Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

2.0 Banebow - "Big Game Hunter"

Well, DP has gone live, and everyone is clamouring to get decks built and working. Here is my Banebow that I've been using since Test, and it's netted me good results.

Banebow

4 x Twisted Familiar
    4 x Infernal Gargoyle
    4 x Death Mage Thaddeus
    3 x Wulven Savage
    2 x Molten Destroyer
    2 x Kairos Doombringer

3 x Poison Arrow
    3 x A Perfect Shot
    2 x Shriek of Vengeance
    2 x Ley Line Nexus

4 x Wrath of the Forest
    2 x Bad Santa

4 x Soul Seeker

More Tricks

Well, it's true that Banebow has a lot more tricks at his disposal, however the only one that is really worth mentioning here is A Perfect Shot. This is the card that Banebow has been crying for for over a year. Finally fat allies aren't the death knell for the Banebow player. Had considered Rolling Boulders, but really I want that fatty dead not delayed.

Now I hear you crying out "SNARE TRAP you miserable fool!" Well, I hear you and here is my reply. Banebow doesn't need it like many other hunters. His early game is strong enough to deal with most anything that comes his way, and you should be using that time to get some allies and your draw engine on the board, not delaying with Snare Trap.

Ally Mix

Okay, there are a number of reasons I've chosen what I have. Obviously Gargoyle and DMT are staples, but Twisted Familiar is a bit of an odd choice. Most people are loving Karash and rightly so. However in a Banebow deck with his insanely strong early game Familiar works well and usually survives until turn 4. Still, you're probably all wondering why I've chosen him. One big reason is his ability, it allows resource acceleration and can give Banebow the chance to really lock the board down early. (2 Gargoyles on turn 4 anyone?). It's also beautiful when you need to use those Poison Arrows, allowing you access to all your resources, plus the arrow. On top of that it works like a mini Sac Lamb in conjunction with Wrath of the Forest. The little synergies are everywhere with that ugly little guy, and make him a solid inclusion in a Banebow deck.

Wulven Savage is another interesting choice, and this one is due to an idea of Busti's (cheers mate!) which I found out about. Wulven Savage is vulnerable to burn (very vulnerable), but immune to combat. Banebow's strengths are against burn heroes (Mages, Zal), and his weaknesses are traditionally combat heroes (Rogues, Warriors, sometimes Wulven). Savage is like the sealant, plugging the holes in Banebow's game to boost his weak matchups. It's also a form of weapon destruction.

Molten Destroyer is a Banebow staple, and has been for a long time. Kairos is his new buddy, and as always is a huge presence on the board. Kairos left unattended can also help with your fatty woes.

Draw Engines

On one hand you have the aggressive nature of Pride of the Mountain, on the other, the defensive comeback classic Wrath of the Forest. I will say one thing however, without Wrath, Banebow SUCKS AGAINST MAGES. It is the one card that keeps him in the game and keeps him dropping threats, and for that reason alone I chose the old classic. Pride is a real win-more card, and Banebow doesn't really like to win-more. He likes to keep in step with his opponent, slowly ticking away at his life total until he's developed enough card advantage (through Wrath and the attrition war) to make the power plays. Pride isn't really conducive to this strategy, whereas Wrath is.

Bad Santa is another interesting choice, most people choose Sac Lamb (especially with Wrath). Well, I personally like that unconditional shot of card adrenaline, allowing me to fish for A Perfect Shot and/or Soul Seekers without having to rely on having an ally on the board. However if you are firmly in the Sac Lamb camp you can swap them out with no issues.

Conclusion

Anyway, that's my Banebow. Suggestions/complaints/hate/death threats all welcome. I need the attention.

(Wow, great conclusion there.)
    Extra Tough Claws - Proud Member of ETC

Articles | Decklist | Fan Fiction

Shadow Era Art Thread | PB @ DeviantArt

PFG Member | I've been interviewed!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Good article, Preybird! When DP first hit TS, I also used Twisted Familiar in my Banebow build for his ability. But the Karash craze came so I jumped on the bandwagon.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Really interesting choices of allies and all I can say is that twisted familiar OMG soooo right

Just wondering why there are no SK it helps a lot with draw and loops
    "Try and try until you die...or succeed...whichever comes first"

Jo3yb0i - Knight of Dark and Light
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Drawing Power - A Brief Analysis of Draw Cards

My PM | <(^.^)> | Helpful Links | <(^.^)> | IRC | <(^.^)> | IRC + Game | <(^.^)> | SE DeckBuilder

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Jo3yb0i View Post
    Really interesting choices of allies and all I can say is that twisted familiar OMG soooo right

Just wondering why there are no SK it helps a lot with draw and loops
    Well, I haven't had any issues as of yet with a lack of allies, however you could swap Kairos or Molten out for Knights if you want that power. Don't remove both, you need a high health ally.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Nice deck, like the idea for Savage. Not too hot on Twisted Familiar. With Ironhide, BB can take out a 4HP ally going second but not with TF (or even a 5hp with DMT).

I also think Morbid Acolyte is superior to DMT/Garg. MA just has insane utility ranging from removing ally stealth, stopping TO draw, removing armour and so on.

Can also try sac lamb over BS. Sac Lamb with WotF on is awesome and if you are using TF, you can play it on him too. Also removes your disabled allies/uniques.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Have you also tried Furrion Terror? He has synergy with BB's ability for that potential board clear.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Balasador View Post
    Have you also tried Furrion Terror? He has synergy with BB's ability for that potential board clear.
    The very first version of FT had it, but if you have a look at my ally mix he's really counterintuitive to this deck, killing Savage and causing ping damage to myself from Molten and Twisted.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hence, the board clear, lol!

But yeah, I was speaking more in general. Including FT would mean different ally choices.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I'll concur on those 2 remarks.

Even at just 3, SK won me many games. Generally not by hitting but by bringing back MD (who is indeed excellent) and/or looping. Hard to leave out. Then MD is IMHO superior to kairos. Kairos ability is kinda cute while ablaze and ping from MD really steal the show.
    So no DP fatty for me

Second point is FT. There should be a way to build around him as extreme board swarm can still be an issue to BB. But once again, shadow is blessed with numerous interesting fatties. No space for him.

For my personal input, I'm finding the absence of shadow font damageable. Useful to keep board, useful to Ho for the throat, no counter available (in current meta, there is some in card pool). Is it a sacrifice to stay at 40 cards?
    Last edited by Grumbaki; 04-17-2013 at 01:27 AM.
    Priest since 1992
    Screw meta, just go and f*****g kill it!
    Drunk and dangerous

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I like your analysis on Twisted Familiar, but I've had a few games where I went second and the opponent summoned a the third turn allies with 5 HP, and I was glad to have Ironhide Karash to go with Banebow's ability + ping damage from DMT to take them down. I also think that Morbid Acolyte is a lot more useful than Infernal Gargoyle - it's helped me against Moonstalker, Rogue allies with stealth and Sandworms (and other gargoyles), and with 5 HP it is almost as sturdy as the gargoyle too.