Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    T4 Voltar's Ring, T5 Portal, T6 Ability + 2x 3cc allies
    Congratulations to Preybird for designing my Avatar!

In Game Handle: Warr Byrd

Contributions to the Game:
    Flavor text for Wild Berserker: The odds are always in my favor
    PFG3: To Be Released Soon™

Tournament Wins: None, I'm Timmy Johnny not Spike!

Shout out to Gondorian, nerull7, Nikola D, plo, Preybird, Super Grover, and Zhou86 for submitting potential avatars!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Wow, Alot of advice since I last checked yesterday. Seems like most of you agree that Portal and/or Voltaire's Ring is the way to go, so I'll save up some gold and try both out, probably toss a couple of Sand Worms in too. Thanks for all the advice guys, appreciate it!
    Last edited by tntbabin; 05-01-2013 at 09:16 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Warr Byrd View Post
    T4 Voltar's Ring, T5 Portal, T6 Ability + 2x 3cc allies
    That could work. I'm playing a Portal Majiya lately. Sometimes even putting down t4 Portal to the board slows me too much against rushy decks. Usually human rush and then weapons or burn if it's a human mage rushing. That is my experience. If it works for you let me know, sounds like a fun plan. Typical human rush does 1+1+2+3+2+3+3=15 dmg total if unopposed. Then it's easy to grab the weapons or the burn. I'm sure you know this. I'm writing if anyone doesn't think of this situation.

I don't think Portal is a must. It's a choice. I'm sure there were people who succeeded with non-Portal Nishaven even before DP. Now it's more reliable with additions to his card pool.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by ahmet476 View Post
    That could work. I'm playing a Portal Majiya lately. Sometimes even putting down t4 Portal to the board slows me too much against rushy decks. Usually human rush and then weapons or burn if it's a human mage rushing. That is my experience. If it works for you let me know, sounds like a fun plan. Typical human rush does 1+1+2+3+2+3+3=15 dmg total if unopposed. Then it's easy to grab the weapons or the burn. I'm sure you know this. I'm writing if anyone doesn't think of this situation.

I don't think Portal is a must. It's a choice. I'm sure there were people who succeeded with non-Portal Nishaven even before DP. Now it's more reliable with additions to his card pool.
    Yeah, I haven't tried it yet, and obviously limiting the early damage would be important, but it would go a long way towards gaining board control if all the pieces survived. Five damage to everything other than Sandworm, Gargoyle and Kurt, Gargoyle and Kurt would still take 4 damage which would be lethal, and two hasted allies would probably take care of any surviving opposing allies. But it's a big combo and might be too late and too much tempo loss to be competitive. Just tossing out an idea, which I'll be trying eventually.

Shout out to Gondorian, nerull7, Nikola D, plo, Preybird, Super Grover, and Zhou86 for submitting potential avatars!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Yeah, I haven't tried it yet, and obviously limiting the early damage would be important, but it would go a long way towards gaining board control if all the pieces survived. Five damage to everything other than Sandworm, Gargoyle and Kurt, Gargoyle and Kurt would still take 4 damage which would be lethal, and two hasted allies would probably take care of any surviving opposing allies. But it's a big combo and might be too late and too much tempo loss to be competitive. Just tossing out an idea, which I'll be trying eventually.
    Don't forget that with Voltair's Ring you only deal 3 damages to your own allies. Most 3cc allies will survive the blast forcing your opponent to deal with them in some way.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    My problem with Voltar's and Portal is not the tempo loss Nish can deal with that very well its the deck space. For portal to really work you need a somewhat decent amount of allies then add draw and burn and any control cards like fear or Retreat it gets very hard to fit everything so you need to give up a lot somewhere.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Melph View Post
    Don't forget that with Voltair's Ring you only deal 3 damages to your own allies. Most 3cc allies will survive the blast forcing your opponent to deal with them in some way.
    Yes, but they won't survive the following Furrion Terror from the opponent.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Yes, but they won't survive the following Furrion Terror from the opponent.
    Don't get me started on what counters what otherwise ...
    Last edited by Melph; 05-02-2013 at 12:25 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I am struggling to string together a deck using the cards I posted on the previous page. Can't choose what to take out to make room for 2x Voltars Ring and 4x Portal without weakening the deck.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by TotallyImba View Post
    I am struggling to string together a deck using the cards I posted on the previous page. Can't choose what to take out to make room for 2x Voltars Ring and 4x Portal without weakening the deck.
    This is the deck I would use:

Nishaven

***Allies (20)***
    3x Aldon the Brave
    2x Aeon Stormcaller
    4x Champion of Irum
    3x Layarian Seductress
    4x Tainted Oracle

***Abilities (15)***
    4x Fireball
    4x Lightning Strike
    2x Ley Line Nexus