Close

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Constructive List of Problems on what Platform [Serious tag]

Alright guys, every platform is having issues some way or another in its performance (yes even PC despite its massive improvement). I plan to make this to keep a constructive list of where the game is pausing and having performance issues. Other issues will be included as well (General Issues). I will be able to perform this list for my iPhone 4S and my PC. Anyone with other platforms that are willing to do so, please check every possibility you can find and if you have trouble with it mark it down and post it here. If you find issues not on my list, please bring them up.

This thread is to help Kyle know EXACTLY what is failing and where. NOT to complain about it. Any non-constructive post will be removed (hence the serious tag). If you want your feedback to be taken seriously here, please post it in a constructive or helpful manner.

My iPhone (4S):

-Trying to quickly cycle through pages in the deck builder/merchant (the arrows)
    -Putting a card in your deck
    -Taking a card out of your deck (significantly longer)
    -Loading a deck
    -Ads are also causing this (some versions seem to have ads now, however I have yet to encounter one)
    -Targeting attachments is difficult/impossible (impossible on 3rd or more) [Fixed in version 2.01]

iPad (gotten from others):

-UI is too small, some buttons being very tiny.
    -Button Presses being ignored in some cases (see this post

PC:

-UI, text, and Buttons are not properly scaling with Resolution, they get smaller the higher you go
    o This one might be a bit subjective, perhaps a UI Scale option?
    -Allignment issues (see this post)
    -Very slight skips in deck editors (very minor)
    -Buttons for scrolling through merchant pages sometimes do not appear
    -Frame Drops when the game switches music (only for a second, effects recordings though)

General Problems;

-Stolen cards still can't be dragged
    -Custom AI deck builder can't be dragged
    -When in a game/deck editor, opening up the menu does not stop cards and actions from occurring (you can play through the menu if you avoid the buttons).
    -Alt Serena Artwork does not discard card's using her ability.
    -Some users report issues buying SC or boosters (mostly on apple devices)
    -Armors, weapons, and attachments are randomly not zooming properly when in combat, they stick halfway out the bottom due to their angle. (See this post)
    -Buttons in editors, merchant, after matches, options, are not in the new format (looks out of place)
    -Merchant UI overlapping (see this post)
    -Card Sizes appear smaller (see This post)
    Last edited by Demnchi; 04-26-2013 at 07:40 PM.
    Was the Leader of Acolytes of A1

A1's Dimensional Eyes in the Sky
    A1 Alliance: Evolution in Theory
    PFG3 Leader

Was Shadow Era Community Manager

Sota, The Switch Axe Monster Hunter

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."
    "Humans fight to secure peace as they envision it. The trouble is, everyone's vision is different." - Ringabel

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Reserved

PFG3 Leader

"Humans fight to secure peace as they envision it. The trouble is, everyone's vision is different." - Ringabel

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    EDIT #3: Tonight's update solved the issues I posted earlier, minus the lag, which Kyle stated will be addressed before the week is out.

Still searching for anything else on Android, will post anything I find.
    Last edited by CyrusKhane; 04-16-2013 at 07:49 AM.
    Acolytes of A1
    "Students Today, Masters Tomorrow"
    IGN: AA1 Scrooge

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by CyrusKhane View Post
    Serious force close issues on Android, though may be my phone, I'm not sure.

Motorola Photon 4G running 2.3.5 Gingerbread

Will comb through the app and add anything else I find.
    Thanks! If you could please be more specific about when the game actually crashes or force closes that would help a lot.

PFG3 Leader

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    hi. I can help with a mac section.

-UI (icons/cards/text) too small
    -during attack card animation is sometimes broken (cards get stuck)
    -when removing a card from deck you card pool 'resets' to very beginning (I don't know if it's a bug or if it's deliberate but it's annoying when you are browsing certain class cards for your hero from DP and when removing any card from deck your pool jumps back to heroes and allies from CotC)

that's it, other bugs are covered in 'general problems'

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    On iPhone 4:

-Lags when buying cards in the merchant

-Seems to lag when the music stops to play a different song

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by kurthektik View Post
    hi. I can help with a mac section.

-UI (icons/cards/text) too small
    Does this change if you alter your resolution? (just curious, as I think thats the primary cause of the small buttons on every platform)

Quote Originally Posted by cycle View Post
    +1 please increase card size so it fits the border of the playmat again.
    Interesting, can you provide a screenshot? I haven't had any issues with card sizes. Mac as well? Does it change with resolution?

---

thanks for being so supportive btw!

PFG3 Leader

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    In my ipad3, adding cards to a deck is made easier because you can drag them in directly, but there is s a noticeable lag before the move is registered.

An option to decide how many cards to add directly would be welcome (say, I drag bad Santa in, a window pops up asking me how many copies I wish to add).

The game experience is also quite slow, because animations (like attacking) seem to take much longer. The game can just freeze momentarily when I am zooming in to view a card. In general, it just reminded me of the PC version.

Getting back to the challenge screen also took forever.

In general, I also found the moving of the options bar tab from the top middle to bottom left if the screen quite inconvenient, but maybe that is something I will eventually get used to as well.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I've only played around with it for a little while (on PC and my Android) and the only thing I noticed thus far (in addition to what is already mentioned):
    - When I click the navigation bar on the bottom left, the 'Shadow Era' logo drops down too far over the button overlay, and I can barely click the 'World' and 'Challenge' buttons.
    - The new stealth graphics make it kind of hard to see what the ally is. In general, is the play area a little farther away?
    - A couple of card flickering issues. I can't recall all the examples, but I remember one time I cast Lightning Strike and it flickered in the wrong place for a second then went to the graveyard.
    - Some of the animations were a little choppy. Not sure if it's due to my phone's hardware or whatnot, but most of the game ran smoothly.

Running Samsung Galaxy v4.2.2 Jelly Bean

I'll update you with anything else I might find.
    Last edited by Darklich; 04-15-2013 at 10:18 PM.
    My apologies, children, for I am afraid I cannot save you all.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    On iPad2, many times button-clicks seem to be ignored. These buttons could be arrows in deck builder, scrolling through cards in merchant, changing quantities in merchant, etc. Button-ignores cause the device to seem like it has an under-powered CPU running Windows CE, e.g. older-model GPS

Sometimes when using menu options, an item behind the menu will be selected.
    Last edited by a player; 04-16-2013 at 01:22 AM. Reason: Tried to edit post, but it went blank!
    Least active member of: ETC (Ended There by Chance)
    Account for Gondorian to transfer Shadow Crystals to: m0ghedian