Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

I need help so that I don't suck the balls of Mages and Warriors.

And Rogues, and hunters....but mostly Magies and those goddarn human weenie armies.

46 Cards including hero

Alternate Art Moonstalker that looks dumb now that I really look at it, but I spent gold on it so I'm getting my money's use.
    3 Infernal Gargoyles
    4 Ironhide Karask
    3 Wulven Predator
    2 Wulven Savage
    3 Shadow Knight
    4 Captured Prey
    4 Pack Wolf
    4 Now You're Mine
    2 WBT
    4 Regeneration
    2 Rabid Wolf
    2 of the naked lady with the blood on her mouth...Bloodlust!
    1 Shadowspawn
    4 Shriek of Vengeance

And 2 of my fanboy *squee look what I just drew* card, Howlfang, Terror of the Vale.

I'm trying to get Howlfang to really take a chunk out of the enemy hero.

My deck seems to work well against the 2 people in the world that use Victor Heartstriker and Ter Adun. Agaisnt everyone else..grr.
    Hopefully y'all can help me with my terrible early game (no resources, out of 67 games I've gone first 11 times, so that sucks too.)
    Horrible mid game(this is where people spam Fireball and the arcane damage and the electric damage and type "noob" using all those low cost cards to 2-3 turn kill my hero, and where I start to play PackWolf and Garg and Karash, but the armor and the fifty Puwen Bloodhelms on the other side of the board have no problem taking them down), and my late game (Summon a fatty or two, they get swarmed.)

I really need help, so if y'all critique me I promise not to hurl insults.
    Last edited by The Card Fox; 05-01-2013 at 08:57 PM. Reason: itscapturedpreynotcapturedwolf

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    bump the shriek down to 2 that is the usual standard and it works fine. then WBT up to 3-4 to get it out sooner though i would use JD instead of it.bloodlust i find it to be not that good a card you might as well use fullmoon which is much better. use bloodmoon x4 the best card for wulvens dunno why you aint using it. and add LLN to get rid of thoese weapons and armors and 2 sac lamb for mare draw which is important in wulvens.after that try doing some testing to c how everything works.
    A1: EVOLUTION IN THEORY

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I'll throw that in, but how many llns? It's pretty expensive resource wise, and how would reducing shrieks help howlfang?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Well, Mages are pretty much the natural counter to Moonstalker.

Wtzky heralded a very good allied MS that did well against Mages (did very well against Maj, but it was still very vulnerable to Elad) revolving around Deathbone, Molten Destroyer, Shadow Knight and Wrath of the Forest (speaking of which, you have absolutely no draw in that list - all decks need draw or they will run out of steam). So basically, every time they kill an ally with burn, they take some damage back and give you a card. It works well against other classes too (if you sprinkle in a few Plasma Behemoths).

I can't find the list I used to run but it went something like this.

3 or 4 of Pack Wolf, Gargoyle, Deathbone, DMT, SK, Molten and PB
    4 Wrath of the Forest and some Bad Santa (or Sac Lamb, can't remember)
    Fill the rest with some Full Moon, Captured Prey, NYM, Regen and/or Acid Jet.

This was before the expansion so there might be some new toys to play with.
    FDL TV!

Channel | Thread | Twitter
    Deck Techs, Game Commentary, Replay Analysis and more!

FDL Tips: The Metagame, Balance and You || Empty Hands
    LL Decklists: Serena || Elementalis

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Molten and PB are already adding to high cost deck, and like you said I need draw and resources. Thinkin this might have to be a fiftt card deck with Jewlers, Acid and those tiger wolves/sac lamb combos.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I think you also need to move closer to 40 with your deck size. Mages usually have good draw with small decks.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Heh...mages small decks.
    *shot for bad pun*
    So I should take out the predators/gargs as well as cutting down on shriek and regen to put in more weaponsz. Kay ill test

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by The Card Fox View Post
    Heh...mages small decks.
    *shot for bad pun*
    So I should take out the predators/gargs as well as cutting down on shriek and regen to put in more weaponsz. Kay ill test
    Wtf why run weapons? WBTs 1 damage is completely inconsequential it's like Engulfing Flames for Mages. Draw is typically 4x Blood Moon and 4x Wrath of the Forest
    IGN: A1 ShadowBeast

I'm interested in seeing how you plan to kill a shadow

MY COTC DECKS
    Nishaven Hybrid

MY DP DECKS
    FT Trollers #1 Baduruu Shutdown

Ter Stripper

Serena the Card Sharp

A1:Evolution in Theory

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    you dont have to cut down on gargs seeing that you want something that will last you can cut out predator or the other way around and if you want something tht will last against mages then take out wulven savage seeing that he cant even withstand a lightning strike. but really make an effort to put around 8 cards that serve as a draw card for example 4 bloodmoon, 2 sac lamb, n 2 bad santa.
    A1: EVOLUTION IN THEORY

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    +4 bmoon
    +4 wtforest
    -1 Shadowspawn
    -2 Shriek
    Cant take savages out, they are my only def versus weenies. Unless there's a hardier 4 cost ally. Tracker?