Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

New Player Seeking Advice

I am new to Shadow Era. Fairly new to this style of game. I have put in some time reading through some forums and articles to help get myself started. I am doing ok against the AI, but feel like i still have a lot to learn. Looking for a Mentor to help me out.
    Thank you in advance.

IGN: Gheriden

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Apply to a guild...BP is the BEST guild around...dont call them, they'll call you.

Welcome to the forums!
    IGN A1 WrathOfCroft

The Unique Never Assimilate

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    i have a fairly weak deck at the moment, but am working on trying to bulk it up a bit. What is the best way to get advice on my current build?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Gheriden View Post
    i have a fairly weak deck at the moment, but am working on trying to bulk it up a bit. What is the best way to get advice on my current build?
    Post it right here (or in the relevant class forum).
    FDL TV!

Channel | Thread | Twitter
    Deck Techs, Game Commentary, Replay Analysis and more!

FDL Tips: The Metagame, Balance and You || Empty Hands
    LL Decklists: Serena || Elementalis

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Well to play real people, u need a 40 card deck....try to concentrate on getting portals and at least 4x fireball and 4x lightning strike for starters

Edit: my bad I see u have 4x those...drop the arcane blast...its kind of not a great card...or atleast it was before sf...now im not sure. But u need more allies for sure...replace blast with portals and try to get some shadow knights
    IGN A1 WrathOfCroft

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Also, drop the poison gas and flames...too expensive imo...u need at least 4 2cc allies..ironhide karash is awesome
    IGN A1 WrathOfCroft

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by WrathOfCroft View Post
    Also, drop the poison gas and flames...too expensive imo...u need at least 4 2cc allies..ironhide karash is awesome
    Thank you. Will work on trying to make those changes. I appreciate the advice.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Gheriden View Post
    I am new to Shadow Era. Fairly new to this style of game. I have put in some time reading through some forums and articles to help get myself started. I am doing ok against the AI, but feel like i still have a lot to learn. Looking for a Mentor to help me out.
    Thank you in advance.

IGN: Gheriden
    Welcome to the Shadow Era game and community Gheriden!

This is one of the most mature and developed gaming communities that I have been a part of and its members are very generous with their knowledge and advice. Continue to read articles and threads in these forums and its associated fan sites as there is a wealth of information to be soaked up from these sources.

Next, start playing Quick Matches. You're going to learn a lot from playing against real opponents (as opposed to the AI) and it will give you the opportunity to take the information that you've previously been reading and apply it to "real game" situations.

Finally, have a look in the "Guilds" sub-forum on this site and seek out a group of players that you are comfortable associating with and that meets the criteria of your gaming agenda and get involved with them.

But most of all have fun and enjoy the game!
    "When torrential water tosses boulders, it is because of its momentum.
    When the strike of a hawk breaks the body of its prey, it is because of timing."

- Sun Tzu

Proud Member of ETC