Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

SE Short: Wizent's Journal (Part 1)

Loest was exhausted. His body ached from the overexertion caused by so many days on the run. His father's last request, that his diary be protected at any cost, had certainly taken its toll on the young man. Yet never once had he stopped to draw the book from its protective leather case and read it. He was willing, and already had far too often, to risk his life as steward of words he'd never known.

Without realizing it his hand was already tugging the book from his bag, untying the strings that sealed it from the outside world. He paused for a moment to find a better place to rest, searching for a brush dense enough to obscure himself from the sight of any forces that might be close enough to see him. Satisfied he was hidden well enough, he gave a brief thought to the fact these knots had been tied by the head priest of Arada before his untimely death.

Choking back his feelings of guilt, Loest opened the book and at last read the words that held the truth of his fate in them. The words that held the secrets he prayed, in his own way, could save Balor. The last words of Wizent.

Firesday the 16th of Meadmaan, 998 L.W.
    It's been a long year, and though it is only a little over 2 months from closing altogether, I find myself aging faster now than ever before. Rothem has always been a good man, and a fair king, but sometimes I think there's too much history in his blood. The Last War approaches a thousand years gone, and yet he still believes Layar needs to show the rest of the world its prowess. The parades have always been a little exuberant for my taste, but this new fortress he's planning is just too much.

Few men have ever claimed to climb to the peaks of Mt. Balor, yet the king seeks to build atop it! True, he's not so foolish that he believes the summit would be suitable, but I'd not be shocked to learn that he tries to add a spire to the plans to rise above the sky itself. Were I not so sure the man held the priesthoods in such high regard, I'd swear the fool was trying to end me all on his own. Wasn't Nishaven raised alongside him to be an adviser the man could trust? Bah, too much of the king's pride is in both of them!

Though I can't claim the king works alone to bring my wits to an end. My own son seeks to unravel me, or so it seems most days. I can understand a crisis of faith, but to openly claim he holds no belief in the Seven Gods of Balor at all? That is just beyond me. He cites the darkness in our world as his cause, and many among our temple believe it to be his heritage. Not that we know who the boy's biological parents could be, but my own disciple swears he must hail from Lyth to utter these things. So, of course, she has to be the one teaching the class in which my son decides to blurt his newly found 'beliefs' in. Zhanna's always been a passionate follower of our goddess, and I've always considered that a credit to her character. Apparently, I was mistaken in this regard as it became my great sadness when she decided to bring her confusion to my chambers last night, seeking clarity to impart to my son on my behalf.

I hold little hope that Snomaan or Wolfmaan will hold any better tidings, and so thus I pray to Arada that the final year of the Last War's millennium will bring some much needed cause for relaxation. Perhaps by Seedmaan Rothem and Loest alike will have abandoned their wild notions. I might even live to see the ages turn!
    Last edited by NachyoChez; 04-11-2013 at 12:48 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Great read as usual!
    Last edited by Demnchi; 04-10-2013 at 07:51 PM.
    Was the Leader of Acolytes of A1

A1's Dimensional Eyes in the Sky
    A1 Alliance: Evolution in Theory
    PFG3 Leader

Was Shadow Era Community Manager

Sota, The Switch Axe Monster Hunter

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."
    "Humans fight to secure peace as they envision it. The trouble is, everyone's vision is different." - Ringabel

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Great read. I asked this in the previous thread as well, but it wasn't answered: Is there any chance that the lore will ever be added inside the game? It would give the game, and especially the campaign a ton of depth.
    iClipse - A1's Twilight Manipulator - A1 : Evolution in Theory
    Part of PFG

• My psychiatrist told me I was crazy and I said I want a second opinion. He said okay, you're ugly too.

• Just remember...if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off.

• With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.

• I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not sure.

• A diplomat is someone who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you will look forward to the trip.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Looking forward to more!
    Extra Tough Claws - Proud Member of ETC

Articles | Decklist | Fan Fiction

Shadow Era Art Thread | PB @ DeviantArt

PFG Member | I've been interviewed!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Definitely needs to be added in the game. Even if it was just an area where you read the story.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by danae View Post
    Definitely needs to be added in the game. Even if it was just an area where you read the story.
    Maybe find excerpts from the journal as you move through the campaign, every 5 missions or so.
    Extra Tough Claws - Proud Member of ETC

Articles | Decklist | Fan Fiction

Shadow Era Art Thread | PB @ DeviantArt

PFG Member | I've been interviewed!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The upcoming campaign will be completely based on the lore. These shorts are just meant to be appetizers to bigger entrees!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Sweet read! Can't wait for more!
    The bitterest truth is always better than the sweetest lie.
    If you are reading this, congratulations, you survived the end of the world.

In Game Name: PPUOD Pretty Pretty Unicorn Of Death

Member of Shadow Era Network, Shadow Era Community Hub,Join Today!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by NachyoChez View Post
    The upcoming campaign will be completely based on the lore. These shorts are just meant to be appetizers to bigger entrees!
    Cool. Thanks
    iClipse - A1's Twilight Manipulator - A1 : Evolution in Theory
    Part of PFG

• My psychiatrist told me I was crazy and I said I want a second opinion. He said okay, you're ugly too.

• Just remember...if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off.

• With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.

• I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not sure.

• A diplomat is someone who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you will look forward to the trip.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I mean I heard of lore being integrated into MMOs, RPGs, etc. but not that much into TCGs O_O (Though Magic is pretty decent with from what I hear.)

Can I ask - how far back are you going to go into Balor's history?
    Proud member of TEAM JUGGERNAUTS!

Sea1111

^^The Shadow Crystal's Energy was taken,
    Eladwen froze the enemy's Ally,
    Majiya froze as her Fire Snake dies,
    Blake Windrunner strikes the final blow, upon the enemy,
    And Majiya was no more.^
    ^

--Random Thing that I Thought Of--

My theme song, cause Gondorian forced me to:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8KQmps-Sog