Close

Threaded View

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

High-Significance Game Result Fixing

I frequently play MD on live server and just as frequently the game freezes and both players see that it's the other player's turn - usually I'm winning when this happens and for whatever reason it usually happens right as I'm about to win next turn. Whenever I see this happen and I'm about to lose next turn I say 'gg' and leave and let my opponent take the win, however most people are real assholes about it and despite the fact they know they are about to lose they just leave the game on and hope I'll quit the game out of frustration and they'll get the win.

This really bothers me (obviously) and it bothers a lot of other players too I imagine, especially those with high ranks and Meltdown scores.

Is there anything we can do to get the win without waiting a very long time?

If not, my suggestion is either:
    a) Fix the damn bug (seriously, it's been a year)
    b) Implement some way where the rankings/gold of the game can be given to the real winner until the bug is repaired. Some sort of in-game 'help' button where a moderator manually looks at the game and gives a ruling or a post-game report area which a mod would then go into the game database and fix the result of the game, would work for a temporary fix.
    c) If you need a temporary-temporary fix while you implement the other temporary fix just throw down some code to auto-end a game in a draw if it's been 3 mins and no player has clicked 'End Turn'. That would work unless the code has an infinite loop somewhere...
    Last edited by Flynn; 04-06-2013 at 03:29 PM.
    Flynn

My opinion on the BP guild and glitches in Shadow Era. I think it's <removed>.

Decks
    Zaladar - CotC Mill | Victor - CotC Solo | All my good decks are a secret

Card Design
    Warriors of the Blue Phoenix Guild Cards | World Beyond - The Warlock's Grimoire | Trollface