Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

My first competitive playing deck.

Ok so short story is I left this game for a good year or two and came back after I heard so much hype. Never really played competitively so here is my first deck tell me if it's good, bad, can use improvement, has flaws, changes, is perfect (doubt it), etc.

My hero is Nishaven first guy/hero I had and first one I really liked:

Allies 8:
    Pretty simple

4 x Artful Squire
    4 x Frosted Urigon

Yes you guessed it my deck is going to be freezing-centric/stalling. Artful Squire is to destroy and cards I find irritating and to get him to the graveyard (2 birds, one stone idea). Urigon is just there to give the hero a few hits or keep enemies frozen.

Abilities 31:
    Alright brace yourself

2 x Fireball
    1 x Poison Gas
    3 x Lighting Strike
    1 x Tome of Knowledge
    2 x Retreat!
    2 x Honored Dead
    1 x Drain Power
    2 x Master Smith
    2 x Snow Sapphire
    2 x Voice of Winter
    1 x Scrying Eye
    4 x Meteor Shower
    1 x Undying Bond
    1 x Consuming Fear
    2 x Voltar's Ring
    2 x Shatter Ice
    1 x Rejuvenating Ritual
    1 x Blazing Shield

Alright so basically my deck is on getting VoW out an leaving the allies at bay (done so by Meteor, Fireball, and Lighting Strike) which is why I also have Tome Of Knowledge (though I don't use it much it does come in handy when needed). Once out Shatter Ice is basically for getting rid of pesky creatures that keep rising from the dead. Honored Dead and Scrying Eye are for a much need heal to survive a turn or stopping any weapon/armor appearances, since I use both in combination with Poison Gas/Blazing Shield (Blazing only really use if I face a Rogue, Warrior, or Hunter which is almost always and for other small health allies). Consuming Fear basically takes care of a human rush centered around Aeon along with a meteor shower/fireball or 2.

Retreat! is for protecting my Urigon from being killed and Undying Bond is to retrieve it back or an Artful Squire in case the opponent I'm facing has more than one copy of a much needed destroyed card, or again a Urigon that has been lost.

Finally for the hero Rejuvenating Ritual is in case I'm facing a Mage who loves to dwindle me down or and Elemental who has transferred one of my cards. Snow Sapphire protects and freezes as well so it works nicely in conjunction with freed allies from VoW. Master Smith gets many any destroyed weapons/armor (simple). Voltar's ring is basically for those bulky allies (namely mentioning sandworm, though don't seem him often, or gargoyle).

Tell me what you think, I am a noob in need and any advice from you veteran's out their is highly appreciated!

Also I have 2 other decks I'm working on though you don't have to read beyond this point, but if you have some extra time or are kind-hearted enough to give them another generous read thank you in advance.

Here goes first off is my second favorite hero: Zaladar. (Sounds so alien-like. Martians and inter-dimensional galaxies and such).

Be warned this deck is even more everywhere then the one above and surpasses the limit of 40 I'm aiming for.

Allies:
    More or less usual elementals

4 x Spark
    2 x Disciple of Aldmor
    1 x Furrion Terror
    2 x Flare
    1 x Crystal Titan

Abilities:
    Somehow 2 of everything is better

1 x Energy Discharge
    2 x Conversion
    3 x Transference
    2 x Mind Control
    2 x Feedback
    2 x Life Infusion
    2 x Eternal Renewal
    2 x Shriek of Vengeance
    1 x Shadow Font
    2 x Rain Delay
    1 x Drain Power
    2 x Master Smith
    1 x Dome of Energy
    1 x Shadow Armor
    1 x Infinity Core
    2 x Anti-Matter
    1 x Super Focus
    1 x Interference
    2 x Aura of Retribution
    1 x Breastplate of Vitality
    1 x Morphic Armor

Basically I won't go into the details of every single card/combo (Most of the cards are self-explanatory for being there since most elemental decks have them E.G. Spark, Flare, and Transference).

I have Disciple of Aldmor, because well she's a pain to get rid of due to her health and immunity to shadow energy. She's basically there to take the hits while I get Zaladar some shadow energy or Anti-Matter/Infinity Core going (Super Focus and Aura of Retribution does wonders for her). Other than that she makes a well Life Infusion+/Conversion combination when Zaladar is seeing the light.

Feedback let's be do double what I am able to do in one turn to set up a healing/draw current and some allies to the field.

Shadow Font renews my SE and Drain Power well drains the other opponent. Interference is sort of in between the two in helping get enough SE while stopping the other from using His/Hers. Crystal Titan also does a similar thing of giving me some extra SE here and there though mostly he's used for healing.

Breastplate, Dome Of Energy, and Shadow Armor. All basically for protection though serve to healing my allies, lowering the opponents allies, and giving me a few SE. Master Smith is there to keep me going with the armor.

Now Morphic Armor is mention on its own for being the central of destroying Warriors, Hunters, and Darkclaw. Used alongside Shadow Font I can get such abilities as Enrage, Rampage, Rapid Fire Accurate Shot and one of Darkclaw's favorites Lone Wolf (though I don't really use it. it hurts him severally).

I know this deck is all over the place which is why I need advice.

Finally there is my Ter Adun deck. Probably the most all over the place deck out there (Exaggerating but hey it is). Though it does stay within the 40 card limit.

Allies:
    Quickly now

2 x Disciple of Aldmor
    2 x Wulven Savage
    1 x Furrion Terror
    2 x Braxnorian Veteran
    1 x Countess Rasmina
    2 x Stalwart Battleguard

Abilities:
    Many as always

1 x Valiant Defender
    1 x War Banner
    1 x Enrage
    1 x Crippling Blow
    1 x Rampage
    1 x Shield Bash
    2 x Shriek of Vengeance
    1 x Acid Jet
    1 x Shadow Font
    2 x Rain Delay
    1 x Drain Power
    1 x Extra Sharp
    2 x Master Smith
    1 x Snow Sapphire
    1 x Violet Thunderstorm
    1 x Berserker's Edge
    2 x Alert and Able
    1 x Battle Hardened
    2 x Lythite Coating
    1 x Smith Shop
    2 x Aura of Retribution
    1 x Arthyle's Crypt
    1 x Sanctuary

Alright I'm getting sleepy right now so I will not go into any detail over this deck. Ok except that it's centered mostly around Stalward with Alert and Able along with Battle Hardened gives him some extra power and keeps him alive for a while (Aura of Retribution helps too). If he doesn't live Arthyle's Crypt returns.

If against Boris or a Mage Disciple is probably the next one I choose along with the previous attachments. Braxnorian helps in returning lost attachments.

Lythite Coating, Master Smith, and Smith Shop are basically for my armor/weapon so I can be reusing and protecting it. Talking about armor since it's about the only thing Ted (yes Ted) is best at destroying if I face a Mage or Priestest (a certain girl) Sanctuary comes into play so I can keep hitting over and over.

Countess Rasmina basically keeps Hunters from hitting her and helps to take away weapons when I'm using Berserker's Edge. Furrion Terror is Basically an unprepared Majiya worst nightmare (though that hardly happens so I keep it safe until I'm more or less sure she's used up all her lighting and is not running a freezing deck, which believe it or not I find a lot at low rankings).

Ok so this deck needs a lot of help especially since Ted's ability isn't really that useful other than for weapons (Hunters, Warriors, Darkclaw).

This deck needs the most help out of all three.

If you read this far I greatly thank you in advance for taking the time to worry about someone you don't know and help me out as a newbie in the dark shadowy (yea I said it) competitive world.

Please leave responses/comments or PM or whatever you want to do to do to communicate. This has been Astroace (New member) or Aceastro in Shadow Era (Returning member).

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    How are these decks working for you in quick match?

My first take is that there aren't many 4x cards in any of your decks, so, for instance, the Nishaven freeze/stall deck may not see Voice of Winter in a timely fashion.

Have fun and keep playing.

Least active member of: ETC (Ended There by Chance)
    Account for Gondorian to transfer Shadow Crystals to: m0ghedian

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by a player View Post
    How are these decks working for you in quick match?

My first take is that there aren't many 4x cards in any of your decks, so, for instance, the Nishaven freeze/stall deck may not see Voice of Winter in a timely fashion.

Have fun and keep playing.

Well my Nishaven is actually doing pretty well on my take. 7-9 wins mostly out of 10 which is why I've advance in rank from 99-143.

When I was using my Zaladar deck it did pretty well but in the 100-115 rankings I could easily be countered sometimes. 4-6/10

Ter Adun wasn't all that great and it brought me up to the 90 ranking along with Zaladar but it just wouldn't go any higher. In 100 ranking it was going 1-3/10

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    @moderators move to strategy section...
    Buried Treasure of Nanana
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix/ Greatness, Reborn
    My tournament achievements

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Well just to share my two cents. There are too many 1x -2x....it lacks consistency.
    "Try and try until you die...or succeed...whichever comes first"

Jo3yb0i - Knight of Dark and Light
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Drawing Power - A Brief Analysis of Draw Cards

My PM | <(^.^)> | Helpful Links | <(^.^)> | IRC | <(^.^)> | IRC + Game | <(^.^)> | SE DeckBuilder

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Agree with Index: wrong sub-forum.