Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Possible Cheat + Possible Account Hack- anyone getting similar messages?

Just lost a game (although I expectd to lose it) vs.*****, wins the game without causing any damage- both in game and watching the replay.

Another issue I emailed support several days about was often getting an error ""your account has been logged in elsewhere". Its happened on PC and mobile phone on different connections, and sometimes mid game (and no I've not been using both phone and PC at the same time). Since changed my password, but am still getting this occasionally. No response from support so far- has anyone else been getting this? And is it a hack attempt or just more server problems?
    Last edited by Demnchi; 04-22-2013 at 09:09 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I have gotten this message once.

Americas Regional (Winter 2012) Champion Monomax's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Me to
    IGN : ETC MonoMax

ETC = Empathizing The Cards

To feel the game...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hi Fionn,

First off, I've hidden the name of someone you suspect to be cheating. If you suspect anyone of cheating, please send an email to support@shadowera.com with details instead of posting it on the forums. You may read why here.

As for the log in message. How are you closing the app on your phone? If you force close it without logging out first, its possible for that to cause problems and get this error. I'm surprised you haven't heard back from support yet, I would recommend sending them another message.
    Was the Leader of Acolytes of A1

A1's Dimensional Eyes in the Sky
    A1 Alliance: Evolution in Theory
    PFG3 Leader

Was Shadow Era Community Manager

Sota, The Switch Axe Monster Hunter

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."
    "Humans fight to secure peace as they envision it. The trouble is, everyone's vision is different." - Ringabel

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I suspect the 'logged-in elsewhere' to be a server problem. If you think otherwise, it might be a good idea to change your password to be more secure:
    A long string which includes some numbers, punctuation, and a mix of upper and lower case letters.

Here's an example: Say you are fond of the historic US president Abraham Lincoln's speech 'The Gettysburg Address' which begins "Four-score and seven years ago" you could coin "4#&seVenYe@rsAgo" and probably be safe from any dictionary-based attack....
    Least active member of: ETC (Ended There by Chance)
    Account for Gondorian to transfer Shadow Crystals to: m0ghedian

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Can you clarify the "logged in else-where"? Is it mid-game that you get this? OR just when opening the app?

Don't worry about the message if: You get it when you are opening up your app. I get it ALL the time on multiple devices, mainly because I suck at logging out on my android, and my android tends to "update" the app in the middle of the night and auto log me back in... Aka phone updates without me realizing it, 10 minutes later I log in on my computer and see the message... or vice versa (I tend to play right around the peak hours, like now, when the updates come out.) I wouldn't stress this too much unless it is actually impacting your game play. If you see weird stuff happening (I.E. cards/shadow crystals/gold disapearing) you should probably change your password.

Worry about your connection: If you are seeing this mid-game. It is something that might also go along with your "cheating" post. I tend to get this at work, (because I work in a lead lined building that sucks for phone connectivity). I have tested my connection there and lose connection alot. I will generally see this randomly, sometimes when playing offline mode. If playing online mode, you lose connectivity your opponent automatically wins.

Recommendation to Wulven: Make a way to rejoin games PLEASE! Would help all of us crappy connection peoples out =)

Hope these tips help you out.
    Aradiel

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I logged out properly, typically happened mid game often half an hour to an hour after logging in successfully. Sometimes on a connection I know is decent. +1 to allowing people to rejoin games, that would make a massive difference to a lot of people I think- I know I never play real games on my phone due to disconnection issues after 2PM (GMT+8) and even before then am kind of restricted to rush decks to reduce the number of auto losses.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I've gotten the "logged in elsewhere" message occasionally in the past. Not so much recently. I wondered if it might have something to do with simultaneously logging into forums, but that's pure speculation really (too few instances to judge anyway).

When I received it, nothing ever went bad afterward at least.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by snow_man View Post

Recommendation to Wulven: Make a way to rejoin games PLEASE! Would help all of us crappy connection peoples out =)
    +1. Not sure how easy this would be to implement but it would really help for most of the connection/app crashing problems out there. It doesn't make much sense when there is such a long delay before timing out but you can't rejoin anyway (frustrating where you can see the game you are supposed to be in and have to wait for it to time out). This is especially relevant as it's supposed to be on a mobile platform.