Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Lance DP, need help tweaking!

Hey there, my name is Lostc4use im fairly new to shadow era (I have many years of exp in card games, from Magic the Gathering tho). As soon as I reached lvl 10, BAM whole new 150 cards in store, and now im lost xD

Here's my deck atm, (sitting on 213 rating, dunno if it is good or bad).

1x Lance
    3x Nightshade - I just love these guys.
    3x Agent Rex - The stealth is great but Im tempted to put 1 more Nightshade and reduce these to 2 only. (I never needed Rex's ability so far.)
    3x Jasmine - Dat a...! No seriously the CC is great.
    3x Aldor - Great booster and a great decoy, (people focus him while him ploting something super evil)
    3x Night Owl - Usefull when in second. But not sure.
    3x Lyra - I like it mostly for the fear effect of using shadow energy, its really annoying.
    3x Raven - Raven + Lance ability = profit.
    3x Aeon - Sitting behind these while empowering others is great!
    1x Karlstrad - Saw this one in store for 4.2k, insta buy, overall a great card, got one with 13 attack in a recent game, also it goes well with Lance ability too, for extra coolness and pew pew!
    Total of Creatures = 25

3x Assassination - It sure does what it says! A must.
    3x Procured and Restored - This one im not sure, it is fun to steal a bad pup his own Big Teeth and kill him with it, I won a game because of this once, but im not sure. (I used to have 3x Retreat instead of these, but I never found myself using Retreat or wishing for it to draw)
    4x Stop Thief - No need to talk about this. A must have.
    4x Goten Gains - Same as above. Great draw system.
    4x Anklebreaker - More CC, but 4 might be too much, dunno.
    2x Spelleater - Some magic protection, it wont hurt to have 2 of these.
    Total of Spells = 20

Total Cards in Deck = 46

Feel free to criticize as much as you like, as I said im a newbie so its ok xD
    Also can someone point me out a site with deck guides etc.. (if there is one)?

Ps: The game is great it should be more advertised!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hey Lostc4use! Glad you are enjoying the game so far
    You are really lucky to start playing a little before the expansion hit. Some older players waited for a quite a while

No major improvements are needed for your deck as Lance is one of the best heroes already. It's nice that you already spotted your key cards like IGG and Stop Thief. Even with the IGG draw, Lance is a bit slow to build up his hand and you will find yourself many times skipping sacrifice so you can have enough cards in hand. Every card matters with Lance-especially you turn draw. If it's possible try to stick to the deck minimum (40 cards) for maximum consistency in your draws. Imo this is a must for Lance decks.
    As for the card discussion, I haven't found Agent Rex that useful, 4x Nightshade is a must and try to use 2x Champion of Irum (great 2cc ally).
    Procured and Restored is another win-more card imo. You don't need your opponents equipment (you only have to destroy them) and your 4x AB is enough. Spelleater is a good tech versus Mages and Zaladar (drop it if you don't meet them as often in QM).
    And a final recommendation, try using Rider of Ellios as a 4cc ally, I think it can shine with Lance.

Hope I helped, see ya around
    IGN|theLittleGnome

Rising Sun | join now!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hi there! Glad you found this little gem of a game like we all did

I'm going to offer standard advice, since I play rogue but I'm using the other counterpart (Serena)
    Try your best to keep your deck down to 40 cards. This might not make sense, but if you consider that if you have a smaller deck size you'll find it easier to draw what you want often.

I agree with TheLittleGnome, I have heard of Rider of Ellios doing wonders for Lance as well, you might want to give it a go.

That's all for me now, all the best in the future!
    Proud member of Acolytes of A1 Alliance!
    IGN: AA1 Arithtinir
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny
    (")_(") to help him gain world domination.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Great! Thanks for the quick replies!

Little Gnome,
    I tottaly agree, ill definitely remove Agent Rex and throw in the fourth Nightshade, and ill be adding 2x Champion of Irum too, (I find 2cc allies really important on Lance)
    I think ill drop Procured and Restored too, fun but not rly necessary.

As for the the 40 card issue that you and Arithtinir said, I know that from magic the gathering, smaller deck = more chance to get what you really want/need, but 46 isnt that much, and ill reduce it to 43, I believe its pretty acceptable.
    About the Rider of Ellios, Ill need to remove Lyra then? I kinda like Lyra, but ill test the riders

Thanks again both!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I'd just remove the night owls and Rex, I like P&R but that's just me...
    Also run atleast 2 karlstrad if possible or take him out.. I'd add in some treasured heirloom or Champion of Irum if possible

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    i'd replace the 3 night shades with 3 Layarian Diplomat his ability comes in handy when dealing with enemy allies who have abilities to hide even works against Lance and Moonstalker's special.(if u use his ability on tainted oracle and kill them they do not draw the 2 cards lol oh and sandwurm gets owned too) Pretty much all rogue allies are not that great. I find Braxnorian Soldier a beast with lances ability cause when turn 5 comes around most of the allies on board have less than 3 health so they can't hit you any ways. lol. if there is anyone on board with more than 3 health just hit them and next round you can start killing them one by one and also place Aeon on the 6th round and he's boss status. =) just gotta be careful vs. ppl who have 1 shot 1 kill weaps or even mages hurt. you might wanna try using Volarian Orders also very useful if your allies are frozen/low on health/poisoned. i like night owl but if you go behind someone who throws a mage down turn 3 he will insta-die lol. Procured and Restored is a fun card to have but just takes up too much time trying to pick items out the grave lol. just figured i'd share my oppinion. good luck with the deck. =)

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Wymer the Lionheart should b nice with lance ability and y i dont c any1 gets recognassiance?