Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Lightbulb Trislyn's Zhanna Mist: Victorious Through Attrition

Hello,

For those that don't know me, I'm Trislyn, just a random clanless player who peaked around 290 before decay. Now that I am back I am enjoying the game again after moving for my new work. So after taking around and starting anew, I've decided to go with Zhanna, an old favorite of mine and try to make her work in the new expansion. I appreciate all comments, questions, and criticism as I do plan to improve this deck as time goes. If by god you decide to use this deck of mine, please feel free to use and edit all you want, I'd be honored.

Now for the deck list and reasons behind the cards:

Hero:
    Zhanna Mist

Creatures:
    4x Jasmine Rosecult
    4x Armored Sandworm
    4x Tainted Oracle
    2x Aeon Stormcaller
    2x Elizabeth Winterborn

Spells:
    3x Healing Touch
    3x Tidal Wave
    4x Focused Prayer
    1x Mass Purification
    3x Banish
    1x Book of Curses

Weapons/Armor:
    3x The King's Pride
    3x Wizent's Staff
    2x Ghostmaker

So the design of the deck isn't a rush deck, but rather a deck that wins through attrition and resilience. Jasmine and Armored Sandworm are great defensive allies that offer a decent punch in offense. Oracle is a great draw engine, can be reused with ghostmaker. Elizabeth is a more semi-consistent card draw engine that doesn't require resources. Aeon is there to protect your allies from attachments and other spells. A well timed Aeon will save you everything short to a board wipe.

The spells are straight forward, a classic suit of removal provided by banish/tidal wave to help stabilize the field, especially if you go second. Tidal wave can be slightly tricky, because you want to get the most out of it without sacrificing too much life. Mass purification is a great card against werewolves and warriors if you come against them. A full set of focused prayer, because the card is hella-strong against pretty much everything. One book of curses, great card to mitigate damage if needed from rush decks.

The items and weapons make and break this deck. The King's Pride is your main win condition, drop it and keep it there and all your creatures such as oracles and even elizabeth will be a force to be reckoned with. Wizent's staff is used to draw, although it is best not to crutch on it too much since you have to heal. Ghostmaker is a great card that can bring back key allies such as but not limited to everyone in your deck (lol).

Edited:
    Last edited by Trislyn; 04-19-2013 at 04:31 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    If you find yourself not using a legend rises much, you could get rid of your 1x sever ties and get the 5cc destroy all attachments card. This would be great against matchups like warrior, where you get rid of their draw engine, plus any cripplign blows that have been played on ur allies. Great surprise.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by bjjmat View Post
    If you find yourself not using a legend rises much, you could get rid of your 1x sever ties and get the 5cc destroy all attachments card. This would be great against matchups like warrior, where you get rid of their draw engine, plus any cripplign blows that have been played on ur allies. Great surprise.
    I think this is a great idea. I was mulling over the concept of that, but originally I had more attachments so I strayed from it. Definitely will work it into this deck.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Too few allies for an ally-based hero.. If you exclude elizabeth you only have 10 allies. And tainted oracle isn't very strong an ally either.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I haven't really had too much trouble with the number allies, but I did update it a bit. Thanks for your imput! But I will still say though,
    oracle is quite a strong ally if you land a kings pride, which is the main win condition of this deck aforementioned.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by lentan View Post
    Too few allies for an ally-based hero.. If you exclude elizabeth you only have 10 allies. And tainted oracle isn't very strong an ally either.
    Gotta disagree. Zhanna can get by with fewer allies than other ally based heroes, esp. with ghostmaker in there.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Jets pretty much hit what I had in mind right on the dot. You can keep your allies alive through heals and careful management. Ghostmaker is also a very powerful tool I put in here to revive key players in my deck. Honestly I feel that if you play Zhanna right 10-14 main creatures is more than enough. You need to avoid throwing allies as shields that just die next turn, which I see some people fail at anticipating.

I removed a few things and made room for Jasmine, because she's just too good and a value town card. But having too many creatures will make you vulnerable as a hero that doesn't have a way to answer a certain type of threat. (she can't deal with creatures, attachments, etc etc by herself unlike some other heroes can with their ability)
    Last edited by Trislyn; 04-19-2013 at 01:36 PM.