Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

What is Wulven's problem with Human allies?

Maybe it's me, and I don't mean to be whiny. It just seems that Wulven has said screw you to the generalized human allies. Ironhide is a 2 with 2 2 stats that says unless you hit me with a 3 or more I stay alive. The Wulven ally (usable by all shadows) is a 2 that says "doesn't matter how hard you hit me,I won't die." The 3 difficulties are not much better, death Mage is a 0 4 but his ability is Bree and does 2 damage without fear of a counter hit. Add to that the -1 damage to the gremlin or whatever it is with 2 4 stats and you have a turn three lineup that is excruciatingly difficult to kill unless you are a Mage, but that's another story. When you get to 4 difficulty you have a free plus one in Bella at summon, and a monster that draws at every combat damage. Wait for it, there is the 5 difficulty monsters too. One says freecycle me back each turn if you wait till you have to of me. Which means portal is a ko quick. Then there is a burn that deals damage twice every turn and almost enough to kill any human ally. The third says your screwed either way. Leave me, I kill you; kill me, I kill you. The bigger ones don't even get me started on those. The complete group swarms and locks the field when they hit play. Not even a character with free ally kills can keep up if their opponent starts with a draw engine. Compare these to the best of the human allies with their nifty abilities. At 2 star you get ambush, vanilla, and a few easy ko's unprotected allies. At 3 you get a +1 attack for all allies, a -1shadow energy with subpar health and an attack blocker with average stats. And a new ally that says if your opponent has more resources I get to use my ability which is only good if I go second. Then at four star you get an item recycle, not bad. You get a subpar stat draw ally who has to die to be any good and you get another only good if I go second ally. At five you have a stealth ally who dies to most Mage targets, and a behemoth of -2 damage that has only 2attack. Staying power, sure; but to weak to matter. I guess I understand the mindset, but lets be honest the abilities of shadow allies as a general group tell the humans that they stink, knowing full well it's the truth. Sorry for the typos, I hate correcting typos on an IPad. Now this is not a comprehensive list of allies, just general examples to prove the point that that ally abilities matter. For that matter the best allies are shadow allies.

League Season 3 Undisputed Champion chanson311's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    plus then you get the one with haste and then there is the one with protector and then there is the one where you use the ability to give other allies a buff and then there is the one that gives you cards when it dies and then there is the one that reduces the attack of the other ones and then there is the one that does that other thing and some other ones too.... what the hell did I just read?
    TJ "Old-Timer"

TEAM JUGGERNAUTS

Fan of Doctor Who

Bands I like:
    Coheed and Cambria
    Pink Floyd
    Muse
    MGMT
    Electric Light Orchestra
    And many more!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Human have best 3cc allies, shadow - stronger 5cc allies, that's pretty much their design philosophy.

And actually as a result human allies are stronger simply because they're cheaper and Aeon + Earthen Protector provides board lock, how could you potentially compare that to shadow allies?
    Scrupulous Ash Collector of the Blue Phoenix.
    Warriors of the Blue Phoenix

Greatness, Reborn

Shadow Era Network - Shadow Era community hub.

Quote Originally Posted by BDK16 View Post
    You're the best Unruler!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Bhleg View Post
    No one know FS better than you, our King of FS.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Basically, this is how it goes:

Shadow: Big bad evil force, intimidate through power, yadda yadda.

Human: Strength in numbers, work together to overcome, cooperate, all that jazz.

If you think one is better than the other, make the switch. Lol
    Acolytes of A1
    "Students Today, Masters Tomorrow"
    IGN: AA1 Scrooge

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Haste is great for its 1 damage first turn, how many allies have 1 health? Protector is great, but the only two with it have problems. One has subpar hp making it an easy and cheap target. The second one is slow to play meaning, your opponent has the tools to solve the problem long before it shows up. There is nothing in between. As far as the buff goes, well that is a simple fix. If you kill the buff first the others are no problem. Name a shadow deck that has no viable option to drop an aldon round three consistently, by round five even better. There is a 2 with 2 Attack and 2 health that suicides aldon and is on field a turn earlier. You cannot kill several of the shadow allies I mentioned short of an ability card before round four in combat consistently. It's my opinion, I label it such.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I play human.
    iClipse - A1's Twilight Manipulator - A1 : Evolution in Theory
    Part of PFG

• My psychiatrist told me I was crazy and I said I want a second opinion. He said okay, you're ugly too.

• Just remember...if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off.

• With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.

• I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not sure.

• A diplomat is someone who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you will look forward to the trip.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    It's pretty much all I play and I do ok with it and I like it. I am just saying, I think in the ally department humans got the short end of the stick aside from not being ugly monsters.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    oh look at that grass over there! It's so green.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by lentan View Post
    oh look at that grass over there! It's so green.
    Saw this quote which can be applied anywhere:

The grass is ALWAYS greener at the side you cultivate, water and care for.
    Psalm 91:7 A thousand may fall at your side, ten thousand at your right hand, but it will not come near you.

Zhou - Servant of the Eternal Saviour
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn.

IGN | BP Zhou | Information on my Guild | Group | SE Players of Malaysia | Tournaments | BP Popup #37

BP Hispanic | Link a la rama hispana de BP
    SE Achievements | Full List
    Articles/Guides | FAQs for New Players and Forum Goers

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    In a prefect world , human get early game board control on the first turns 90% of the time . That's why most rush decks are human .

Plus , Retreat used to be a real pain in the ass for Shadow .
    It's always good to go back to your previous achievement and realize how mediocre it was , because it means that you have improved a lot since that time