Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Viable Nishaven Builds?

Hello all, I started this game in the earlier days of it's release but quit playing due to a small card selection at the time(came back after hearing about the expansion). During that time I enjoyed playing around with Nishaven, however soon realized he was sorta outclassed by a large majority of other heroes and switched over to Eladwen and am still playing her after coming back. So my question is this "now that there have been many tweaks to the cards and the expansion set has been released, are there any viable Nishaven decks out there or should I just stick with Eladwen? No need to show specific deck lists if you don't want to, looking more for general deck ideas based around Nishaven(if there are any) that can be fairly competitive. I'd test some stuff out myself if I had more shadow crystals/gold/cards to mess around with. Thanks in advance for any advice

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Well Nishaven's new toy is Voltar's Ring and it helps him out quite a bit. Not only does it increase his ability's damage to 5 it also lowers it to 3 for your own allies. This makes his ability less detrimental to your own board and allows him to play allies while still keeping them alive if he needs to wipe the board. If that case never arises, there are also a few cards that sink SE if you don't need his ability (Marshland Sentinel, Wand of Izikus, Staff of disintegration, ect). While maybe every path isn't "viable" they do work in their own way and I would suggest you try them out if you like Nishaven.
    Was the Leader of Acolytes of A1

A1's Dimensional Eyes in the Sky
    A1 Alliance: Evolution in Theory
    PFG3 Leader

Was Shadow Era Community Manager

Sota, The Switch Axe Monster Hunter

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."
    "Humans fight to secure peace as they envision it. The trouble is, everyone's vision is different." - Ringabel

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Y'know, now that you bring up Voltaire's Ring, I can't help but think Lightning Strike could become significantly more fun, lol. Staff of Disintegration could help deal with some of those pesky weapon based heroes too. Definitely some food for thought, thanks!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    there is one trick that only nishaven can do.

Earthen Protector + Sun-blighted One + Nishaven's ability. With EP and SBO on board, use Nishaven's ability and SBO comes back as 7/6.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Interesting... I kinda wanna mess around with that... Maybe add undying bond and perhaps portal to the combo. Thanks for the info

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Kylt View Post
    there is one trick that only nishaven can do.

Earthen Protector + Sun-blighted One + Nishaven's ability. With EP and SBO on board, use Nishaven's ability and SBO comes back as 7/6.
    I tried that. Found it too cute. When I achieved that I either already won or lost the game.

Voltar's Ring is definitely amazing for Nishaven. Humans also have tougher allies for lower casting costs which is relevant to Nishaven's SE ability.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I still think Nish works well with portal builds. His ability gives a board wipe for free portal allies then gain control of the board.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Below is the deck which Raph posted, it is a good starting point to work with. I am going to make a Nish deck and probably get rid of Freezing Grips and throw in Voltars Ring x2. Also as above, Portal could be added in but I wouldn't know which cards to take out. As for the allies, they could be changed to your preferred setup.

Nishaven

***Allies (17)***
    3x Jasmine Rosecult
    3x Aldon the Brave
    2x Aeon Stormcaller
    2x Artful Squire
    3x Fleet-footed Messenger
    4x Champion of Irum

***Abilities (18)***
    4x Fireball
    2x Freezing Grip
    4x Lightning Strike
    3x Supernova
    2x Bad Santa
    2x Ley Line Nexus
    1x Treasured Heirloom

***Items (4)***
    4x Tome of Knowledge

TOTAL: 39 cards + Hero

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Portal is good too. But if you're gonna put Ring in it, it is a serious 4cc setup by itself. I don't think both of them would be viable in a deck as it would considerably slow you down.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Portal is a must for Nishaven. When timed properly it add a lot of pressure on your opponent. It kinda force him to overextand if he cant destroy the portal allowing Nishaven to gain more advantage from his ability.

Voltar's Ring give Nishaven that little hump that makes the difference. Suddently all the opponent 5 toughness allies die while your Sandra/Aldon survive. Lightning bolt become Fireballs

Both card could work in a deck. They have different purpose. You just need to adapt depending on your current situation in the game.