Close

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

New Foil Effects??

Geckt might be posting in the right section, but I felt that posting here will get more views.

Why change something that is already good into something different?
    I noticed the foil effects has now changed to "non-animated" i.e. non-shimmering. Is this a transition for the foil feature or is it a permanent effect?

Quite a number of people I know (those who rip LOTS of boosters, which is the source of Wulven's income) are not really satisfied with the new foil effect.

Check out the original thread: http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....3-Foil-Effects
    Psalm 91:7 A thousand may fall at your side, ten thousand at your right hand, but it will not come near you.

Zhou - Servant of the Eternal Saviour
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn.

IGN | BP Zhou | Information on my Guild | Group | SE Players of Malaysia | Tournaments | BP Popup #37

BP Hispanic | Link a la rama hispana de BP
    SE Achievements | Full List
    Articles/Guides | FAQs for New Players and Forum Goers

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I disagree with this. Before it wad changed there were a ton of compaints about foils as well. That they were moving too much, that they were giving headaches, that they made you breathe out rainbows, whatever.

I like the current effect quite a bit actually. It's a bit more simpler. Of course, something like this is highly subjective.
    iClipse - A1's Twilight Manipulator - A1 : Evolution in Theory
    Part of PFG

• My psychiatrist told me I was crazy and I said I want a second opinion. He said okay, you're ugly too.

• Just remember...if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off.

• With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.

• I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not sure.

• A diplomat is someone who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you will look forward to the trip.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I agree with iClipse, I like the new foil effect better, where it only moves when the card moves on screen. This is much more realistic to a real foil card, as the foil effect would not just move if the card was sitting still.
    "IT'S TIME TO DUEL!!!"
    "The Magnificent."
    Account for any future SC transfers by Gondorian: BP tman507

Member of PFG3
    Master of Hand-to-hand Combat
    Greatness, Reborn

Official Shadow Era Wiki Moderator

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    the real problem with the new foils is that Wulven didn't take the time to do the same foiling setup as with the COTC foils.
    COTC had foils that were shiny in the background, and left certain important areas (like characters, items, ...) of the card unfoiled. The way it should be done to be honnest!
    Now they just took the art and added a layer of ugly foil all over the card, hiding the awesome art behind a smokescreen of rainbow collors. If ugly as hell to be honnest.
    I hope they fix it soon.

If the physical cards are foiled the same way the digital cards are at the moment, i'm gonna be angry and dissapointed in wulven, because physical cards are not really update-able.
    Last edited by bytas; 04-15-2013 at 04:36 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by bytas View Post
    the real problem with the new foils is that Wulven didn't take the time to do the same foiling setup as with the COTC foils.
    COTC had foils that were shiny in the background, and left certain important areas (like characters, items, ...) of the card unfoiled. The way it should be done to be honnest!
    Now they just took the art and added a layer of ugly foil all over the card, hiding the awesome art behind a smokescreen of rainbow collors. If ugly as hell to be honnest.
    I hope they fix it soon.

If the physical cards are foiled the same way the digital cards are at the moment, i'm gonna be angry and dissapointed in wulven, because physical cards are not really update-able.
    +1 I agree with the above statement. As I look back at my CotC foils, the main art "Item or Person" will be clearly depicted (non-foil) and the background is foil. Now for DP, the whole piece is foil and I can hardly see the item/person/hero.

For example, just compare the differences between the CotC Foil (Night Prowler) and DP Foil (Lyra)

Last edited by Zhou86; 04-15-2013 at 05:05 PM.
    Psalm 91:7 A thousand may fall at your side, ten thousand at your right hand, but it will not come near you.

Zhou - Servant of the Eternal Saviour
    Greatness, Reborn.

IGN | BP Zhou | Information on my Guild | Group | SE Players of Malaysia | Tournaments | BP Popup #37

BP Hispanic | Link a la rama hispana de BP
    SE Achievements | Full List
    Articles/Guides | FAQs for New Players and Forum Goers

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    It seems to me that they wanted to reproduce the physical effect, where the lights change only when you move the card or change angle of view.
    I may be completely wrong though...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Can you actually play with these foils? Sell them? I can't find my foils in my collection anywhere.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by bytas
    I hope they fix it soon.

Good point there actually. I didn't really notice this myself, but you're right. The figure or item should definitely stand out like they did originally, looks much better.

Quote Originally Posted by Argentine
    Can you actually play with these foils? Sell them? I can't find my foils in my collection anywhere.
    Currently, you can only get foils from booster packs, you can't buy or sell them through the merchant, which will hopefully be changed whenever the auction house feature is finally added. As for being able to play with them, if you have any, they should just be right next to the regular non-foil copy of the card in the deck builder.
    "IT'S TIME TO DUEL!!!"
    "The Magnificent."
    Account for any future SC transfers by Gondorian: BP tman507

Member of PFG3
    Master of Hand-to-hand Combat
    Greatness, Reborn

Official Shadow Era Wiki Moderator

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

New Foil Effects??

Unless they are with better visibility than before allowing every one to be able to identify the cards easily, I would definitely disagree with having this effect in place of the old one.

Again, I couldn't agree more that preference is subjective and is very personal.

I'd give an instant vote up for that "disable foil animation" option mentioned by FlyC to take place than to be stuck with this visibility disadvantage.
    Last edited by Geckt; 04-16-2013 at 07:29 AM.
    Geckt - The Midnight Hunter
    Ign:BP Geckt
    Warriors of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn
    1st in Meet and Beat Meltdown Physical Tournament
    Our Guild Recruitment Thread

FAQs For New Players
    SE digital foil Trading Group

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The cards have rounded edges, while the foil effect has sharp edges, so they stick off the card. Please, go back to the old foils and give people the option to disable the animation if they choose.
    Acolytes of A1
    "Students Today, Masters Tomorrow"
    IGN: AA1 Scrooge