Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

OP DD & Millstalkers -nothing has changed with DP :(

So Ive been playing on the test server for over a week now and my conclusions are thus:

1. Direct (mage) damage is still over-powered. Theres no real counter; what's the point of having all these cool allies and the vast amount of (new) attachments if they can just be blown away in a single turn by DD...?

2. Millstalkers are still a major source of negative gameplay (surely this should have been fixed?)

-no doubt I'll get a ton of hate for posting this -but its the disappointing truth as I see it...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hmm... DD and Millstalkers are even not OP in CotC... they are just annoying, but not OP... Hmmm...
    Buried Treasure of Nanana
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix/ Greatness, Reborn
    My tournament achievements

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Yeah, neither are OP and DD will pretty much always be strong.

As for millstalker, you simply have some more options against him now should you really wish to run them. This thread has some good tips on how to face Millstalker.
    Was the Leader of Acolytes of A1

A1's Dimensional Eyes in the Sky
    A1 Alliance: Evolution in Theory
    PFG3 Leader

Was Shadow Era Community Manager

Sota, The Switch Axe Monster Hunter

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."
    "Humans fight to secure peace as they envision it. The trouble is, everyone's vision is different." - Ringabel

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Demnchi View Post
    Yeah, neither are OP and DD will pretty much always be strong.

As for millstalker, you simply have some more options against him now should you really wish to run them. This thread has some good tips on how to face Millstalker.
    Do note that in that thread there is not the mention of a single Dark Prophecies card. So the OP's points are still valid.
    iClipse - A1's Twilight Manipulator - A1 : Evolution in Theory
    Part of PFG

• My psychiatrist told me I was crazy and I said I want a second opinion. He said okay, you're ugly too.

• Just remember...if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off.

• With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.

• I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not sure.

• A diplomat is someone who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you will look forward to the trip.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by iClipse View Post
    Do note that in that thread there is not the mention of a single Dark Prophecies card. So the OP's points are still valid.
    Well that's fine, all I said was there are more options in DP and that there was a thread with some good tips to face him.
    Was the Leader of Acolytes of A1

A1's Dimensional Eyes in the Sky
    A1 Alliance: Evolution in Theory
    PFG3 Leader

Was Shadow Era Community Manager

Sota, The Switch Axe Monster Hunter

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."
    "Humans fight to secure peace as they envision it. The trouble is, everyone's vision is different." - Ringabel

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by iClipse View Post
    There was mention in the second page although somewhat indirectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Raphael Majere View Post

If nowhere to hide or grundler's double or artful squire were added as a part of a series of minor updates instead of 1 x massive 150 card expansion, I am sure millstalker players would be greatly reduced.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Millstalker has been addressed by others.

Let me address the other point about Mage and DD.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave163 View Post

1. Direct (mage) damage is still over-powered. Theres no real counter; what's the point of having all these cool allies and the vast amount of (new) attachments if they can just be blown away in a single turn by DD...?
    DP has actually make it harder to rely on burn spell alone. In the past nova is a certain board reset at T5. This is no longer the case in DP. You have a lot of allies with 6 or more health. Example disciple of Aldmor, which is great against Eladwen and Majiya because she can survive a nova AND she cannot be targeted by their ability.

Another ally that fares reasonably well is Furrion Terror. While it dies to a Lightning Strike, it cannot be killed by a nova. I will time FT when the opponent has to choose between Nova-ing or to take more damage from the other allies. Example, you have 2 allies out and you cast FT. Now you have 3 allies and the opponent has to choose between nova-ing to clear the other 2 allies, or to kill FT first and giving your 2 allies 1 more turn to deal damage.
    A1's Mustard-Seed Knight of Hope (IGN:A1 atomzed)
    Also a member of PFG1 and PFG2
    Rank #7 in Inaugural Meltdown Tourney
    Singapore Rep for Street Fighter Tournament

"Rapid analysis, accurate judgement, and superb powers of concentration...That is all we need." - Lezard Valeth

Proud member of A1 - Evolution in Theory
    Project Omega - Card Analysis and Strategy Guide

My Articles
    Deck size and Probability - A case for (slightly) bigger deck
    Meltdown Tier and Payout Analysis

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I, like Atom, have found DD less reliable in Dark Prophecies. So many heavy allies means you have to combine damage sources to take them out, and that's a huge drain in resources and tempo, and a loss of card advantage. You need allies to mitigate that.

Also Gwen can now really bring the hurt on Millstalker with Grundlers. Like REALLY bring the hurt.
    Extra Tough Claws - Proud Member of ETC

Articles | Decklist | Fan Fiction

Shadow Era Art Thread | PB @ DeviantArt

PFG Member | I've been interviewed!