Close

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Legendary cards

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Legendary cards

Someone had to do this.

They need to be in the store. In-game advantages that are limited only to people who pay is bad practice.

FYI. I bought 4k crystals and got 1 human legendary. I still think it should be in the store so that everyone can enjoy this game fairly.

Last edited by lentan; 04-15-2013 at 01:44 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Wait for it. In a couple of months, you will be able to buy it on merchant.

Just take it easy.
    "Let us form one body, one heart, and defend to the last warrior our country, our homes, our liberty, and the graves of our fathers."

Fuzer - Defender of the Faith
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    For what it's worth, people who pay can't get them either. 20k crystals and I didn't get karlstrad.
    Elder TJ

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Below is something I posted responding to this same thing:

Quote Originally Posted by Demnchi View Post
    ... The PFG discussed this possibility and we did conclude that free players need some way to buy them or they shouldn't be released. Even if for the time being they are hard to obtain without money, they do not break the game, we made sure of that. There will be and is a way to obtain them without shadow crystals, it will merely take some time. I even PM'd GDC a few days after DP was submitted and after he said the card market would not be in this version (but one soon after this version), to confirm if that was so because this was a big concern. Rest assured, this is not pay to win.
    Was the Leader of Acolytes of A1

A1's Dimensional Eyes in the Sky
    A1 Alliance: Evolution in Theory
    PFG3 Leader

Was Shadow Era Community Manager

Sota, The Switch Axe Monster Hunter

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."
    "Humans fight to secure peace as they envision it. The trouble is, everyone's vision is different." - Ringabel

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    To add to what Demnchi said, the Merchant is going to start opening his own packs soon and will be getting some Legendaries in stock from those. (He won't stop opening until he gets a reasonable number.)

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    ++1!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    heh, I think I was probably the first to buy a legendary off the market... they're 1800 gold currently. (saw a scourge, and was like 'yoink!')

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    To add to what Demnchi said, the Merchant is going to start opening his own packs soon and will be getting some Legendaries in stock from those. (He won't stop opening until he gets a reasonable number.)
    This makes sense, although it will cause only one problem, everyone will just spend crystals on elementalis decks, if the availability of even legendaries is right there, and noone will buy boosters anymore.

I hope it's a pretty limited stock of legendaries in the merchant (say 50-100)

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Alzorath View Post
    heh, I think I was probably the first to buy a legendary off the market... they're 1800 gold currently. (saw a scourge, and was like 'yoink!')
    Yup, I also was able to grab one off the merchant last night for 1800 (was the human guy). They do appear, but for the first time, I got the "not enough copies in stock" error when trying to grab 2 of em - made it out with one and was a happy camper (only need 2 more of em to finish my full DP playset, though I never forsee packing more than 1 or 2 of em in any deck)

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    me love you long time gondorian