Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Extremely low framerate, intermittent freezes (HTC One X)

Hi!

I have this game on both my ASUS Transformer Infinity and my HTC One X, and while the Transformer plays the game acceptably (albeit with microfreezes and low framerate) my HTC One X really chugs on this game. With older versions, it ran fine even on my old Desire HD, which is significantly less powerful than the HTC One X, but the 2.000-> versions just run like ass on my devices. On PC I get a solid 60 FPS, but I'm curious whether any other Android users are seeing the same horrid performance on their devices or if it's just me.

Symptoms:

Game will often freeze when a card is played or the AI is "making decisions". Freeze lasts 1-2 seconds. Framerate is really choppy and seems closer to 10-15 FPS than 30 (I think it's capped at 30 on mobile devices. The PC version hits 60).

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Lol @ autolinked freeze-card xD

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I'm having similar issues on my Xperia Arc S, game sometimes runs choppy (I thought it was because the phone was overheating, and it does get warm during SE, but I play with the back cover removed (and rubber case too)). It also freezes sometimes, sometimes recovering in time and sometimes the only way off is to go to the home screen on the phone and reload but it starts the whole game again and I lost the match :l
    BP Inactive member | IGN: SafOne

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Have you guys tried going to settings > developer options and enabling the "force GPU rendering" so that it uses 2d hardware acceleration? I used to have consistent freezes in my galaxy s2 but since I've enabled that I haven't experienced a problem so far.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Bro you have a fuller version of the game we don't! All we can change is chat y/n, sound, reset hints, game speed

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The directions I'm giving is an option in most android phones not the shadowera game itself.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hahaha yea that should've been obvious, I just saw you're a mod and I took it as developer So I'll download http://developer.android.com/tools/index.html and give it a shot, tx!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    No need to do that. Just go to your phone's settings and look for developer settings and the "force GPU rendering".

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    K first I was delighted to read Android has an Easter Egg (dev options are hidden) and are unlocked by tapping Build Number in About Phone 7 times. Until I found it doesn't happen on mine! I've watched the vids online and read the blogs, they all show that after tap 3 you get a lighthearted pop-up, which doesn't appear on mine. My phone's trolling me!! I have Android 4.2.3 on Xperia Arc S. ?!?!?!?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I've read elsewhere that DEV options is available by default on Expedia arc s. Open settings and it should be there unless your network provider has hidden it.