Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Thick Hide

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Thick Hide

What is the point of this card? Is the wording just poorly written or is it useless? "While thick hide is attached to your hero, ability damage dealt to your hero on YOUR turn is reduced to 0." What ability damage is going to occur to your hero on your turn other than maybe "Aura of Retribution" I'm not sure if that would even count but I guess what I'm asking is dies this card prevent ability damage or just ability damage on your own turn?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Currently there is:

Poisoned
    Ablaze
    Molten Destroyer
    Deathbone
    Flesh Infusion
    Blood Frenzy
    Supernova
    Shadow Armor

There might be another one I'm forgetting. Its not really the most universally useful card, but it could have a lot of potential later on after more and more cards come out.
    Was the Leader of Acolytes of A1

A1's Dimensional Eyes in the Sky
    A1 Alliance: Evolution in Theory
    PFG3 Leader

Was Shadow Era Community Manager

Sota, The Switch Axe Monster Hunter

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."
    "Humans fight to secure peace as they envision it. The trouble is, everyone's vision is different." - Ringabel

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    What about damage from decking out? Does that count, or is that a question for Mojumbo?
    Extra Tough Claws - Proud Member of ETC

Articles | Decklist | Fan Fiction

Shadow Era Art Thread | PB @ DeviantArt

PFG Member | I've been interviewed!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Preybird View Post
    What about damage from decking out? Does that count, or is that a question for Mojumbo?
    http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....de+mill+damage

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Thumbs down

[QUOTE]Currently there is:

Poisoned
    Ablaze
    Molten Destroyer
    Deathbone
    Flesh Infusion
    Blood Frenzy
    Supernova
    Shadow Armor

There might be another one I'm forgetting. Its not really the most universally useful card, but it could have a lot of potential later on after more and more cards come out./QUOTE]

All the significant cards listed besides the allies (which only do 1 or 2 ability damage) aren't cards you can use in the same deck as THICK HIDE … Therefor the most damage this card could prevent would be a turn in which you both damaged MD and killed a DB w FI attached, with your hero, while wearing shadow armor and being poisoned and ablaze… the probability would be better to win the lottery but say that happened, you would save yourself 10 damage. Thats the absolute most unless its 2 GB, both w FI's = 12 damage. So if ur ever in a tournament against a shadow mage with GB and FI and you are using a Wolf, maybe add 1 or 2 just in case this exact situation arises… can't imagine any Majiya/gravebone deck having the poison/blaze and GB w FI and it being worth taking up deck room in my MS or DC decks. realistically i could only see this card saving you from 2 damage against a solo Nish, or 2 vs GB w some DB's in the deck.

Revision- As I was writing this I realized that there was no way this card was a single turn ability and had to be an attachment meaning it could save you from the ping damage you get when using Evil Ascendant and you're facing a couple of MD's or have been blazed or poisoned. I know it won't stop deck-out damage. So I still don't see anyone using this except for maybe a millstalker or solo dark claw IF the meta was a butt-load of Nishes or MD and DB became more commonly used. So this card just goes with the theme of DP dishing out one very useless card per class along with many great ones.

In conclusion: this card is so situational that if you can credit it for one win, buy a lottery ticket. Possibly more helpful in meltdown.
    Last edited by Dashbdash; 05-24-2013 at 06:35 PM.
    IGN: Dashbdash2

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    There's still a problem with this card: Regenation heals the same or more, but you can use it also without these effects.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The card's just terrible, there's no way to go with this.

Ok, what would this card do in the future? Not that much unless there's a card that allows you to damage your hero to be able to gain attack power/put guys into play for no cost/something else that's actually relevant. Would Wulven make that kind of card? I'd say no because it would provide a pretty decent aggro tool, which is apparently something people don't like. It's either that or it's like 6cc and thus completely useless (take a look at Shadow Armor, that thing costs way too much).

Well, I hope I'm positively surprised.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Demnchi View Post
    Currently there is:

Poisoned
    Ablaze
    Molten Destroyer
    Deathbone
    Flesh Infusion
    Blood Frenzy
    Supernova
    Shadow Armor

There might be another one I'm forgetting. Its not really the most universally useful card, but it could have a lot of potential later on after more and more cards come out.
    Also a Dimension Ripped Nova Infusion.
    This card, I think is either very bad design from Wulven, or is just a filler card so that each class would have 10 cards in DP.
    And why would a Thick Hide protect the wolf from ability damge only? Why would combat damage go through the hide but ability damage doesnt???
    How about: "On your turn, all damage to your hero is reduced by 2." That way, it has synergy with WBT and Speedstrike: your hero can be more combat active without losing weapon durability and health?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Are you trolling? Most MS decks are ally based, and many MS decks that I encountered are powerful and solid.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    IMO, the funny thing is that Thick Hide is not even the most useless, situational card that Wulven got in DP. Surely that dubious distinction has to go to Blinding Storm. My favorite part about it is, in essence its effect takes place on one of your opponents' turns and two of your turns (whereas it's so situational that they probably could have given it a lower casting cost and made it a card that would permanently stay in play, and no one would use it then either). ...At least that's what the phrasing leads me to believe. I've seen no reason to put it in a deck, believe it or not.
    Last edited by DukeDemonKn1ght; 05-27-2013 at 02:52 AM.