Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

The Kristoffer Wyld Tag Team Leapfrog of **** You: Building Around Vorzitian Orders

After a happy accident involving what I am hereby dubbing the Kristoffer Wyld Tag Team Leapfrog of F*** You, I've decided to examine some other possibilities for use and abuse of Vorzitian Orders. To that end, I've put together a deck involving every trigger-on-summon effect I can get my hands on... with the exception of Artful Squire because seriously, screw that guy.

The deck:

Lance Shadowstalker
    4x Sandra Trueblade
    4x Lily Rosecult
    4x Kristoffer Wyld
    4x Priest of the Light
    4x Ill-Gotten Gains
    4x Retreat!
    4x Champion of Irum
    4x Layarian Seductress
    4x Anklebreaker
    4x Vorzitian Orders

So, anyone have thoughts? Pointers? I'm hesitant to take this thing online until the season marches on and my rating stabilizes a bit, so input now would be much appreciated.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    How to use Layarian Seductress and Sandra Trueblade? How many resources should I keep?
    Why is Stop Thief! excluded?
    Buried Treasure of Nanana
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix/ Greatness, Reborn
    My tournament achievements

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Sorry, didn't really mean to suggest this as a valid just yet. I was more going for "Hi, I'm new. This is a deck idea I had that I think might be cool, but I'm asking you guys to help improve it since odds are you can all build circles around anything I come up with."

That said - Seductress is for enemy ally lockdown, and Sandra is primarily an emergency turn 4 drop. I'd suggest keeping about 6 resources and always ending your turn with at least one cheap ally in your hand.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I mean both of them's ability requires a lower resource number and Sandra's ability destroys opponent's resources, I might guess it will be very likely that these cards become ability-less...
    Buried Treasure of Nanana
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix/ Greatness, Reborn
    My tournament achievements

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Noted. Sandra's probably going to get cut and replaced with 4x Stop, Thief!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I would change Kristoffer Wyld to Twilight Tribe Herald since I am not sure what benefit the haste effect gives you considering that you don't run with Assassination and Twilight Tribe Herald has overall better card utility I think, if it's a first draw card you are after.

I would also perhaps considering adding Cloak of Obscurity and reducing the number of Anklebreakers in the deck as a protection mechanism along with Silent Strike so when you recast an ally the opponent can't take advantage of the fact it's frozen when being cast and Lance cannot cast his special ability. Perhaps remove Retreat all together.

I would also perhaps switch out Priest of the Light with something more useful like a fattie such as Aeon Stormcaller or Gunther, General of Balor since you have no tier 6 card in your deck or possibly Rider of Ellos if it's more DPS you're after.

Anyway, I think with some of the changes you get a bit more long-lasting power, can still abuse Vozitian Orders to its fullest combined with Lance's ability and you have a bit more defensive utility and slightly more drawing power. I would even consider whether Reconnaissance would be viable for this deck since rogues lack damage amplification from other sources except Sharp Weapon and it provides with additional drawing power.
    Last edited by LeaT; 04-22-2013 at 12:17 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Dude, POTL is the perfect ally for vozitian. No way you should take him out. I'd replace Sandra with ST like mentioned above and also take out Lily in favor of Riders. If you keep Kris then trade out retreat for assassination. Also you don't need 4x of every card, I'd make room for some Aeon or Raven.
    Last edited by Jets; 04-22-2013 at 01:41 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    yeah i agree with Jets. carrying 4 of the same cards limits your game play and there for you can't grow. if i were you i'd try to stick with using 2-3 per card. the only 4 of the same card i got in my Lance deck is Treasured Heirloom. better draw card than using Bad Santa or Bazaar. if you got a huge deck then ya bazaar would prolly be best but i run with 40 cards. best way to get what you want quicker. i'd reduce the Champion of Irum to around 2-3 cause you can't play more then 1 on the board at a time so no use having 4. (just saying) I'd take out Sandra she dies way too fast i'd suggest replacing her with fleet-footed messanger (good health hard target to take down) or Spirit Warden (good health and awesome vs. ppl who revive cards). another must add is Braxnorian Soldier. (good vs. low health enemy allies and haste does not work while he's in play which means portal cards are useless when he's on board cause it don't work lol). VO is awesome with fleet-footed messanger. (you can tag team them in an out if you have a lot of resources to get rid of armor/weapons and killing allies) hope that helps. good luck man and you do need to add atleast 2 Aeon's. one last thing take out the retreat cards VO pretty much helps retreat your allies who are low on health/poised/frozen/webbed.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets View Post
    Dude, POTL is the perfect ally for vozitian.
    sure, waste 3cc for a 1HP heal and -1 SE, that'll show 'em.
    Last edited by cosmo K; 04-22-2013 at 06:59 PM.

DP Visionary
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by cosmo K View Post
    sure, waste 3cc for a 1HP heal and -1 SE, that'll show 'em.
    Jets is right. Of all the allies available to the rogue class, PotL has one of the strongest synergies with VO. When you have a VO on the board, and two PotL in hand, it's a pretty devastating thing being able to heal 1HP and reduce your opponent's SE by 1 *every turn*. You can effectively prevent the opponent from ever using their hero's ability ever again.

That said, from my experience with playing with VO decks on the test server, while combos like this are fun to pull off, they're not really viable until the late game (9+ resources or so). If you can pull off this combo without disruption, you're probably already in a winning situation to begin with. It's effective when you get it working, but it can be unreliable.