Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

vozitian orders anyone?

anyone ever tried building a rogue deck around vozitian orders?

this card MIGHT be of good use
    -it can create a loop between allies by returning a friendly ally-particularly those with "when you summon/enter the battlefield" abilities
    specifically:
    layarian seductress
    layarian diplomat
    lily rosecult
    priest of the light
    -protects allies who are on the verge of being killed or pacified by attachments like captured prey and crippling blow, or have negative effects like being set ablaze or frozen

any thoughts on this?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I have messed around with it, but it almost seems too gimmicky. Potl looping is fun though...pretty much infinite retreats for all your allies. The cool thing about it is that if you cast two allies on the same turn, you can bring the first one back on that very same turn. I kept an elementalis at 0-1 as for about 4 turns one game...pretty neat. But there isn't enough room to include the lance staples like raven, ankle breakers, etc...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I guess the question is, will you trigger it more than 3 times in a game? If not, you're probably better playing 3 Retreat!...
    FDL TV!

Channel | Thread | Twitter
    Deck Techs, Game Commentary, Replay Analysis and more!

FDL Tips: The Metagame, Balance and You || Empty Hands
    LL Decklists: Serena || Elementalis

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I have played with it too. The real problem in my mind is that you need huge resources (over 12) to be able to get the most of it plus be able to maintain a real board presence (Rogues rely on allies to deal the majority of their damage and keep the game under control). Huge resources means huge draw, and the only real way to power that currently is Bazaar, IGG not being enough. And Bazaar has a whole heap of problems as you're all aware.
    Extra Tough Claws - Proud Member of ETC

Articles | Decklist | Fan Fiction

Shadow Era Art Thread | PB @ DeviantArt

PFG Member | I've been interviewed!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Preybird View Post
    I have played with it too. The real problem in my mind is that you need huge resources (over 12) to be able to get the most of it plus be able to maintain a real board presence (Rogues rely on allies to deal the majority of their damage and keep the game under control). Huge resources means huge draw, and the only real way to power that currently is Bazaar, IGG not being enough. And Bazaar has a whole heap of problems as you're all aware.
    +1

At a minimum, you need six resources to get any use out of Vozitian Orders, and at least 12 to make the most of it. And unless your opponent keeps tossing you items to destroy with Stop, Thief while Ill-Gotten Gains is on the board, it's hard to get your resources that high and still actually have allies to play. Or you could build a really large deck, in which you probably won't draw Vozitian Orders at a time where it's useful, either getting it so early that it's more useful as a resource or so late that it does you no good whatsoever. If you watch my last few games (starting from DMYTRO13), you'll see me using it occasionally. Probably used it the most against RKNGL (lost that game because I couldn't believe someone was still running a Millstalker deck and sacced all the wrong cards at the beginning).
    Congratulations to Preybird for designing my Avatar!

In Game Handle: Warr Byrd

Contributions to the Game:
    Flavor text for Wild Berserker: The odds are always in my favor
    PFG3: To Be Released Soon™

Tournament Wins: None, I'm Timmy Johnny not Spike!

Shout out to Gondorian, nerull7, Nikola D, plo, Preybird, Super Grover, and Zhou86 for submitting potential avatars!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Either lots of resources or low cc allies, but either way its not going to work. If u are running potl, then maybe toss a couple in for healing gimmick. Aldon would last longer cuz really what u want from him is the +1damage. U could bounce him back after attacking with your on board allies. Multiple uses from LS, or lily. Things like that. No more than x2 though, cuz like I said, what are you going to make room for it with.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    It might also help draw fire away from your ankle breakers or igg....

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by shadam242 View Post
    I have messed around with it, but it almost seems too gimmicky. Potl looping is fun though...pretty much infinite retreats for all your allies. The cool thing about it is that if you cast two allies on the same turn, you can bring the first one back on that very same turn. I kept an elementalis at 0-1 as for about 4 turns one game...pretty neat. But there isn't enough room to include the lance staples like raven, ankle breakers, etc...
    That is a bug.
    http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....ozitian+orders

Please stop abusing this guys.
    IGN: BP Lentan

Sentry of the Searing Sun
    Warrior of the Blue Pheonix
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    A good card but not very good to build everything around it...
    Buried Treasure of Nanana
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix/ Greatness, Reborn
    My tournament achievements

Banned
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Index View Post
    A good card but not very good to build everything around it...
    Actually after playing around with it I'm starting to think its ONLY good if you build everything around it.

stack your deck with kris, potl, layerians (both), a couple lilly, and go nuts.

Other than that I can MAYBE see putting in ONE as a tech card for warriors. But rogues already have a pretty significant advantage against warriors, and that slow would probably go better to a spelleater.

But yeah for the most part its not a very good card.
    Last edited by JeetKuneDo; 04-26-2013 at 01:56 AM.