Close

Page 3 of 43 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    @Kratylus
    Permanant is a possibility, but it would definitely need to be -1 in that case. Also, the risk would be there of this being too strong against mages, which are not the primary card type that needs a counter. My suggestion was designed to force a slight tempo loss against mages and FT if you want to keep benefitting each turn. Maybe this is a good case to make the shield ability cost 1cc if it sheilds -1. A case could also be made for a more expensive active that shields fire damage more heavily.
    A1 roustabout ~ A1's Slinking Ne'er-do-well
    A1: Evolution in Theory | www.a1-alliance.org
    I will show you fear in a handful of dust

Proleptic member of PFG3

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Raphael Majere View Post
    well, at least these discussions are taking place.

At least the physical cards are not printed yet and changes are still possible.
    Raph, would love to hear your opinions.

Proleptic member of PFG3

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    By the way I just got massacred by KA M Oscar running Legion United, that's just to say that Furrion Terror is far from being uncounterable also for Humans. And I keep thinking he's the main reason why rogues still have room in the current meta.

1.27 Tournament Champion Raphael Majere's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by roustabout View Post
    Raph, would love to hear your opinions.
    Lol, I appreciate the invite but there are some topics I would refrain from commenting and this happens to be one of them. (Another example would be the alt hero art)

It's a great topic of course and its good to read everyone's comments but as u can see, there is a lot of heat.

There is no 'right' answer. Besides, with all due respect to everyone, I like to do things that will create a positive impact at the end. We can argue till the cows go home and nothing might be changed.
    Last edited by Raphael Majere; 04-19-2013 at 03:44 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Humans already have a counter to this, they just don't want to use it, since it isn't as effective in other match-ups. A turn 3 or 4 Good Ascendant will completely nullify the combo you state. The issue is most human players are too greedy and want that killer start with their strong 3cc allies(I know cause I play humans and these early rush strats are really effective).

Shadow should have a way of regaining board control and Furion is a pretty fair way to help them do that. He isn't a strong card after his summon ability so he's easy enough to deal with after. Really human players shouldn't complain about allies, they have the strongest early game and late game. No need to make them even stronger.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Punisher88888 View Post
    Humans already have a counter to this, they just don't want to use it, since it isn't as effective in other match-ups. A turn 3 or 4 Good Ascendant will completely nullify the combo you state. The issue is most human players are too greedy and want that killer start with their strong 3cc allies(I know cause I play humans and these early rush strats are really effective).

So you play your T3 GA instead while your opponent drops a 3CC ally. You are right, FT will be completely ineffective because the shadow hero would just have cleared your board with his own allies already and so has no incentive to play FT.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by pyrogene View Post

So you play your T3 GA instead while your opponent drops a 3CC ally. You are right, FT will be completely ineffective because the shadow hero would just have cleared your board with his own allies already and so has no incentive to play FT.
    Thanks for saving me the trouble, pyro.

Proleptic member of PFG3

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    He does raise a valid point that most human counters are really awkward. Btw, ever thought of our good old friend Sandworms?
    IGN: A1 ShadowBeast

I'm interested in seeing how you plan to kill a shadow

MY COTC DECKS
    Nishaven Hybrid

MY DP DECKS
    FT Trollers #1 Baduruu Shutdown

Ter Stripper

Serena the Card Sharp

A1:Evolution in Theory

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I think more play testing is needed before we can say something needs a counter or nerf.
    SHADOW ERA, ETC
    Enjoy Trading Card-games

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Human previously were abusing of Retreat, protectors, high health/almost unkillable fatties; and for a strange reason they won last WC and 3 out of 3 regionals, only sealed went to Majiya thanks to Busti. Furrion Terror helps vs these factors, is it so bad?