Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Revolt! (Fanfic)

Trying my hand at this whole fanfic dealio. Hope you enjoy.

Prologue
    Darkness surrounds me. I see nothing. I hear nothing. An infinite black, on every side. I tried exploring, years ago. Or was it days? The passage of time here is immeasurable. There was nothing to be found. I walked for days upon days, and found nothing. Just an infinite expanse of nothingness. Here I’ve spent what feels like my entire life. But it hasn’t always been like this. I lived a normal life, once. Lost in my thoughts, I didn’t notice the faint crackles of blue energy pulsating around me. I was only shaken out of my musings by the shaft of blinding light appearing overhead. It seems it’s time to go to war.

Chapter 1
    -Seventeen years ago…-
    It was a beautiful day to be alive. All was well in the kingdom, and it had been quite a while since we had anything more than a border skirmish with an agent of the Shadow. Crime was virtually non-existent, and it was a rare occurrence to see a city guard, other than breaking up the occasional drunken scuffle in the taverns. Swords and shields had become decorations, rather than instruments of war, and blacksmiths spent their days crafting things like doorknobs and candelabras.

I awoke to the sound of church bells pealing in the distance. I turned to my wife and gently roused her. “Wake up, Jas, we’ve missed morning mass.” She yawned, and flashed me a smile made of sunlight. “Come back to bed,” she murmured, “Zhanna will understand.” Excited by the thought of taking a lazy day, I crawled back under the covers and lay down. Just as I had gotten comfortable, I heard the rustle of plate armor as a city guard ran up the street, followed by a quick knock at the door. “Well, it seems we’re in trouble now,” I said with a smirk. I got out of bed, and walked to the door. A small group of guardsmen greeted me. “Good morning, sir” said Tobias, head of the castle guards. “Good morning, Tobias. I’m very sorry we’ve missed mass today, but is this really necessary?” I then noticed the pale tone of his skin, and realized something terrible had happened. “That’s not it, sir,” he said, short of breath, “Agents of the Shadow have been spotted close to the eastern border.” This was not good news, but not entirely worrisome. “Send a scout to confirm their numbers, and follow with the appropriate number of soldiers.” As I began to dismiss them, Tobias interrupted me. “That’s not it, sir. Heroes were spotted as well. Logan Stonebreaker and Majiya among them.” I felt the blood rush out of my face. A Shadow hero hadn’t been sighted in well over five years. Why now? “Gather the soldiers, and meet me at the eastern gate.” Tobias nodded, and I began to dig out my armor and weapons. Most had discarded or converted their armaments into more useful tools, but I knew I’d need these one day. Jasmine came to assist me, and once I was prepared, I set off for the eastern gate with a twinge in my gut. Something wasn’t right.

I apologize if the way it's set up makes it a little difficult to read, I typed it up in Word and C&P'd it here. Too lazy to clean it up, but I think it's worth the read regardless. Pt. 2 Coming Soon!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Looking forward to #2
    IGN: Vexmaw
    Twitter: @Vexmaw

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Looking good man!
    Extra Tough Claws - Proud Member of ETC

Articles | Decklist | Fan Fiction

Shadow Era Art Thread | PB @ DeviantArt

PFG Member | I've been interviewed!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thanks! Your fanfic is actually what made me want to write one. Haha

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Really good stuff Will be looking forward to more!
    I AM THE FRICKIN' ARCH-MAGE OF THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE!!
    Have a sword in your face!

God damn these facts getting in the way of my succes!!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    (Sorry if the dialog feels a little obtuse, it's not my strong suit)

Chapter 2
    “But the humans are fools, Logan. They’ll never see this coming” Majiya whined, juggling fireballs and hurling them at the minions. “I don’t see the need for all this secrecy. We’ve gathered all of the Shadow’s greatest, and most of the minions. Why not just attack their kingdom and be done with it?” Logan wheeled around faster than seemed possible for one of his stature, and slapped Majiya in the face. The resulting clap was so loud, everyone stopped what they were doing and stared at the two, waiting for the ensuing scuffle. Instead, Majiya allowed her fireballs to fall and burn out on the stone floor of the cave, and sank to the ground with a sullen expression on her face. “I give the orders, filthy mage, not you”. Logan spoke with a low growl, and turned to address the gathered minions of the Shadow. “We have not come to attack the humans, we’ve come to parley with them.” Shouts of outrage and gales of laughter filled the space, but they were silenced with a short but very loud roar. Darkclaw stepped forward to address the assembled group, snout pulled up in a menacing snarl. “What’s the meaning of this, Logan? Parley? With the humans? Have you lost your mind?” Logan mustered his energy for the coming argument, but instead, his shoulders sagged, and all the confidence left his stance. “I’m tired, Claw. Aren’t you?” He let out a long sigh, and resumed speaking. “Every few years, we do nothing but battle with the humans. Sometimes, we lose. Sometimes, we win. It’s pointless. It’s a never ending cycle that I’m tired of repeating.” Darkclaw seemed to react to this. Some of the menace seeped out of his snarl, and he assumed a more relaxed position. “When was the last time one of you engaged Skullcrusher?” Logan asked, indifference turning slowly into enthusiasm as he spoke. “I mean, have you SEEN that thing he calls a weapon? It’s as big as my head!” Mutters of approval peppered the crowd, and this encouraged him. “And don’t even get me started on Nishaven. He can kill most of our minions with a single spell. It’s become too much. Too much sensless war, and for what? Land? We have enough. Glory? What is glory to the dead? I say we end this now, and bring peace to this land!” The cave erupted in applause, even some of the Shadow’s heroes joining in. Suddenly, a bolt of dark energy shot up to the ceiling and shook the cave. The crowd grew silent, and Gravebone stepped forward. “Logan, you fool. What of the prophecy? You know what happens when the fighting stops.” Logan chuckled. Mages and their lore, he thought. “Garbage, if you ask me. I don’t believe in prophecies, I believe in saving my people from utter extinction at the hands of the humans.” Logan dismissed Gravebone at this, and resumed his speech. Quietly making his exit, Gravebone began to mutter under his breath. “A curse upon you, Logan Stonebreaker. You’ll doom us all!”

FOOTNOTES
    *This isn’t going to end in peace, just saying. Haha.
    *I imagine Majiya to be like Bellatrix LeStrange from HP, but more annoying.
    *Not bashing Nish, just works for a bit of comedy in the story.
    Last edited by CyrusKhane; 04-11-2013 at 10:39 PM.