Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

my darkclaw deck

hi everybody ive been usin this deck for a ittle bit and i feel its really stable at least for decks around the rating of 245. if played correctly it can get you out of really tough situations though it may need some tweakin in the future, feel free to comment or give me ant tips on cards.
    41 in total
    hero
    1 darkclaw

monsters
    4 pack wolf
    4 wulven predator
    3 lightning hunter
    3 shadow knight
    2 howlfang terror of the vale

abilities
    3 now youre mine
    3 captured prey
    2 speedstrike(probably bump this to 3)
    2 shriek of vengence
    2 ley line nexus
    4 blood moon
    2 bad santas

weapons
    3 what big teeth
    3 jewelers dream
    A1: EVOLUTION IN THEORY

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    It would be nice if you can tell us how you usually play the deck.

Well from first look it seems like an Allied DC. I'm not really a fan simply because i believe DC is more focused towards Weapons (6-8 in deck) and 4x speedstrike, and allies are usually meant to be around 9-12. Also, i tend to see howlfang strategy with Moonstalker since MS can stealth the allies.
    "Try and try until you die...or succeed...whichever comes first"

Jo3yb0i - Knight of Dark and Light
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Drawing Power - A Brief Analysis of Draw Cards

My PM | <(^.^)> | Helpful Links | <(^.^)> | IRC | <(^.^)> | IRC + Game | <(^.^)> | SE DeckBuilder

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    well in all honesty i have no idea how to explain how i play this deck. i thinkits a little bit of a swarm and control since i use JD to summon a ton of pack wolf or wulven predator and then use wulven abilitie to try to maintain control on the field. i use SK to recycle my pack wolf and lightning predator and if possible summon lightning on same turn to put some pressure on the opponent

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I can absolutely see the merit in this deck, the Jeweler's Dream is a nice touch.

On the subject of Lightning Hunter, though, it may be more reliable to use 4 speedstrikes instead, to help set up the board and get your fatties out. Lightning Hunter tends to not play nice with Darkclaw. Though if you insist on using them, you could just leave speedstrike out completely in favour of something else like Full Moon, to capitalise on the pack wolves and predators. Full Moon is also great on Darkclaw because it gives you a way to soften up enemy allies during lulls in your SE store (which without shadow font there will be many of) without fear of retaliation.
    Last edited by Zelasaurus; 04-28-2013 at 02:52 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I would have put 4 WBTs and maybe remove an ally. Why do you only have 3?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    3 WBT is fine. It's just a matter of playstyle. I play with 2 and 4 JD.

Definitly add 1 or 2 speedstrike.

Another suggestion is to remove the LLNs and replace them with Tiger Wulfs. They are doing wonders with DKs.

Also, I would add 2 spectral sabres, it's a very versatile weapon.

Cheers!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    i do think i will add 1 more sppedstike because i tend to be praying to get one but it doees not come up. 3 wbt is fine for me never seen the need for 4. ive thought about SS but i have 2 shrieks and 2 lln so never saw a need for it. i havent thought of full moon but it might work. i really havent thought of adding tiger wulf dunno why but i might giive it a ttry.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    I just play a similar deck, which I'll try to explain.

First of all, it's not my own deck idea, I've seen it watching a QM match and I really liked it and wanted to try it myself. I'm impressed, how well this works. Credits go to the original author of the idea.

Deck:

I call it "Dancing Darkclaw", because Darkclaw equipped with Speedstrike and Jeweler's dream really seems to dance in a furious fast dance and together with his allies lets his opponent's blood just splash around.

Hero:
    Darkclaw

Allies:
    3 Death Mage Thaddeus
    4 Shadow Knight
    3 Morbid Acolyte
    3 Tiger Wulf

Abilities:
    4 Captured Prey
    2 Now You're Mine
    3 Speedstrike
    2 Sacrificial Lamb
    2 Shriek of Vengeance
    4 Blood Moon

Weapons:
    4 Jeweler's Dream
    3 What Big Teeth
    2 Spectral Sabre

Play:

T1: Nothing
    T2: Blood Moon
    T3: Speedstrike
    T4: Jeweler's Dream
    T5: Tiger Wulf or Shadow Knight, 2* attack + DMT, CP or whatever
    T6: ....

This deck really revolves around the combo of Speedstrike and Jeweler's Dream. With Speedstrike you can renew 4 resources per turn and cast your allies and abilities really fast. The Darkclaw's shadow ability on JD makes the weapon attacks able to kill fatties or damage the opponent's hero significantly. It does well in both early and late game, playing first or second.

Card Explanation:

DMT: To damage armored heroes, Ironhide Karashes, Wulven Savages etc., you know.
    SK: You can loop them or recycle the Tiger Wulfs, solid strong ally.
    Morbid Acolyte: To bypass Aeons and other protectors, stealh etc., really versatile ally...
    Tiger Wulf: Another versatile ally, can destroy almost anything, can be looped with SK, good for Sacrifitial Lamb after use.

CP: To neutralize stronger allies you can't deal with another way.
    NYM: To kill low cost allies annoying on the board.
    Speedstrike: Crucial ability to maximize the use of Jeweler's Dream and the DC's shadow ability.
    Sacrificial Lamb: Additional card draw, to maximize potential of Tiger Wulf, to make some use of crippled allies etc., I find myself saccing it often though.
    Shriek: To get rid of Tomes, Staffs, Antimatters etc.
    Blood Moon: Great main draw, useful in both early and late game.

JD: The second key card, gives the deck deadly power.
    WBT: Good and unlimited substitute, when you don't have JD.
    Spectral Sabre: Universal card, I use it as a weapon or attachement destruction about 50/50. The damage of 2 can really help to win the game.

Saccing: Duplicities and cards you don't need against (or can't be countered by) specific opponent or in specific situation.
    Last edited by Snowstalker; 05-04-2013 at 01:20 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    @OP:

- Drop predator and replace it with the far more useful Morbid Acolyte
    - Replace Howlfang with either Tiger Wulf or Plasma Behemoth
    - 3 Speedstrike is standard for DC
    - Replace Bad Santa with Sacrificial Lamb

Personally I wouldn't use any fatties at all for a DC deck but these are some improvements you can make. Howlfang really only works with MS.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowstalker View Post
    I just play a similar deck, which I'll try to explain.

First of all, it's not my own deck idea, I've seen it watching a QM match and I really liked it and wanted to try it myself. I'm impressed, how well this works. Credits go to the original author of the idea.

Deck:

I call it "Dancing Darkclaw", because Darkclaw equipped with Speedstrike and Jeweler's dream really seems to dance in a furious fast dance and together with his allies lets his opponent's blood just splash around.

Hero:
    Darkclaw

Allies:
    3 Death Mage Thaddeus
    4 Shadow Knight
    3 Morbid Acolyte
    3 Tiger Wulf

Abilities:
    4 Captured Prey
    2 Now You're Mine
    3 Speedstrike
    2 Sacrificial Lamb
    2 Shriek of Vengeance
    4 Blood Moon

Weapons:
    4 Jeweler's Dream
    3 What Big Teeth
    2 Spectral Sabre

Play:

T1: Nothing
    T2: Blood Moon
    T3: Speedstrike
    T4: Jeweler's Dream
    T5: Tiger Wulf or Shadow Knight, 2* attack + DMT, CP or whatever
    T6: ....

This deck really revolves around the combo of Speedstrike and Jeweler's Dream. With Speedstrike you can renew 4 resources per turn and cast your allies and abilities really fast. The Darkclaw's shadow ability on JD makes the weapon attacks able to kill fatties or damage the opponent's hero significantly. It does well in both early and late game, playing first or second.

Card Explanation:

DMT: To damage armored heroes, Ironhide Karashes, Wulven Savages etc., you know.
    SK: You can loop them or recycle the Tiger Wulfs, solid strong ally.
    Morbid Acolyte: To bypass Aeons and other protectors, stealh etc., really versatile ally...
    Tiger Wulf: Another versatile ally, can destroy almost anything, can be looped with SK, good for Sacrifitial Lamb after use.

CP: To neutralize stronger allies you can't deal with another way.
    NYM: To kill low cost allies annoying on the board.
    Speedstrike: Crucial ability to maximize the use of Jeweler's Dream and the DC's shadow ability.
    Sacrificial Lamb: Additional card draw, to maximize potential of Tiger Wulf, to make some use of crippled allies etc., I find myself saccing it often though.
    Shriek: To get rid of Tomes, Staffs, Antimatters etc.
    Blood Moon: Great main draw, useful in both early and late game.

JD: The second key card, gives the deck deadly power.
    WBT: Good and unlimited substitute, when you don't have JD.
    Spectral Sabre: Universal card, I use it as a weapon or attachement destruction about 50/50. The damage of 2 can really help to win the game.

Saccing: Duplicities and cards you don't need against (or can't be countered by) specific opponent or in specific situation.

Looks solid I think u should post this on Wulven thread instead of reply here tho Nice post anyway