Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Elementalis Fattie Deck Dark Prophecies 1.0

Hey Guys, just started with Shadow Era after 2 Years with the release of Dark Prophecies.

I really like the new cards, and im looking forward for the upcoming decks and Strategies.

What I am trying to do with this Fattie deck is to withstand the boardclearing Mages and Gwens, but still have
    a balanced deck that can compete against all other types.
    However after 2 years my memory lacks still some cards and combos so I hope you guys will help me to make this Deck a
    competitive one =)

1 Elementalis

4x Morbid Acolyte
    4x Spark
    4x Ironhide Karash

2x Ogloth the Glutton
    2x Kairos Doombringer
    3x Io Void Leviathan
    3x Crystal Titan

22 Creatures

4x Bad Santa
    4x Sever Ties
    3x Shadow Font
    2x Super Focus
    3x Bloodthirsty

1x Eternal Renewal

17 Non-Creatures

Im still testing this but I think its solid.

Hope you guys like it, and give me some advices =)

EDIT: Re-worked the deck after testing against several different opponents. Its 40Cards now and i removed some cards that slowed me down.
    Additionally i added 4x Sever Ties to get rid of attachments when i have more than 1 creature on the field and super force is useless.
    Last edited by sneakypony; 04-16-2013 at 01:40 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Since I had trouble against several Ability Creature Cards such as Raven Wildheart I changed the deck a bit.
    So actually it is :

-1 Sever Ties
    +4 Mind Control

So its 42+1(Hero) Cards at the moment, and works fine
    すべての人間は、ユニーク生まれたが、ほとんどのコピーが死ぬされています。
    All humans are born unique, but most of them die as a copy.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I tried making a Super Focus deck the day DP was released and found that there is simply no way to be competitive when you have only a single ally on the board. Some tips:

- At least 3 focus so you actually have a chance to draw one.
    - Drop BS and add SL. I don't think it needs to be explained why SL is necessary and the superior choice for a focus deck.
    - Pick your allies carefully. Since your aim is to keep only 1 ally on the board it had better be a damn good one. Eg. You would want Disciple of Aldmor vs mage or Wulven Savage vs warrior/rogue.
    - Try to fit in 1-2 Assumed Command unless you enjoy watching your buffed ally get bounced/banished.

Even with the perfect set of attachments your ally can still be disabled/insta-killed hence the non-viability of this playstyle.

*EDIT*
    Remove the Sever Ties. Use 1 copy of Morphic Armor if you're really afraid of attachments. Just so you know, the way Super Focus works is it still allows negative attachments to be cast. It just simply has no effect if that ally is the only one you control (*cough cough* SL).
    Last edited by Aldeen; 04-17-2013 at 04:50 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    i never said that my goal is having only 1 ally on the board.... and it isnt my goal ..... super focus is just in case there is only 1 ally left , this ally is protected somehow if i dont have sever ties.
    Super Focus is by far not the main card of the deck, sorry if it seems that way. I think the Main Card is either the Io Volt Leviathan or Ogloth depending on which one of them gets earlier or bigger on the board.

Morphic armor is a REALLY bad choice for a fattie deck with Elementalis imo, because the effect of Morphic Armor costs 3 x SE , thats alot, and on top of that you want to boost your fatties with elementalis' Shadow ability and dont waste SE with switching attachments to allies who might die in the next round because of whatever.
    Furthermore Morphic armor has a cost of 5, which is somewhat the Turn where i start to shine, playing a Morphic Armor would slow me down like hell. Plus it has only 3 durablity, so you will mostly be able to use its effect only once before it gets destroyed.... since i dont need it to switch positive attachments it would mean that i cannot even destroy an attachment for the cost of 5 resources and (even worse) 3 shadow energy...Sever Ties costs 4 Resources and just destroys that annoying attachment.
    I really don't see your point in using Morphic armor, oh and, yeah i know how super focus works.

One more question, why do you think SL is superior? I mean... i have only 1 3cc Ally and that is Morbid Acolyte, which i would never sacrifice cause of his super strong ability. Playing Bad Santa correctly is way more effective if my hand is running out of cards. Dont't foget that im also using Bloodthirst as card-draw, and why would i sacrifice a super pumped up fattie for 3 cards? there is no way i would do that unless i really want to lose to my opponent, since this would slow me down so hard.

Anyway thanks for your answer, but keep in Mind that my goal isn't having always only 1 ally on the board

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by sneakypony View Post
    Morphic armor is a REALLY bad choice for a fattie deck with Elementalis imo, because the effect of Morphic Armor costs 3 x SE , thats alot, and on top of that you want to boost your fatties with elementalis' Shadow ability and dont waste SE with switching attachments to allies who might die in the next round because of whatever.
    Furthermore Morphic armor has a cost of 5, which is somewhat the Turn where i start to shine, playing a Morphic Armor would slow me down like hell. Plus it has only 3 durablity, so you will mostly be able to use its effect only once before it gets destroyed.... since i dont need it to switch positive attachments it would mean that i cannot even destroy an attachment for the cost of 5 resources and (even worse) 3 shadow energy...Sever Ties costs 4 Resources and just destroys that annoying attachment.
    I really don't see your point in using Morphic armor, oh and, yeah i know how super focus works.
    Actually a fatty deck is exactly where morphic shines. Lets say you have a 6/9 Ogloth at this point buffing it to a 7/12 is not very useful saving SE for morphic armor on the other hand is as it protects your oggie. As for Sever Ties it has the advantage of your opponent can't work around it since morphic requires a valid target but it is also only one time use. Play morphic remove CB from your fatty and your opponent now must deal with morphic before casting another CB or it will quickly get moved again. Matter of taste I guess. Actually, my main grievance against your deck is that I don't think Ele is meant to be played fatty heavy as smaller allies have far more synergy with its ability.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Gonna try this sucker. My first Post Prophecies deck. (well aside from the Zaladar Farm deck )

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by sneakypony View Post
    i never said that my goal is having only 1 ally on the board.... and it isnt my goal ..... super focus is just in case there is only 1 ally left , this ally is protected somehow if i dont have sever ties.
    Super Focus is by far not the main card of the deck, sorry if it seems that way. I think the Main Card is either the Io Volt Leviathan or Ogloth depending on which one of them gets earlier or bigger on the board.

One more question, why do you think SL is superior? I mean... i have only 1 3cc Ally and that is Morbid Acolyte, which i would never sacrifice cause of his super strong ability. Playing Bad Santa correctly is way more effective if my hand is running out of cards. Dont't foget that im also using Bloodthirst as card-draw, and why would i sacrifice a super pumped up fattie for 3 cards? there is no way i would do that unless i really want to lose to my opponent, since this would slow me down so hard.

Anyway thanks for your answer, but keep in Mind that my goal isn't having always only 1 ally on the board
    This is where you have wrong. Morphic Armor is auto-included in every Ele decks imo. You won't buff your allies too often every time you get at 3cc as it will be wasted for easy Crippling Blow target. A 7/12 Oggy isn't necessary. Playing Morphic, the opponent has to deal with it or it will caus huge trouble. Have you ever tried to steal Blood Frenzy with it? It's freaking hilarious. You may already have notice that enemy attachment is Ele's weak point so sac lamb is much better than BS because a over-pumped guy will get drawn attension and then getting easy delt with. I can write a whole book if this but I'm currently on mobile and I don't have all time in the world.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Another fact is that Io Void Leviathan is worse than Plasma Behemoth. Period.
    Current QM rating: 274
    (IGName: Benzoheth)

Don't sit there and take it,
    I built it you can brake it!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    what to say other than personal preferrance if you compare void leviathan and PB, plasma's effect is good, still its a bit too expensive in a fattie deck and after 4 Shadow abilities void leviathan gets 4 bonus dmg, without wasting 3 resources every single round...think about playing against priest....wizent staff, and other cards also use shadow energy, and everytime it does, void levi gets +1, so people with think twice before they use their shadow energy.

Its a mind game, PB is nothing like that...everything PB does is obvious and predictable, you dont have to really think about whether using shadow energy or dont, and for games where Shadow energy isnt the big point, Nish for example, ill play crystal titan over void leviathan anyways.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    How do you fair against Lance? He will easy nullify your allies pretty easy so my suggestion is to run Wulven Savage (which can be buffed so it even works against mages). Darkwood Wraith is a another choice as Ele otherwise don't have that much of "removals" other than MC.