Close

Page 37 of 43 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    You said that my argument has no evidence.

My argument was, that a change to the game has been made because of a discussion thread.

This thread is in no way unanimous in its decision. Like I said, a CHANGE to the game was made because of a thread with 350 comments. That's nothing. I also said that there was no petition signed or any kind of poll. Are there even 100 different players that wanted the change? So what justified the change is what I'm asking? It definitely wasn't a unanimous vote that's for sure and I'm pretty sure the DT isn't thinking "omg how did we miss the brokenness of FT". What's happening here is the DT is giving in to what certain players are pushing for... and not leaving it up to...

1. An investigation on if FT is indeed broken.
    2. Letting the entire player base have a say.

If you really want to claim that this change is fair, put it to a vote. A real poll. Majority wins

@Jeet as for you, all you've done is bandwagon other players. You haven't gave a unique thought/comment yet.
    Last edited by Master_Savage; 04-29-2013 at 05:09 AM.
    IGN: Master Savage
    - 1st Place in 7/26/13 BP Challenge Tournament #7
    - 1st Place in 6/13/12 Pop-Up Tournament.
    Un-official Tournament Organizer.
    Ranked 2nd in Minnesota for Yugioh.
    Warriors of the Blue Phoenix, Greatness Reborn.

CotC Sealed Deck Champion busti's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    @ Human vs shadow, you guys missed the note on karash; this guy put shadow's early game on top of human's one.
    puwen aldon kills karash
    karash DMT kills puwen

any other scenario, shadow wins.

@ Paladin killing mages: In what word will paladin be an auto include in any human deck? It's arguable that he will ever be barely seen, it will be a meta call at best. But we now have the possibility to soft counter a card that may have caused a lot of problems (and still may, TBH).
    A1 alliance - Evolution in theory

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Well the Paladin counters more than just FT.

*I'm just too lazy to make a list *
    It's always good to go back to your previous achievement and realize how mediocre it was , because it means that you have improved a lot since that time

CotC Sealed Deck Champion busti's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by whoisSAVAGE View Post
    You said that my argument has no evidence.

My argument was, that a change to the game has been made because of a discussion thread.
    The DT is able to think by themself, and I can tell you by pfg experience that they don't listen to the loudest, and do think the problem by themself, which you sometime agree to and sometime not. But saying that they changed the card only because we made a thread is false. All it did was bringing the concern to their eyes.
    A1 alliance - Evolution in theory

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by busti View Post
    The DT is able to think by themself, and I can tell you by pfg experience that they don't listen to the loudest, and do think the problem by themself, which you sometime agree to and sometime not. But saying that they changed the card only because we made a thread is false.
    Doesn't look that way to me.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by whoisSAVAGE View Post
    What's happening here is the DT is giving in to what certain players are pushing for... and not leaving it up to...

1. An investigation on if FT is indeed broken.
    2. Letting the entire player base have a say.

If you really want to claim that this change is fair, put it to a vote. A real poll. Majority wins.
    I really don't think you should assume that the DT hasn't made an investigation. They have an interest in keeping the cards they created as they are. This thread, at best, started an investigation that needed to be made. I think with the proposed changes you can infer what the results of that investigation wee.

Call me anti-democratic, but I really don't think you want the majority of consumers of any product dictating how that product is made. That is because the majority of consumers are able to consume a product and evaluate their experience of that consumption. They don't know what makes that experience good or better or worse. A good analogy would be a master chef preparing a meal. You don't want the patron telling the chef how much spice to put in recipe. Democracy has its place and its limits. In the case of Shadow Era, you vote with your time and your purchase of SC.
    A1 roustabout ~ A1's Slinking Ne'er-do-well
    A1: Evolution in Theory | www.a1-alliance.org
    I will show you fear in a handful of dust

Proleptic member of PFG3

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by roustabout View Post
    I really don't think you should assume that the DT hasn't made an investigation. They have an interest in keeping the cards they created as they are. This thread, at best, started an investigation that needed to be made. I think with the proposed changes you can infer what the results of that investigation wee.

Call me anti-democratic, but I really don't think you want the majority of consumers of any product dictating how that product is made. That is because the majority of consumers are able to consume a product and evaluate their experience of that consumption. They don't know what makes that experience good or better or worse. A good analogy would be a master chef preparing a meal. You don't want the patron telling the chef how much spice to put in recipe. Democracy has its place and its limits. In the case of Shadow Era, you vote with your time and your purchase of SC.
    Maybe I am jumping the gun assuming there was not an investigation, it just seems to soon to make a real decision. I said we should vote because TO ME the DT is giving in to the player base anyways... So why not give in to the entire player base instead of a select few.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    That being said, I'm gonna remove myself from this discussion. The cards been changed so no point in crying over spilt milk. I think I've made valid points but it's probably not worth the hate I'm getting.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Give some credit to the DT. They've done well (with PFG help of course) balancing the first set as well as this set. Don't take what Busti said as just his opinion. I'll back him up on that and would say more if not for the NDA of the PFG.

Putting any game decision to a poll vote is actually worse in my opinion as it will just push everything to what the majority wants and not necessarily to what is best for the game. There have been several threads with several people saying this or that card is OP and you'll see that DT hasn't actioned on every single one of those threads and the changes that were implemented were not necessarily what people have been shouting for but did address some concerns that were brought up. I believe they have statistics that they can rely on to give them a better view of the entire playerbase than what the normal forum goer has access to. The voice of the entire forum would probably not even be close to half the entire playerbase anyway.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by iClipse View Post
    Right, so because Shadow era takes the stance that it has always taken, the stance that made the game good, the stance that made the game popular, it's going in a bad direction? Really? With opinions like these we would all still be playing version 1.28. You know, the version with 3 heroes that could be played, and the other 17 completely and utterly unviable?

Also, having a single counter to something does NOT mean that card is suddenly invaluable? I mean, I don't go screaming around the forum "OMG, DMT IS SO UNVIABLE! Infernal gargoyle reduces the ping effect to zero! Omg, nerf Infernal gargoyle again!".

You're the one that said that WE were afraid of change, but when something gets actually changed? Who's the one sounding afraid? Well, it isn't me.
    FT is now in the same category as Bella and Ericka (and perhaps others) at 3 health it's not worth it to play if it's easily countered. Which is what you wanted... so you got your way and in the same breath you are trying to say nothing will really change? (And DMT's health was on par with other 3cc.)

And where is shadow's counter to FT? (or haste)

And it's funny... FT brought in a change, and you and others argued against the change... and so the game changes to your point of view... and you claim that you are not afraid of change... ie: Game changes, I don't like the change, I want a different change, I get my different change, I support changes...

Anyway, like others that lost the battle... there is no real point in continuing... till the next nerf thread, have fun playing!
    Last edited by Helio; 04-29-2013 at 06:05 AM.
    SHADOW ERA, ETC
    Enjoy Trading Card-games