Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

One Elementalis to rule them all?

First of all, let me say that I'm really pleased with the new cards. So many interesting tactics and possibilities.

However, I'm worried about the new strength of Elementalis. He was strong before the new cards also, but I wouldn't say he was anyway near as strong as he is now. Am I the only one who feels this way?

Here's a video of Elementalis VS Moonstalker. I wouldn't say Moonstalker played bad, or were terribly unlucky with his cards. You might say Elementalis were lucky, but when you think about it, and if you've played him for a while, I think you would agree that Elementalis were not that lucky after all. His possibilities are just better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIufIKZq2EE

Which hero do you prefer against Elementalis?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Elementalis isn't weak, but he isn't anywhere near the top. That Moonstalker played incredibly bad. Granted, this was probably do in part to not drawing any good cards because his deck was 100 cards, but there were some stupid choices. Capture Prey when there's a Super Focus out? Stealthing against a Wulven Predator? He wanted Now Your Mine and Rain Delay/Full Moon. May not have had those cards, but that's what he gets for playing 100 cards, including Extra Sharp and Pack Alpha.
    Congratulations to Preybird for designing my Avatar!

In Game Handle: Warr Byrd

Contributions to the Game:
    Flavor text for Wild Berserker: The odds are always in my favor
    PFG3: To Be Released Soon™

Tournament Wins: None, I'm Timmy Johnny not Spike!

Shout out to Gondorian, nerull7, Nikola D, plo, Preybird, Super Grover, and Zhou86 for submitting potential avatars!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Warr Byrd View Post
    Elementalis isn't weak, but he isn't anywhere near the top. That Moonstalker played incredibly bad. Granted, this was probably do in part to not drawing any good cards because his deck was 100 cards, but there were some stupid choices. Capture Prey when there's a Super Focus out? Stealthing against a Wulven Predator? He wanted Now Your Mine and Rain Delay/Full Moon. May not have had those cards, but that's what he gets for playing 100 cards, including Extra Sharp and Pack Alpha.
    Hmm.. yes, I agree, you're right.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    from my perspective the MS played bad , 100 cards in a deck lack consistency. also elementalis got better as well as other heroes but one darkwood wraith could have handled your superfocused ally. Most higher rating players tend to have answers for almost everything.
    i do suggest trying to keep your deck down to 40 + hero.

Anywhooo...welcome to the forums. i also suggest check the Helpful Links in my Signature =)
    "Try and try until you die...or succeed...whichever comes first"

Jo3yb0i - Knight of Dark and Light
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Drawing Power - A Brief Analysis of Draw Cards

My PM | <(^.^)> | Helpful Links | <(^.^)> | IRC | <(^.^)> | IRC + Game | <(^.^)> | SE DeckBuilder

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    How can you say Elementalis isn't strong now? The opposite is true. Elementalis was really weak in CotC with Retreat, Crippling Blow, Captured Prey and Lance hasted Ravens making her really difficult to play. Now you have tons of counters. Steadfast counters Retreat. Morphic Armor and Superfocus counters attachment disables.... Well Lance hasted Ravens will always be uncounterable. Elementalis is now not only QM worthy but tourney worthy too.

Edit: he now has a draw engine too to solve his draw problems
    IGN: A1 ShadowBeast

I'm interested in seeing how you plan to kill a shadow

MY COTC DECKS
    Nishaven Hybrid

MY DP DECKS
    FT Trollers #1 Baduruu Shutdown

Ter Stripper

Serena the Card Sharp

A1:Evolution in Theory