Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Beta 1.05 Feedback

As expected the mage damage ability is completely overwhelming as it is. Only the gargoyle and plasma behemoth can survive its ability.
    That actually makes portal a very substantial card.
    On the other hand the mages ability is very overpowered.
    The shadow mage we are using at this time duplicates an item card that can be repeatedly used.
    The enemy mage duplicates a very powerful one time card with the cost and damage tweaked a bit.
    I hope this imbalance is fixed somehow by limiting the heroes ability or introducing cards that reduce the damage of spells or something.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The AI is much improved however the opponent still committed suicide by casting supernova with only 4 or 5 health. Also the resource numbers are still hard to see, like they should be bigger and darker.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The AI in 1.05 is much better and is often reverting to it's on card ability like it should.

I tried decking myself and all that happened was the game continued with the cards I had in my hand- this is probably by design, but figured I would point it out.

The hero abilities are both really good. Pay 2 draw 1 is an amazing ability that I overuse myself and would rather have than the board clearer (given the presence of portal). Perhaps, like wowtcg, the abilities should be limited to once per game.

I had cast a 4 target spell, picked 2, and there was no real way to solidify the conclusion of the cast. Cancel worked to damage those targets, but it should not be the final way to cast. Perhaps a confirm button would be sufficient.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Great improvement on the AI its now starting to fight back.
    I also found a bug with the Freezer card I wanted to cast it but the cast button was gone. I had 5 resources left.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I have to say I'm not that impressed with the AI. Sure it now knows how to use its abilities and attack allies, but it doesn't use the ability effectively. After playing a couple games its obvious it programmed to use its power any time I have more allies then it does. That's an alright start, but my biggest issue is the AI never attacks before using its ability. This is the one change that I'm suggesting that I'm sure is easily implemented, make the AI attack before using its hero ability.

I understand that the AI will never be perfect, and shouldn't be because that wouldn't be fun for most people, but it still does moves that are stupid. The way it uses the supernova card tells me it doesn't take anything into consideration when it uses it, playing it when it has more allies or when there are no on the field when I still have a lot of health. It also will freeze an ally then proceed to kill that ally immediately. There is still plenty of time to improve the AI so it doesn't look stupid, so I'm sure it will improve as time goes on.

For now it was interesting to actually see the opponent use the hero power. The mage class has no problem dealing with the board blowing up every turn, but I am a little concerned with how the other classes will deal with this kind board control.I guess I'll just have to wait and see.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thanks for all the feedback! Obviously we are working to ensure that everyone's concerns are met, but keep the feedback coming to help create a better game.

Here's a repost from the beta notes sticky:

COMING SOON

- I'm sure you are getting pretty tired of the mages by now, so up next is the Priest class and the new card design!
    - Hero ability limitations, as using it every turn is too overpowered
    - The AI will continuously be improved with every release. It really helps if you can point out dumb AI moves, such as "in this situation, the AI did this when it should have done that"
    - Most likely we will be moving to a fixed 3d playing field instead of the background image, to solve some of the "I can't see the numbers" issues. It won't be like a boring table or play mat, but think how cool it would look if it seemed like you were actually laying down your cards in the jungle or on a battlefield
    - Music controls, more battle tunes that fade in and out
    - Deck management

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Sounds great! I can't wait for it.
    Take a look at my Shadow Era blog where I'll regularly post information, strategies, announcements, and even an interview or two!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    COMING SOON

- Most likely we will be moving to a fixed 3d playing field instead of the background image, to solve some of the "I can't see the numbers" issues. It won't be like a boring table or play mat, but think how cool it would look if it seemed like you were actually laying down your cards in the jungle or on a battlefield
    Hmm, interesting thought. I'll be very interested to see your vision of the background; I really like the current ones, they enhance the art of the cards beautifully. I'm still not certain why you couldn't solve the readability by overlaying the numbers on the face down cards... not that I'm doubting you, just curious.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    - Hero ability limitations, as using it every turn is too overpowered.
    Yes this is the most important thing at this point balance wise. Personally i would prefer something simple as a cooldown. Also the shadow mage draw card ability isn't that powerful i think because u can cast a library getting the same effect every turn.
    - Music controls, more battle tunes that fade in and out
    Yes please!! I am tired of muting my chrome from the sound settings cause i can't hear the tv tuner while playing

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Diamondius View Post
    Also the shadow mage draw card ability isn't that powerful i think because u can cast a library getting the same effect every turn.
    The Research card is also over-powered at its current cost, are you saying you don't think the ability to draw cards that cheaply every turn is overpowered? Because your logic seems to be that if the card is OK, then the hero ability with the same effect is OK. But in reality, the card is not OK as it is currently costed.

Having the same recurring ability in the hero's power meant you never had to draw a card and play it to get its effect and it couldn't be destroyed by ability removal meant it was just that much more powerful than Research.

If: Overpowered = Research
    and: Majiya > Research
    Then: Majiya > Overpowered

I'm glad her ability is being balanced, but now Research needs to be looked at in the same light.

Other games have card drawing at higher costs for a reason.