Close

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Unruler View Post
    Yes, I was pissed about that legendaries too.

The fact that they didn't announced that didn't help the matter either.

And it DOES NOT matter OP or not, it could be Firesnake and still pay to win.
    That statement makes no sense at all... So if a 6cc 1/1 creature with no effect would be released as a legendary, the game is still pay to win? Of course it matters that a card is balanced.
    iClipse - A1's Twilight Manipulator - A1 : Evolution in Theory
    Part of PFG

• My psychiatrist told me I was crazy and I said I want a second opinion. He said okay, you're ugly too.

• Just remember...if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off.

• With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.

• I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not sure.

• A diplomat is someone who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you will look forward to the trip.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Unruler View Post
    Yes, I was pissed about that legendaries too.

The fact that they didn't announced that didn't help the matter either.

And it DOES NOT matter OP or not, it could be Firesnake and still pay to win.
    They wanted them to be a surprise?

Pay to have a card does not mean pay to win.

Lurk the merchant, you'll get one for yourself and change your tune.
    Acolytes of A1
    "Students Today, Masters Tomorrow"
    IGN: AA1 Scrooge

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by iClipse View Post
    That statement makes no sense at all... So if a 6cc 1/1 creature with no effect would be released as a legendary, the game is still pay to win? Of course it matters that a card is balanced.
    Lol, this whole conversation cracks me up because Wulven hasn't and won't take a stand on it. When players wanted CA to be digital (to match their pre-order) it was a "we can't have cards out there that are exclusive to paying customers" by wulven... CA isn't even close to OP, no one in physical even plays it because it hinders you, but that was the reason we were given for not getting a foil CA. Then I see legendary cards which unless you are a SUPER lucky unpaying customer (seeing as it's one in 25-50, and most unpaying use gold for their cards, and only get about 4-5 free boosters)... They won't be able to get these.

So by Wulven's thoughts, a 6cc 1/1 creature would still be considered unfair because it was a pay to get that card (until now...)

Keep in mind, I am not a free-to-play member... I do have over 1k in this game, so no unbiased there. I look at the initial point as a legit point, in that its a pay to play that card, something I am not a fan of. I am a fan of foils, because every player (paying or not) has the chance to get a card that is identical, but when cards come out that not everyone has access to, just kinda ruins things. (P.S. for now, my 4x legendaries are not making it into my decks, this is to prove its not a jealousy thing on my behalf, as I have them and still 175,000 crystals to get a few more.)
    Aradiel

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by CyrusKhane View Post
    Lurk the merchant, you'll get one for yourself and change your tune.
    I am seriously curious if these are on the merchant. I haven't looked close enough to see if things have changed, but previously, even if the merchant was sold out of something, he still showed the card... He just yelled at you when you tried to buy his sold out card. Right now, these 2 cards don't show up on merchant. If they show up there, I will be content in hushing up with my previous posting gripe.
    Aradiel

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by snow_man View Post
    Lol, this whole conversation cracks me up because Wulven hasn't and won't take a stand on it. When players wanted CA to be digital (to match their pre-order) it was a "we can't have cards out there that are exclusive to paying customers" by wulven... CA isn't even close to OP, no one in physical even plays it because it hinders you, but that was the reason we were given for not getting a foil CA. Then I see legendary cards which unless you are a SUPER lucky unpaying customer (seeing as it's one in 25-50, and most unpaying use gold for their cards, and only get about 4-5 free boosters)... They won't be able to get these.

So by Wulven's thoughts, a 6cc 1/1 creature would still be considered unfair because it was a pay to get that card (until now...)

Keep in mind, I am not a free-to-play member... I do have over 1k in this game, so no unbiased there. I look at the initial point as a legit point, in that its a pay to play that card, something I am not a fan of. I am a fan of foils, because every player (paying or not) has the chance to get a card that is identical, but when cards come out that not everyone has access to, just kinda ruins things. (P.S. for now, my 4x legendaries are not making it into my decks, this is to prove its not a jealousy thing on my behalf, as I have them and still 175,000 crystals to get a few more.)
    I'm pretty sure that wasn't the only reason why CA was not made digital....

I am seriously curious if these are on the merchant. I haven't looked close enough to see if things have changed, but previously, even if the merchant was sold out of something, he still showed the card... He just yelled at you when you tried to buy his sold out card. Right now, these 2 cards don't show up on merchant. If they show up there, I will be content in hushing up with my previous posting gripe.
    I don't recall exactly where but there is already a screenshot with him in the merchant AND Alzorath has even said he's purchased one from the merchant. when the merchant runs out of a certain card it DOES disappear from the shop. However, if it disappears while your looking at it, that's when you'll get that message of it being sold out.
    Was the Leader of Acolytes of A1

A1's Dimensional Eyes in the Sky
    A1 Alliance: Evolution in Theory
    PFG3 Leader

Was Shadow Era Community Manager

Sota, The Switch Axe Monster Hunter

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."
    "Humans fight to secure peace as they envision it. The trouble is, everyone's vision is different." - Ringabel

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Actually, it only showed if he sold his lost copies while to were still trying to figure out what to buy. If he didn't have any copies when you originally clicked Merchant, they didn't show up. That's why there are so many "Where is X card?" and "Why isn't Y in the Merchant?" threads.

As for the Legendaries, I think someone posted a picture of one that showed up in the merchant, and multiple people have confessed to selling them.

Oh, and free players do still have a chance to get them. It's their choice what they spend their free shadow crystals on, and each booster pack has the same likelihood of having one. That doesn't mean I'm against large quantities being available from the merchant, but there are freemium games where you would have to play for an unreasonably long amount of time to pay a flat rate to get a limited item.

Edit: ninja'd by Demnchi
    Congratulations to Preybird for designing my Avatar!

In Game Handle: Warr Byrd

Contributions to the Game:
    Flavor text for Wild Berserker: The odds are always in my favor
    PFG3: To Be Released Soon™

Tournament Wins: None, I'm Timmy Johnny not Spike!

Shout out to Gondorian, nerull7, Nikola D, plo, Preybird, Super Grover, and Zhou86 for submitting potential avatars!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Demnchi View Post
    I don't recall exactly where but there is already a screenshot with him in the merchant AND Alzorath has even said he's purchased one from the merchant. when the merchant runs out of a certain card it DOES disappear from the shop. However, if it disappears while your looking at it, that's when you'll get that message of it being sold out.
    I bought one form the Merchant yesterday.
    FDL TV!

Channel | Thread | Twitter
    Deck Techs, Game Commentary, Replay Analysis and more!

FDL Tips: The Metagame, Balance and You || Empty Hands
    LL Decklists: Serena || Elementalis

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Likelyhood of a free player getting one in a booster pack (Seeing as on average they get around 10 booster packs worth of SC) is 1 in 5 free players getting one (if all 5 players don't buy anything except boosters for DP). BUT, if they are on the merchant, than I will hush up.

Agree with Warr though, at least until they cool down, wouldn't be opposed to merchant having huge quantities of them... After all they have to be 1800gold (seeing as merchant buys for half as much and he will buy mine at 900gold). So if people want to go bankrupt buying them out, let em =)

Oh well, I am off to open more boosters. Guessing it will cost me roughly 100,000 SC to get a complete set (aka 1 thousand dollars in real money). Wish me luck =D

P.S.... please speed up auction house, I have 20-30 of several cards already that I want to post up there. =D
    Aradiel

plo
    What I can not understand is why those cards were made hard to get, I understand that Wulven is a company and they need profit to maintain themselve, and I have nothing against it, but if I were in their place I would have made the alternate art hard to get and make the legendaries cheap.

BTW, so the legendaries are being sold by the merchant. But where exactly, in the "pack" section next to the sleeves or in the last page of the "buy" section? Where exactly? And does the merchant recharges them or he only sells when a player sells them? I have heard someone was offered 900 gold for it by the merchant. Does this mean that they cost about 1800gold? since cards ae sold for half their using price.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Just deleted a long reply about freeloaders vs paying customers. In short I support legendary cards the more the better. Well done Wulven