Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Exclamation Suggestions from Korean Shadow Era Forum

To developers
    From www.hungryapp.co.kr (Shadow Era Forum)

1. We want to have the chance to buy limited-editioned cards which are very expensive, number-limited, and time-limited.

2. We need to trade our cards not involving starter's cost-free deck among with several users under the safe area the developers provide. Of course, we have a mind to pay the price for the transaction tax to them. Also, secondhand goods should be tagged with the frequency of trading in order to differentiate the new from the secondhand or the secondhand from the thirdhand. If doing so, this system will attracts heavy users' attentions.

3. We do not like to show the developers' behaviers modifying cards' abillities for every updating days. We believes balancing the hero should be dependent on only the new cards.

4. Various multiplays such as a one-to-one-to-one and a two-to-two must be a stimulant for previous 'Magic The Gathering' users to join the gorgeous 'Shadow Era.'

5. Many users eargely look forward to an update having vivid and graphic animation of battles between allies.

6. We will be more comfortable if developers replace the clicking-method with the drawing-method, that is, we do not need to click 'cast' and 'sacrifice' button but to draw the cards toward the targeted areas. Not rarely, we click the button 'sacrifice' unintentionally by mistakes.

7. On an battle, we need more information including a remained time of each turn, a big indication of a hero's energy and HP, and an enemy's identity such as a ping, a nation, and a war record against us. Unless you considered the forgoings, we would be easy to be fed up with the plays.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Gantz26 View Post
    To developers
    From www.hungryapp.co.kr (Shadow Era Forum)

1. We want to have the chance to buy limited-editioned cards which are very expensive, number-limited, and time-limited.

2. We need to trade our cards not involving starter's cost-free deck among with several users under the safe area the developers provide. Of course, we have a mind to pay the price for the transaction tax to them. Also, secondhand goods should be tagged with the frequency of trading in order to differentiate the new from the secondhand or the secondhand from the thirdhand. If doing so, this system will attracts heavy users' attentions.

3. We do not like to show the developers' behaviers modifying cards' abillities for every updating days. We believes balancing the hero should be dependent on only the new cards.

4. Various multiplays such as a one-to-one-to-one and a two-to-two must be a stimulant for previous 'Magic The Gathering' users to join the gorgeous 'Shadow Era.'

5. Many users eargely look forward to an update having vivid and graphic animation of battles between allies.

6. We will be more comfortable if developers replace the clicking-method with the drawing-method, that is, we do not need to click 'cast' and 'sacrifice' button but to draw the cards toward the targeted areas. Not rarely, we click the button 'sacrifice' unintentionally by mistakes.

7. On an battle, we need more information including a remained time of each turn, a big indication of a hero's energy and HP, and an enemy's identity such as a ping, a nation, and a war record against us. Unless you considered the forgoings, we would be easy to be fed up with the plays.
    Interesting. Can I ask where the Korean SE forum website is?

Pete
    Grand Watchman of the Ancient Blue Citadel
    Warriors of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn.

Don't just witness the greatness;
    Stride with us.

To join the demonstrably greatest guild in the history of Shadow Era - click here

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    1. Typically Korean idea; all cards should be available to all people at all times, to keep the game good in the future. At best these cards should just be different art, same stats precisely as standard versions.

2. Yep, sure that's probably planned already

3. Terrible idea. Balancing old cards has to be done, and occasionally broken combos will get through the net no matter how many beta testers you have. Modifying old cards (errata) is the absolute BEST way to maintain game balance and keep the game flowing.

4. Yep, probably planned eventually too.

5. Knowing how expensive artistry and graphics is, I doubt it. The beauty of developing a CCG is you dont HAVE to do this stuff for it to work, which makes CCG games great for indie devs.

6. That method seems to have its disadvantages too. They just need a more obvious difference between cast and sacrifice, which has been brought up before. A red waterfall effect instead of blue would be ideal.

7. Agree, more info would be nice!
    Calmdown * Shadow Era Designer * Logan Stonebreaker & Brutal Minotaur Fan Club

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    "2. ...Also, secondhand goods should be tagged with the frequency of trading in order to differentiate the new from the secondhand or the secondhand from the thirdhand. If doing so, this system will attracts heavy users' attentions."

Would this really matter? It's not like its a physical item which gets worn down and loses its mint condition. People might be focused on bringing all aspects of a physical card game to the electronic format but I think some things just doesn't seem logical even if it was previously a major attraction.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Damn if they enact point 1 I might quit. lol
    Guild: Marksmen
    "We are Hunters, and you are our prey.. Fear not the allies you can see. Fear only the arrow that will pierce through your hero.."

Check out my Videos post. I will be updating it once in a while. Bump it if you watched ^^.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Actually for #1 it would be nice to have different versions of a card with same stats as the regular ones that are limited in supply and are more expensive. This would allow for a different form of cashflow for the developers (and players eventually when card trading feature goes up) in that collecting these cards becomes a hobby of some sort. Some of these special cards could even be animated. It doesn't affect the gameplay and it adds something for players to show off while playing.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Overall I agree with Calmdown here. Some of the points are fine but this isn't a tabletop CCG and should not be treated as one. The beauty of having this game online is the ability to constantly tweak it until you get it right. What drove me away from tabletop CCG's was the overwhelming numbers of cards. Everytime a card was OP or people didn't like the balance, new cards had to be released to compensate. In the end you end up banning cards that some people went through a lot of trouble to get. If you want MtG, then by all means go spend all your money there.
    "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

hmm...

I partially agree with Calmdown and understand his points enough. Thanks.
    Not long after, the developers may see my thread and the decision lies but with them not with us. I believe they decide in favor of me because it would prove of benefit to them to do so.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

koreans whant the abillity to win by paying a lot even if they are poor players ? then why don't they play MTG type 1 tournaments ?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by danae View Post
    Actually for #1 it would be nice to have different versions of a card with same stats as the regular ones that are limited in supply and are more expensive. This would allow for a different form of cashflow for the developers (and players eventually when card trading feature goes up) in that collecting these cards becomes a hobby of some sort. Some of these special cards could even be animated. It doesn't affect the gameplay and it adds something for players to show off while playing.
    Although I agree, I believe the "extra" artwork should be available to buy only with crystals (50+). It would add a unique feeling to the deck which has these cards. They could try this with a couple of cards, and if the response is good they could give more artwork (Perhaps 4-5 in each expansion) On the other hand, the cards already have excellent artwork. I can't imagine anyone wanting a different art for Aeon or any of the heroes.
    But all that are extras for when the game is complete.
    "In order to survive, we cling to all we know and understand. And we label it reality."