Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Found a hacker, cheater, or exploit? [Read here first!]

Hi forum goers!

Every so often players will come to these forums to report cheaters. There are a number of reasons why this is something you should not do. If you find a cheater, hacker, or discover an exploit within the game, please do not post about it here on the forums. Instead, send an email to support@shadowera.com with details about the situation.

You may be wondering why you should do that instead of posting about it here. There are several reasons why:

1. A post on the forums does not report the problem:

Those with the power to correct any of these problems do not view the forums actively looking for them. These forums are for reporting bugs (problems within the game) and not reporting hackers. When you send an email to the support staff, it gets in line with other reports and they will get to it when they can. If its reported here via a forum post, its not in their system and they may never realize the problem existed. Posting here does not guarantee the problem will be solved.

2. Forumers/Players are not the Judges:

When you post about a certain player and claim they are a hacker/cheater, you instantly bring that person under the microscope of his/her peers. This can cause many more problems than it will solve. For one, that person may not be a cheater, but instead is the victim of a bug/sync-error that made it appear as though he was cheating. This could easily harm not only a players reputation, but also his experience in playing the game. As many people will treat him/her differently based on these claims, despite rather or not they are true.

Forumers/Players also do not have the tools to access the game's information to confirm if such claims are legitimate, however the support staff do. They can investigate and determine if action is necessary. When you report to the support staff instead of posting here on the forums you: 1.Ensure the player is properly reported, 2.The correct people can make the proper decision, 3. Their name is not tarnished should it turn out to be a false claim, 4.Punishment is handed out to true claims.

3. Silence is Golden:

Reporting these problems in silence prevents more problems that could arise from posting on the forums. I've already mentioned one such issue about calling out specific players. There are many more as well that could easily be prevented by never mentioning the situation on the forums or in the IRC chat rooms or anywhere else.

When it comes to exploits, its best for the game and the community to keep quiet about them and report them to the support staff. This is because an exploit could damage the game and/or cause accounts to be banned for abusing it. When you report it silently, it can be fixed before such a catastrophe can happen.

Thank you for taking the time out to read this. I hope you will prevent these problems from occurring in the future by reporting them to the support staff. It may take some time for them to respond, but they will figure out whats going on and take the appropriate actions. Ensure your contribution to the community, by persevering it in the proper manner.

Your friendly neighborhood moderator,

Demnchi

(For any questions or concerns regarding this, please send me a Personal Message by clicking my name in the top left hand corner of this post, and then select "Private Message" or post below.)
    Last edited by Demnchi; 04-25-2013 at 12:09 AM. Reason: Color change to match forum changes
    Was the Leader of Acolytes of A1

A1's Dimensional Eyes in the Sky
    A1 Alliance: Evolution in Theory
    PFG3 Leader

Was Shadow Era Community Manager

Sota, The Switch Axe Monster Hunter

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."
    "Humans fight to secure peace as they envision it. The trouble is, everyone's vision is different." - Ringabel

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I hope everybody read this

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I doubt it hehe

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I believe that Colosal hopes that everybody will read it...
    <heh>
    Least active member of: ETC (Ended There by Chance)
    Account for Gondorian to transfer Shadow Crystals to: m0ghedian

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Colosal View Post
    I hope everybody read this
    This post seems to be doing its job though. After I posted it I've seen quite a drop in the number of times people have reported cheaters to the forums. I still link it every now and then though.

PFG3 Leader

"Humans fight to secure peace as they envision it. The trouble is, everyone's vision is different." - Ringabel

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Sticky! Maybe on Game Discussions would get more attention...and the colour, some of them are hard to be seen.
    Psalm 91:7 A thousand may fall at your side, ten thousand at your right hand, but it will not come near you.

Zhou - Servant of the Eternal Saviour
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn.

IGN | BP Zhou | Information on my Guild | Group | SE Players of Malaysia | Tournaments | BP Popup #37

BP Hispanic | Link a la rama hispana de BP
    SE Achievements | Full List
    Articles/Guides | FAQs for New Players and Forum Goers

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhou86 View Post
    Sticky! Maybe on Game Discussions would get more attention...and the colour, some of them are hard to be seen.
    Its already a sticky, its been up there for some time, I guess I should change the color. It looked nice in the old forum back drop.

Hmmm, as for adding it to Game Discussions, I'll think about it. I don't want to put too many stickies in that section. I posted it here because its usually where I was seeing the most "X is hacking" threads.

PFG3 Leader

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    I'm surprised this thread has worked as well as it does. It would seem the last thing a newb who has no idea about sync errors would actually read any stickies before rage posting about haxers.
    Shallow Era Channel and Blog
    Enhancing The Community, etc.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    lol if they just make a cheat to get gold its ok .. but some cheats when they enter a match they do somthing and draw 4 cards ... they win by this

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I was always curious about what to do if I encountered that situation. Glad to have these reminders! It's definitely more dignified that shouting and pointing fingers.