Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Thumbs down How i got to 310 ranking and stopped winning

So-so deck to rank up, as soon as you get past 300 (in 20 or 30 games), it's pretty much useless. Even with some changes i pretty much lose to every hero - and this as never happened to me before. Also, there's just way too many guild players and no diversity in decks or playing style. Maj tier 1? Ah!
    Until someone can prove me otherwise, i think Maj is dead meat since DP got released (before, weapon based heroes were hard to deal with, now its pretty much impossible). I rarely see a fellow Maj as well. It's by far the hero i encounter less, on par with Gwen and Jericho.
    Anyway, it's sad to see her go.

Majiya

4x Ironhide
    4x SK
    3x DMT
    2x Garg (or MA)
    2x Furrion Terror

4x Fireball
    3x Lightning
    4x Portal
    4x ToK

2x Shriek
    2x LLN / Acid Jet
    1x Sever Ties
    2x Sac. Lamb
    2x Consuming Fear

Variations according to taste. Less item destruction, more allies/burn. Sometimes i play with Colossus and Nova as well.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by chise2
    Majiya

4x Ironhide
    4x SK
    2x DMT
    3x Garg
    2x Furion Terror
    2x Scourge Colossus

4x Fireball
    4x Lightning
    2x Nova
    4x Portal
    4x ToK

2x Shriek
    2x Sac. Lamb
    This is what I would run. Scourge is so good with Portal. It's basically your LLN/Shriek and it does good damage.
    Last edited by Drakkon; 04-29-2013 at 07:54 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    dude heres why you suck at the 300 im a 277 right now i was almost to 300 at one point and ive beaten players in the top 30 ranking what the hell are you going to do with one freaking sever ties???? and no freaking novas?? super nova is key in any MAGE deck yo play my gravebone id jack all your allies with supernova and get alleis like doombringer out or sunblighted one times two you need to rid the sever ties add 4 supernovas rid the portal since there are cards like focused prayer out and it an abillity so anything that wipes abillity cards your done i see your strategy revolves around portal majiya is a great hero your playing the wrong cards drop sever ties and portall add 1 more ls and 4 novas and i think you will see a increase in your ranking and probably do decent in tourneys i hope this helps you out bro i hope to play you one day on a qm
    ign BP Leviosablade

The Keeper Of The Sun-Blighted Ones
    Warrior Of The Blue Phoenix
    Greatness Reborn
    LDL 28-APR-13 CHAMPION

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Ahahah 4 novas, are you for real? And are you really 277? If so, maybe my time in this game is really over...

Anyway, your post is an incoherent mess.

Also, sever ties has saved my ass more than once.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    ya but what you gonna do with one??????

and hey i play tourneys i see shit alot i seen good majias and 4 novas its odds dipshit whats the odds youll get a 2nd sever ties its like trying too kill 8 people with a 6 shooter in a gunfight it happens and i beat players in top 100 to top 30 many a times whenever i play one you cant even win so maybe you should rethink im giving helpful info your playing a game where probability comes into play im decent at math

and i can count cards of my opponent and estimate their next move i been playing well over a year son and know what your deck would do shit in a tourney nova is a key card in any mage deck any REAL good player would know it and ewhat happens when you play a badurru resource control deck where your average resource is 3? no nothing for you
    ign BP Leviosablade

The Keeper Of The Sun-Blighted Ones
    Warrior Of The Blue Phoenix
    Greatness Reborn
    LDL 28-APR-13 CHAMPION

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I always keep at least one sever ties in all my decks. Doing 10 damage to a warrior with one card is pretty good if I do say so myself (Remove Enrage)

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    toogah,
    Well, if you read my first post, i did say i alternate and play with nova sometimes. In QM you can't have all the solutions for every opponent, so i think 4 novas is overkill, probably 2 max. As with sever ties, i'll probably try to run 2, never tried that, i keep 1 just in case, and it helps more than it doesn't. Maybe in some cases item destruction is not as important as attachment destruction.
    If you are really good, then your Maj must be doing better than mine at the rankings right?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    What r u talking about? I still play Maj and I got an 80% win rate with her. I even beat a couple of Elad rush. She ain't dead yet!
    Leader of Rising Sun
    Learn, Improve, Succeed

Relevant RS Links:
    About Us|Trophy Room
    Card Gallery|How to Apply

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Vu View Post
    What r u talking about? I still play Maj and I got an 80% win rate with her. I even beat a couple of Elad rush. She ain't dead yet!
    Thanks for sharing.

By the way, how many Maj's do you people encounter? Close to none i presume. Specially comparing to other heroes. Still, people say she's tier 1?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by chise2 View Post
    Thanks for sharing.

By the way, how many Maj's do you people encounter? Close to none i presume. Specially comparing to other heroes. Still, people say she's tier 1?
    I have 5 in my last 50 or so games. Only Eladwen is more common for me. I do believe she's at least in the top 5 most common (for me it's Eladwen, Elementalis, Baduruu, Moonstalker, Majiya) still.