Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Explosion sound still occurs even when music turned off

Description: When "Music" and "Turn Notification" are turned off in SE, game is totally silent (as it should be), except for the explosion sound effect, which is quite startling when you playing in a quiet setting with other people around.

Platform: iPhone 5

Version: v2.010

Steps to reproduce: I always turn off all music and sound effects in SE, because I am frequently playing in quiet environments with other people around. In the previous version (v2.000) and earlier versions, it was possible to turn off all music and sound effects. However, in this new v2.010, the Options screen has a "Music" checkbox (which I have turned off) and a "Turn Notification" checkbox (which I have also turned off). There is no separate checkbox for "Sounds", but I assume that turning off "Music" also turns off sound effects.

But anyway, with both "Music" and "Turn Notification" turned off, SE is totally silent, except for explosions, which are quite startling in a quiet environment. (This bug did not occur in v2.000 and previous versions; this is a new bug in v2.010.) Among the cards I have tried so far, I know the following 3 all make this this explosion sound: Fireball, Focused Prayer, and Sandra Trueblade. Also, I think these 4 make the explosion sound (but I'm not certain): Stop, Thief!, Here Be Monsters, Shriek of Vengeance, and Smashing Blow. There might be others as well.

I don't know if this bug is specific to the iPhone, or occurs on other platforms as well.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Illusionator View Post
    [...]
    I don't know if this bug is specific to the iPhone, or occurs on other platforms as well.
    It happens on Mac OS too and I heard people complaining it happens in other platforms, so must be a bug common to all platforms.
    The game is great and the design team is doing an awesome job, but it seems developers can't get it right.
    I would complain about the sound options management altogether and lots of esthetic choices such as the huge items on screen for big screen platforms... but it wouldn't be fair I believe. Overall the SE team did something excellent for a free game, so thank you guys.
    But please... improve the developer team if you can!
    Last edited by alfa666; 06-08-2013 at 07:34 PM.
    IGN: AA1 Alfa666
    Guildless amateur, for the moment being.