Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

FT Troller #1 Baduruu Shutdown

Well with the two big FT/SK counters up and coming I thought I'll post up my most successful "troll" deck. I might post more but this is by far the most tried and tested one, helping me ascend to 270. But before the anti-FT movement rolls in with the big guns, ill like to clarify that this deck does not rely on FT/SK recursion. The most time I've ever recursed an FT was twice and even then I also had a spare FT in my hand so it could probably do without SKs

Baduruu+41

ALLIES(7)
    Furrion Terror x4
    Shadow Knight x3

ABILITIES(16)
    Poison Arrow x2
    Rapid Fire x3
    HBM x4
    Enchanted Forest x2
    The Perfect Shot x3
    LLN x2

ITEMS(18)
    Evil Ascendant x4
    Cobraskin Wraps x4
    Crescent of Doom x4
    Soul Seeker x4
    Grundlers Double x2

Edit: for those who want to tweak this deck a bit, here are the non- core cards:
    Poison Arrow
    Enchanted Forest
    LLN
    Evil Ascendant( i sometimes find that with FT and Crescent, the 1 damage from EA is sometimes inconsequential)

This deck is a many-headed beast. It's Resource Destruction, it's Control, it's FT/SK recursion. As long as you have 1 of them set up and running, this deck has a strong fighting chance. So even if you don't manage to chain your Cobraskin and HBM early resource destruction, you can still win so yes I've won games without early resource destruction or FT looping.

Early game( 1-4 resources)
    This deck gives up early game for late game advantage and most of the time you'll be receiving heavy abuse in the early game so don't panic if your health gets below 15. Chain as much resource destruction as you can and then hardcast Crescent. IMO it isn't FT, EA or resource destruction that's the key card in this deck. It's Crescent of Doom. It's alright even if you don't get your RD, Crescent is the real star, it prevents your opponent from spamming allies to finish you off as well as cleaning up your opponents early game allies. Crescent is treated more as a support ability than a weapon, use it to clear the board and once it's cleared just hold on to it, save its dura and don't attack the hero with it. You will suffer a lot of damage early game and your opponent will be hitting you down to very low health but this is at the cost of his mid-late game. Most of the time, they just simply won't have the resources to finish you off. I've had a game against Amber where I was down to 6 health and him full when I managed to turn the game back around and win. Note: against Rush, it's a lot different, especially against Mages you'll want to skip Crescent and straight away ability cast SS because your healing is much more important

Mid-game(turn 6-8)
    The prep phase for your comeback. By now most early game allies will be killed so you'll mostly be reacting to your opponents individual threats. Hold on to Crescent of Doom to prevent from being overrun by allies, keep your Perfect Shots for fatties, your FT for occasional one or two weenies and lay down a Enchanted Forest for your late game weapons

Late Game(SE >8)
    This is when FT and SK are used for their attack. Ability cast your big guns( Enchanted Forest + Extra SE in case of item destruction) and throw down an FT even if the board is empty. Then start going for the throat with combined bow damage+FT/SK swings your opponent should be too low on resource to do much to stop you by now

Other notable cards
    Shriek of Vengeance: destroys your opponents draw engine to force them into both top deck and low resource mode

Night Prowler: sometimes in the mid-game phase some opponents just wait it out and accumulate their hand since you aren't much of a threat at this point with only a Crescent and an empty board. Drop a Night Prowler to steal some of the accumalated cards and force them into panic mode.

Snare Trap: this could probably replace Poison Arrow though I still like it for its abilit˙ to delay

Sac Lamb: i agree that this would probably be better than Grundlers as draw honestly most cards I ever drew with Grundlers was 2

So feel free to give suggestions. Any comments on cards and strategies? Any better cards to add? Want more troll FT decks? :P(options are Ter Stripper and Zaladar)
    Last edited by Shadowborn; 04-30-2013 at 01:00 PM.
    IGN: A1 ShadowBeast

I'm interested in seeing how you plan to kill a shadow

MY COTC DECKS
    Nishaven Hybrid

MY DP DECKS
    FT Trollers #1 Baduruu Shutdown

Ter Stripper

Serena the Card Sharp

A1:Evolution in Theory

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    i think your deck needs more stable draw engine ? i have played with it, after T8. I am running out of cards first than any other hero..
    so i can`t keep playing
    Last edited by williedelice; 04-29-2013 at 02:36 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    See Late Game section for your finishing plays. Against Mages the key is an early game SS for healing. Not sure about Gwen since I've never played against one yet. Have you played any games against her?

MY COTC DECKS
    Nishaven Hybrid

MY DP DECKS

Ter Stripper

Serena the Card Sharp

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowborn View Post
    See Late Game section for your finishing plays. Against Mages the key is an early game SS for healing. Not sure about Gwen since I've never played against one yet. Have you played any games against her?

I have played with gwen, serena and so on.. but i had fun at the begining of game with destroyuing oppenent`s resources but at the late game.. i am running out of cards and i couldnt do anything....

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by williedelice View Post
    i think your deck needs more stable draw engine ? i have played with it, after T8. I am running out of cards first than any other hero..
    so i can`t keep playing
    I see your point if you find draw to be a problem maybe 4 Grundlers? Most of the time you'll only have either SK or FT on board so every turn should guarantee a extra draw. How much do you sac until? Best would be till 5 only max 7. Sac too much and you won't have enough cards

MY COTC DECKS
    Nishaven Hybrid

MY DP DECKS

Ter Stripper

Serena the Card Sharp

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Here are some Baduruu games

AA1 ShadowBeast vs Cordage
    vs KA HAMMER
    Most of my old games are off the 30 game history lol and I've been testing out too much strange decks so I apologize if my games are all over the place lol. On the other hand mind if you post your IGN so I can check out your games? Like I said key is to play conservatively. Once your resources are at 5 try not to sac unless you have to

MY COTC DECKS
    Nishaven Hybrid

MY DP DECKS

Ter Stripper

Serena the Card Sharp

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    If i draw SK and FT at the begining, should i keep it for the late game?
    Since you said that i dont need to sac more than 5, so i dont have to rush to sac to 5 in a row?
    I really like Baduruu, just dont know how to control it lol

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    And i just realiszed that your deck kills more than to be killed. Since that why dont you add 2 or 3 more pride of moutain instead of double bow?

Is that any special reason to use that bow? for MS?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I know you don't have a lot of allies but isn't it bad that you play 5cc allies for 6cc at times? Or is it not that common?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by ahmet476 View Post
    I know you don't have a lot of allies but isn't it bad that you play 5cc allies for 6cc at times? Or is it not that common?
    I don't mind spending the extra resource and I have done that a few times too though if I'm 5 res and I can't cast it, at most I will just take an extra 1 hit. when going for the throat correct sequence of order will be another bow first before an FT

Quote Originally Posted by williedelice View Post
    And i just realiszed that your deck kills more than to be killed. Since that why dont you add 2 or 3 more pride of moutain instead of double bow?

Is that any special reason to use that bow? for MS?
    It's supposedly the best bow for Baduruu because its 1) high cost(6cc) and Baduruu can cast it for free 2) It has a higher durability than SS meaning you can do another 3 damage more than SS. However I can see your logic in adding Pride of the Mountain though it might change the playstyle a little. It has to be dropped at the right time though. Cast it too early and opposing weenies will whittle down its dura before it does its job, too late and you'll hardly be drawing anything. But thanks for the suggestion I will try it out. I will try to play a few Baduruu games today in case anyone is jnterested

MY COTC DECKS
    Nishaven Hybrid

MY DP DECKS

Ter Stripper

Serena the Card Sharp