Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

How to deal with fire and Poisoning

Greeting, I have trouble with fire and poison. Once my hero is on fire or poisoned, I will lose point round by round, then defeat. How to remove such effect? Thanks!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Welcome to the game and forums achearth!

Poison and Ablaze effects can seem quite annoying at first, although with practice you can learn how to win despite them. I'm assuming you're mostly dealing with things like Poison Gas and Engulfing Flames here, which quite honestly are relatively weak at high level play, especially if they are played on turn 4. For me if a mage plays one of those cards on turn 4 I really don't mind, because it means they didn't play an ally onto the board which I have to deal with, which gives me time to set up my board.

As for specific cards which could remove these cards, Jericho Spellbane and Healing Touch can remove these effects for Priests, Regeneration can remove them for Wulvens, and once the expansion comes out, Paladin of Unaxio and Rejuvenating Ritual can remove them for Humans in general. I might be forgetting some other such cards, but those are the ones I can think of off the top of my head.
    "IT'S TIME TO DUEL!!!"
    "The Magnificent."
    Account for any future SC transfers by Gondorian: BP tman507

Member of PFG3
    Master of Hand-to-hand Combat
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Official Shadow Era Wiki Moderator

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thanks for reply! Guess need more play to understand the whole concept.

1.27 Tournament Champion Raphael Majere's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by achearth View Post
    Greeting, I have trouble with fire and poison. Once my hero is on fire or poisoned, I will lose point round by round, then defeat. How to remove such effect? Thanks!
    To put it in a short and sweet answer, if you are poisoned or on fire, you are placed on a time limit, which means to say, unless you can out-heal the damage or remove the status of being poisoned or flamed, you'll die eventually.

Being on a time limit simply means you have to find ways to kill your opponent before he kills you. In most scenarios, that is the better solution as compared to looking for ways to remove the poison or flames.

On a larger picture, trying to kill your opponent faster than he kills you is the basis of the game anyways.

For example, casting a blood frenzy is also like being poisoned or flamed, but in exchange for the loss of 1 life per turn, the warrior draws 2 cards instead of 1, in the hope that exchange is worth it; hopefully being able to summon more weapons/allies/spells in an attempt to achieve victory faster than the opposing hero.

I am sure you'll learn all the tricks and intricacies in no time. You can check out the links for new players in my sig; if you are using a browser.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Got it. The best defense is attack. As a beginner, I'm a little bit panic when watching my hero burning down.
    Thanks!

1.27 Tournament Champion Raphael Majere's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by achearth View Post
    Got it. The best defense is attack.
    yes, that's it.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Welcome to the forums!

Feel free to ask us anymore questions you might have.
    Or you can visit this link: http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....ayers-amp-FAQs for more info!
    Psalm 91:7 A thousand may fall at your side, ten thousand at your right hand, but it will not come near you.

Zhou - Servant of the Eternal Saviour
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn.

IGN | BP Zhou | Information on my Guild | Group | SE Players of Malaysia | Tournaments | BP Popup #37

BP Hispanic | Link a la rama hispana de BP
    SE Achievements | Full List
    Articles/Guides | FAQs for New Players and Forum Goers

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Don't forget Spelleater Bands for Hunters. When the meta had a lot of direct damage Mages, it was quite delicious to negate half a deck with one card.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    those 2 cards are why I play mage
    But now my mage deck don't have those cards

Kill him before you burn to ash
    I'm from Thailand boardgame club
    If you ever going to Thailand feel free to contact me if you want to play some boardgame
    we have meeting every saturday

$610.08

I buy : Gift Code
    Sell : CotC / DP boosters cotc/Dp complete CotC/DP premium/exclusive PM me