Close

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    All is fine with this card, only the SE addition to opp hero can be removed to make it better...

And I guess I read somewhere that Sun Blighted One is a SHE and not HE
    IGN: JitSunny

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by jitdey View Post
    All is fine with this card, only the SE addition to opp hero can be removed to make it better...

And I guess I read somewhere that Sun Blighted One is a SHE and not HE
    lol thats what i been saying just remove the SE given to opposing hero im glad someone agrees!
    ign BP Leviosablade

The Keeper Of The Sun-Blighted Ones
    Warrior Of The Blue Phoenix
    Greatness Reborn
    LDL 28-APR-13 CHAMPION

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by pyrogene View Post
    1. There is an edit button for you to change your previous post. You can also use the multi-quote option to quote multiple people.
    2. The change you are suggesting is ridiculous.

This is way overpowered especially on a hero like Eladwen or Majiya. Imagine going first, getting to use their ability first, and having a 3/4 ally in play? It practically guarantees them board control. There is a reason why PotL has 3/3 stats. And best of all you give him worse stats when revived so Gravebone, the one hero SBO was designed for, benefits less from it?
    3. I agree SBO is slightly underpowered but he/she has already been buffed once. I think if he needs adjustment at best it could come in a tweak in his stats upon reviving. 4/5 stats when revived might see more use compared to the 5/4 now.
    All other heroes, their SE ability is used instantly, while GB you need to wait till next turn. Giving your opponent SE is a fast way to die.

Remove everything and give SBO haste when summoned from grave... THAT would actually be useful.
    SHADOW ERA, ETC
    Enjoy Trading Card-games

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    With Portal Maj she's the only ally that can deal 4 damage to the hero using only 3 resources, not that bad.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Helio View Post
    All other heroes, their SE ability is used instantly, while GB you need to wait till next turn. Giving your opponent SE is a fast way to die.

Remove everything and give SBO haste when summoned from grave... THAT would actually be useful.
    That's actually the problem. You can't make SBO's come into play effect too strong because of Eladwen and Majiya so I think the adjustment has to be on her stats/ability after being revived so that GB can actually use her. Haste is interesting (assuming you mean keep the 3/3 stats). Although the wording might be a little convoluted and I'm not sure if the DT would entertain such a change in ability.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I didn't read the whole thread. Just the OP and the last page.

I agree she is not good with other mages than Gravebone. Maybe a tiny bit with Nishaven. Incidentally, might be good with Portal but through Portal almost everything is good. I used her on test server both with Nishaven and Gravebone. IIRC, Nishaven was a Portal one with EP and GB had no Portal. I found SBO was very powerful with GB.

To me it's like SK loop but it's stronger. Because you can start looping on t4 and while looping you can still play other cards from your hand. Example: t3 SBO, opponent t3 or t4, if he kills SBO you revive it next turn and play another SBO or a good ally. You now have a 5/4 and a possible 3/4 on the field. If you played both SBOs then your opponent hero is down 3 points of health without you doing anything and he probably used his resources to kill /disable your allies more than coming after your hero. If he disables your SBO, you can use Supernova and loop SBO. Her ping makes it easier to use Supernova as those pings make you lead with regards to hero HPs or you can just Slamb it. If my opponent is using his SE to kill my SBOs, I think it's a good thing as SBO loop has a chance to create a snowball effect(TM) to a point your opponent cannot deal with it anymore. And all the time taking those pings.

There are some opponent heroes that benefit more from the SE gain, as you pointed out in your post. There are also some who can deal with your allies in an easier way. Boris only deal with one at a time with his ability and he has no board wipe. Victor same. Gwen is too slow to counter it I think. Nishaven might have an advantage more than some others. Amber and Jericho has irrelevant abilities. Buffed weapon hits once. Zhanna can heal more than normal. It usually elongates games. As for their board wipes, you play clever as you always do not over playing your allies. I think Banebow, Baduruu, Zaladar, Elementalis and Zhanna. These five could be problematic giving SE to for SBO looping GB.

There is a solution however, if you want to. There are a couple of cards all mages have access to to prevent your opponent from using their SE for a while for relatively cheap costs. I've seen that type of deck being played and it's very effective.
    Last edited by ahmet476; 05-02-2013 at 12:56 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    As someone who plays constantly Ter Adun, this card is already powerful enough giving many mages an early and most importantly, unexpected use of ability. That caught me off guarded a few times. While as Ter Adun, the early gain of shadow energy means not much, but removing it is even worse. Not all match ups are about mages vs mages, try to think about other heroes' perspectives.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Just to be clear, this is what I want in order of preference
    1)
    When Sun-blighted One enters play, all heroes gain 1 shadow energy and all opposing heroes take 1 damage. If Sun-blighted One enters play from a graveyard, it has haste.
    2)
    When Sun-blighted One enters play, all opposing heroes take 1 damage. If Sun-blighted One enters play from a graveyard, it gains +2 base attack and +1 health.
    SHADOW ERA, ETC
    Enjoy Trading Card-games

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    No changes needed. Just try using some other cards
    EveryThing Changes

"The difference between the possible and the impossible lies within a persons determination" -- Tommy Lasorda

Check out my decks and others at Shadowera.net. Shadowera's #1 Super Fan Site!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I think this card does work as is. A bit gimmicky but it works.
    If you insist on not giving the opposing hero the 1 SE then it would need to be an on summon ability and mainly be an inverse PotL with a buff when resurrected.