Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    up until yesterday I won about 17 out of 20 games with Maj. You definitely need to be running Supernova, at least 2-3, and also a pair of Scourge Colossus with Portal. That combo is sick if you can get it out. Only yesterday I started losing some games, combination of bad draws and going up against other really good decks that were built on speed. I have seen other Maj decks, I've played against several lately in fact. I think my problem is that as I quickly moved up in rank I should have tweaked my deck (I wasn't running any Sever Ties for example, should have added a couple), but anyway my deck is flexible, fun, and competitive in QM.

I'm now building a new Zaladar deck, but Maj is a lot of fun and as other people have said "far from dead".

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    to me the deck seems solid you must have bad luck recently or just made wrong decisions on what to sac and i find maji around 2-5 times for every 25 QMs. and something essential to every mage deck is nova i would say 3-4.
    A1: EVOLUTION IN THEORY

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I play a lot of Majiya too and I'm floating at around 320. Colossus is a must, I'm not sold on Nova, and you definitely need more allies. I have 2 Colossus instead of Shriek. I also have Snow Sapphire because I've been running into a lot of Baduruu and Darkclaws, and its good against Zaladar to reduce the damage you take from Mind Control.
    Wanderer of Worlds
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

IGN: BP NickOh
    IRC: [BP]nickoh

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I'm around 350 and I'm still finding some Majiya's, they are nowhere as popular as in previous seasons but is still find some from time to time, Banebow and Eladwen are probably the most popular currently.

I haven't used Nova on Majiya portal for quite a long time, it usually hurts more than it helps, its a good card if you don't use portal but with it your fatties already clear the board fast enough.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    So what most of you are saying is ditch item destruction and just put more allies? And yeah, Colossus has been a part of my deck as of late as well.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I've been playing with Maj a fair bit since DP, while it's true to say she didn't get as much love as some of the others I believe she is still strong.

Portal seems the obvious and most viable option as everyone knows. I prefer ally heavy over supernova although the TerrorNova(TM) combo can be nice. As for 3cc drops I'm liking 3 dmt, 3 gary and 3 Wulven predator at the moment.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by King K View Post
    I've been playing with Maj a fair bit since DP, while it's true to say she didn't get as much love as some of the others I believe she is still strong.

Portal seems the obvious and most viable option as everyone knows. I prefer ally heavy over supernova although the TerrorNova(TM) combo can be nice. As for 3cc drops I'm liking 3 dmt, 3 gary and 3 Wulven predator at the moment.
    No Death Collectors? I run them in my Portal Maj. Probably the most painful 3cc to come out of a Portal if you have spare resource for his ability. Also acts as a great distraction to draw fire away from Majiya in the early game
    IGN: A1 ShadowBeast

I'm interested in seeing how you plan to kill a shadow

MY COTC DECKS
    Nishaven Hybrid

MY DP DECKS
    FT Trollers #1 Baduruu Shutdown

Ter Stripper

Serena the Card Sharp

A1:Evolution in Theory