Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

CotC Nishaven Hybrid-I'm better than Elad

So I started out as most people did with Elad Rush and climbed high enough to 230. But as we all know Elad Rush is overreliant on getting a good starting hand. Bad hand= Defeat screen. So after a spree of bad hands that saw me lose 6 games in a row, I set about to build a deck that rushes as well as Elad but doesn't immediately gets rolled over by a bad start.This Nishaven rushes damn well while being able to dish out powerful mid-game pain with both abilities AND allies, something that all-out rush Elad couldn't do.

Nishaven

ALLIES(19)
    Kris x4
    Puwen x4
    PotL x4
    Aldon x3
    TO x4

ABILITIES
    Fireball x4
    Lightning Strike x4
    Supernova x3
    Bad Santa x3
    Honored Dead x3
    LLN x2

WEAPONS
    DoU x2

Nishaven's ability use is very rare. Most games I only use it once, sometimes not at all. When it is used however, it's a gamechanger. When to use his ability is more gut-feeling than anything else. I've used it when my opponent only has 1 ally on the board, I've used it when I have a board full of my own allies all based on gut-feeling and I've came out victorious. When you use it you'll want to make sure you can play some allies to retake the board on the same turn or at least make it a real boardwipe by combining with LS or Supernova. Main reason why I chose Nish over Elad was because of Sandworms, the moment 2-3 Sandworms come into play against Elad and she can't double nova them, she's dead. Check out

AA1 ShadowBeast vs TranscendingSoul
    Lots of nice plays. There was a point when he had three Sandworms and an Aldon on the field. I don't usually worry about Sandworms but coupled with Aldon and a potential second KP to come, they can be quite painful. Hence Nish's ability+ Supernova really saved the game and allowed me to take back the board. That's what I mean when i say Nish is a gamechanger. Just remember that his ability isn't meant to be spammed or to kill as many allies as possible(though that would be nice too.

ALLIES
    Your standard Human rush that can be quite effective combined with Nish's boardwipe since you'll be dropping them on an empty board, it's almost the same as starting the game all over again and rushing with your weenies. Casting TO just before a boardwipe is rather risky since ill rather use him as a meat shield but if your really running low on cards then why not. Aldon is a really key ally being able to put a lot of hurt with sufficient allies

BURN
    Again watch my match against TranscendingSoul when I used a Fireball against T3 Jasmine, something that Elad would be rather reluctant to do. However since you can also rely on your allies to do late game damage(Elad goes face burn without allies), using your burn on allies isn't a really big problem.

DRAW
    Incredibly powerful draw here, all of their draw power combined equates to 20 cards pretty much half your deck. You should be drawing twice per turn on average. Bad Santa is more risky but pulling of a Santa Bomb can really put you ahead in terms of card advantage, also can be used to fish for your burn finisher

DoU is more for stall and safeguarding your weenies so you can mass them on the board.

Overall this deck is more slower than the usual Eladwen but its more stable and safer and will probably win you more games
    IGN: A1 ShadowBeast

I'm interested in seeing how you plan to kill a shadow

MY COTC DECKS
    Nishaven Hybrid

MY DP DECKS
    FT Trollers #1 Baduruu Shutdown

Ter Stripper

Serena the Card Sharp

A1:Evolution in Theory

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    looks similar to mine but i dont run weapons or bad santas i got 4x blakes 3x portal andpoor quality for LLN
    also Nish abality gets used alot more to make the most of portal and TO

all in all great deck
    Last edited by Frantic; 04-10-2013 at 11:26 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blakes are too risky dies to DMT and Kris. Portals are too slow and LLN is more tech against Spelleaters however unlikely they are to appear, used to run Poor Quality too but it's too slow and doesn't handle Spelleaters

MY COTC DECKS
    Nishaven Hybrid

MY DP DECKS

Ter Stripper

Serena the Card Sharp

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowborn View Post
    Blakes are too risky dies to DMT and Kris. Portals are too slow and LLN is more tech against Spelleaters however unlikely they are to appear, used to run Poor Quality too but it's too slow and doesn't handle Spelleaters
    It depends going second t4 portal t5 ability blake aldon turn 6 blake PotL or Jas is often gg. Its all really a matter of taste though.

Nice deck though I'm always a fan of allied Nish.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Yes, this is an adjusted version of "Storm" set.
    Any idea with DP cards?
    a memeber of E2E (Enlisted to Endure)
    Christian Gaming Community

"that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; that you, being rooted and grounded in love, may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the width and length and depth and height,"
    ---Ephesians 3:17-18

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Testing it out. So far I've swapped HD for Treasured Heirloom. Do you mind linking me to the "Storm" deck?

MY COTC DECKS
    Nishaven Hybrid

MY DP DECKS

Ter Stripper

Serena the Card Sharp

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowborn View Post
    Testing it out. So far I've swapped HD for Treasured Heirloom. Do you mind linking me to the "Storm" deck?
    It's in Chinese. Great minds think alike. 8-)
    a memeber of E2E (Enlisted to Endure)
    Christian Gaming Community

"that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; that you, being rooted and grounded in love, may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the width and length and depth and height,"
    ---Ephesians 3:17-18

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The whole of SE forums are great minds then :P. 谁说我不懂怎么讲话语?我是从新加坡。我当然懂得华语

MY COTC DECKS
    Nishaven Hybrid

MY DP DECKS

Ter Stripper

Serena the Card Sharp

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I think without any DP cards, this deck will still do well in the current Live Server.
    Maybe, just maybe, 2CC split to Puwen2/CoI2. And as you said, include some Treasured Heirloom.

But without the change, still strong in my opinion.
    Psalm 91:7 A thousand may fall at your side, ten thousand at your right hand, but it will not come near you.

Zhou - Servant of the Eternal Saviour
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn.

IGN | BP Zhou | Information on my Guild | Group | SE Players of Malaysia | Tournaments | BP Popup #37

BP Hispanic | Link a la rama hispana de BP
    SE Achievements | Full List
    Articles/Guides | FAQs for New Players and Forum Goers