Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Talking Dark Prophecies A.I. Farming Deck - Faster than Before!

Well we now have a ton of new cards to get so I figured I'd share my new farming deck.

Hero:
    Zaladar

Allies:
    Fire Snake x4
    Hellsteed x4
    Spark x4
    Rotling x4
    Flare x4

Items:
    Shard of Power x4

Abilities:
    Bloodlust x4
    Eternal Renewal x1

This deck is really straight forward to play, and the play style is unchanged from previous Zaladar farming decks. Just like before you only really have to concentrate on the hero. This deck only real change is that it is faster and cheaper. Also I have noticed that the "Spark Effect" has been removed in this version so your Sparks stick around longer. The single Eternal Renewal is there for the Heroes that have board wipes (I tend to play against the A.I. Mages and Priests because they have less health).

Happy Farming!

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Version 2.0

Hero:
    Zaladar

Allies:
    Fire Snake x4
    Hellsteed x4
    Spark x4
    Rotling x4
    Flare x4

Artifacts:
    Shard of Power x4

Abilities:
    Bloodlust x4
    Bad Santa x2

Alright so eternal renewal is useless for the most part, you never really need it, and it is too expensive in a deck like this ... you want allies on the board and not in your resource pile. Now in a way I still agree with what I said in previous discussions regarding either Bad Santa or Bazaar in a deck like this, but since all the allies are so cheap you will only once ever have to pay 2cc to get a creature out, so I found myself top decking more often than getting wiped.

Playing the deck in it's new incarnation. First realize you never need no more than three resources (unless you keep drawing Shard of Powers after you have one out) and your main sacs are going to be Rotlings and Firesnakes. Also you are going to focus everything you got on the hero unless they have a Jasmine out or you want a kill to feed to your Rotling. Nothing else is worth your time. For the most part the AI will focus on you and if they randomly decide to use a single target attack against an ally instead of your hero it will be against the Flare. And BTW human mages, if they cast Freezing Grip it will virtually always be on the Flare. The seem also to favor the Flare when it comes to things like Lightning Strike. Anyway as I said Rotling and Firesnake are the least important cards you have, but if you have at any time two Bloodlusts and a Shard of Power out or in your hand you sac the Bloodlust the reason being unless the AI was super lucky or played randomly better than usual you'll never get the chance to use two of them even against Zhanna and her heals. Likewise if you draw a Bad Santa hold it till you start topdecking. The Bad Santas exist to protect you from wipes and weapons. And are far more effective than the other things I have tried. And of course if you have more than one Shard of Power sac that even before the Bloodlust (the AI as a human is not a big fan of destroying your gear - maybe a rogue might but ...).

Now, then the other important thing is which opponent you are playing. This deck does well against all of them, I have yet to lose with the Bad Santa x2 version, but sometimes the AI does get lucky and there are evil cards to deal with. For example: Wrath of Summer is the worst hands down. I know if I'm in a game with Zhanna and she has pulled Tidal Wave, Ice Storm, and then brings out a wrath it's gonna take longer than usual. I miss being able to play against Jerico, but at my present level that's not an option. Even so, without the other wipes the AI knows how to use that weapon (Wrath of Summer), smack one ally and light another up. All it does is slow the inevitable, but with this version I find I can recover in one or two turns. Another thing, and I have shown this decks to others - made them play on my account on my phone - remember always your target is the HERO. Who cares if they have Allies or a weapon - kill the hero. I've seen people basically commit suicide playing this deck against the AI as if it were human. Any hero played by a human can beat this deck. Strangely though there are decks I have used that the AI can beat and Humans don't - go figure.

At this point the only thing I am tempted to try is putting in two Infinity Cores and removing a Firesnake and a Shard of Power ... need to play with that, but worst case scenarios don't often happen and well *shruggs* ... regardless it will take awhile to test ...
    Last edited by highmystica; 05-30-2013 at 10:38 AM. Reason: Type-o, updated information and slight deck change

DP Visionary
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Very interesting....I'm going to have to try this out.

Thanks for posting this! I can already tell you can easily have success do this. Also if you happen to find any other cards that are useful let me know too.
    Last edited by Jackster006; 04-15-2013 at 07:55 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    which turn do you win by? I used to farm with a lance deck using birgkrispuwenbladealdonkurtreconBS. T5 win at earliest and T7 win at latest against ter ardun (lamest AI ever.. destroys their own weapon after playing it)

Gonna try your deck to see if it's more efficient.

DP Visionary
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I tried this guys deck (I'm missing about 10 cards though and was winning in about 5-7 turns, It could be faster maybe if I had them all, I almost won one round in 4 turns.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Jackster with this deck and being a bit nub, i usually win on turn 4 or 5. Thx for the deck highmystica, its great to farm the npc ^^

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    @OP

Can you tell me what you mean by saying 'spark effect' ? I have not noticed any changes in spark behaviour and I am curious about that.

I'm using similar deck right now but without Hellsteed and Rotling - added Nocturnal Advantage and Bloodthirsty for finishing off stubborn opponents.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    This deck is great. I've been winning in 4 to 5 turns. Too bad I can't do that playing against a real person.

Europe Regional (Winter 2012) Champion jacqui's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Obtaining 4x of the entire dp set not including the legendaries would cost you 152000 gold. If you were to win 40 gold every 2.5 minutes you could obtain the entire set through grinding in 9500 minutes or 158.3 hours.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by kurthektik View Post
    @OP

Can you tell me what you mean by saying 'spark effect' ? I have not noticed any changes in spark behaviour and I am curious about that.

I'm using similar deck right now but without Hellsteed and Rotling - added Nocturnal Advantage and Bloodthirsty for finishing off stubborn opponents.
    Um firstly, you shouldn't target allies if your playing against AI, there's simply no time to do that if you want to grind as much as possible. AI allies won't even attack your allies

About the Spark Effect, lets say you have 2 Sparks on the field with a Shard. Originally the Spark Effect meant that once ONE Spark dies, the other will lose 1 attack and 1 health and as a result of Shard, die. However, DP has removed this effect and so even when 1 Spark dies, the other Spark will lose 1 attack but won't die. Much easier for grinding now
    IGN: A1 ShadowBeast

I'm interested in seeing how you plan to kill a shadow

MY COTC DECKS
    Nishaven Hybrid

MY DP DECKS
    FT Trollers #1 Baduruu Shutdown

Ter Stripper

Serena the Card Sharp

A1:Evolution in Theory

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thank you for clarification. I don't get idea of pure grinding. I like to troll AI a bit too