Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Lingering Essence

"Each time you target and destroy an attachment while Lingering Essence is attached to your hero, your hero gains 1 shadow energy and heals 3 damage."
    Is there any chance we can see this changed into something like this..?

"Each time you target and remove an attachment while Lingering Essence is attached to your hero, your hero gains 1 shadow energy and heals 3 damage."
    This would allow cards like Mystic of the Vale to combo with this card. Jericho could start to develop his own deck based around his ability, rather than be looked at as a bad version of Zhanna.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    If the Paladin buff thread gets put into action than I vote for this too.
    IGN: Master Savage
    - 1st Place in 7/26/13 BP Challenge Tournament #7
    - 1st Place in 6/13/12 Pop-Up Tournament.
    Un-official Tournament Organizer.
    Ranked 2nd in Minnesota for Yugioh.
    Warriors of the Blue Phoenix, Greatness Reborn.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Lingering Essence could definitely use some love. I think Jericho is probably the worst hero out there right now, but he's still the artwork flagship. They should buff this card imo, which would be a good start to make Jericho competitive.
    iClipse - A1's Twilight Manipulator - A1 : Evolution in Theory
    Part of PFG

• My psychiatrist told me I was crazy and I said I want a second opinion. He said okay, you're ugly too.

• Just remember...if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off.

• With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.

• I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not sure.

• A diplomat is someone who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you will look forward to the trip.

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Jericho will always predominantly be a tech hero due to the reactive nature of his ability. When the circumstances are right, he'll be a good meta call.

Lingering Essence was an attempt to give some kind of proactive option to Jericho players, since you can blow up your own attachments for some benefit. I think it's too early to say whether it'll work or not, but hopefully there will be some people who have fun trying.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    Lingering Essence was an attempt to give some kind of proactive option to Jericho players, since you can blow up your own attachments for some benefit. I think it's too early to say whether it'll work or not, but hopefully there will be some people who have fun trying.
    I think it will work, just not in this expansion. With the exception of Treasured Heirloom, it is almost always better to leave your own attachments alone than to destroy and replay them. If more attachments are released that have some type of effect when removed, then we might see some good proactive Jericho decks.
    Congratulations to Preybird for designing my Avatar!

In Game Handle: Warr Byrd

Contributions to the Game:
    Flavor text for Wild Berserker: The odds are always in my favor
    PFG3: To Be Released Soon™

Tournament Wins: None, I'm Timmy Johnny not Spike!

Shout out to Gondorian, nerull7, Nikola D, plo, Preybird, Super Grover, and Zhou86 for submitting potential avatars!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Warr Byrd View Post
    I think it will work, just not in this expansion. With the exception of Treasured Heirloom, it is almost always better to leave your own attachments alone than to destroy and replay them. If more attachments are released that have some type of effect when removed, then we might see some good proactive Jericho decks.
    +1!

How about attachments such as

- kill all allies when destroyed
    - deal 5 damage to all heroes when destroyed
    - destroy all items/support when destroyed
    - remove all cards in all graveyard from play when destroyed

in the next expansion? Please, please, please ...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    Jericho will always predominantly be a tech hero due to the reactive nature of his ability. When the circumstances are right, he'll be a good meta call.

Completely understand what you're saying. Just I've been testing him lately and its very difficult to get your ability off more than once a game. So LE doesn't seem to be worth the space. Unless you want to start playing Severed Ties.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Actually both Mystic of the Vale and Jerichos' abilities will activate LE's effect (it could be a bug according to description).

"Remove" count as "Destory" becoz the attactment would send to grave, this will activate the effect like TH, and LE too.
    but Mystic of the Vale's "Return to hand", can't count as "Destory", so TH will not be activated, but strangely, it still activate LE's.

http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....-possibilities