Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tempo Eladwen

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Tempo Eladwen

Not quite the aggro we're used to see but not quite the fatty spam we're used to see either.

Eladwen

2x Jasmine Rosecult
    4x Puwen Bloodhelm
    4x Aldon the Brave
    2x Champion of Irum
    3x Layarian Seductress

4x Fireball
    4x Lightning Strike
    2x Supernova
    4x Retreat
    4x Bad Santa
    3x Consuming Fear

3x Tome of Knowledge

Total 40

I don't really know what else to really say. Get some dudes on the board, keep the dudes on the board, chip damage in until the opponent dies. If he wipes, play another dude and repeat.
    Last edited by Airact; 03-25-2013 at 08:08 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Nice deck... Must try it out :-)

How's it working for you? Any weak spots?
    Best Regards,

Bobbypim
    [ Warwizard of the Jutland Plains ]

Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn
    ( Read about my guild )

IGN: BP Bobbypim

Card designs:
    Dwarven Aid | Undead Siege | Viking Storm | Heroes Rising | Coming of Dragons
    Trackers of Night | Keystones

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Pretty much same as Mages in general, Amber will be decently problematic, same with faster Hunters.

Also solo DC is difficult to deal with but I wouldn't really worry about that.

The difference between this and a standard rush Elad is that while I can't kill early, I also don't get fucked over if I don't get a t1 and a t2 play. Also this deck can counter rushes better than most Mage builds.

Banned
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I think you're really shooting yourself in the foot for a LOT of matchups by not playing ANY item destruction, no aoens, or even so much as a snow saph.

Late game is really weak (obviously intentional), but without a t1 play you won't get the ridiculous FTA either.

Sorry, but I really don't think its strong at all.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by JeetKuneDo View Post
    I think you're really shooting yourself in the foot for a LOT of matchups by not playing ANY item destruction, no aoens, or even so much as a snow saph.

Late game is really weak (obviously intentional), but without a t1 play you won't get the ridiculous FTA either.

Sorry, but I really don't think its strong at all.
    Only item i can foresee worth packing item destruction for is Spelleater Bands and then those classes have no boardwipes so you can probably afford to swarm the field and slowly whittle down Spelleater‘s dura. Not sure about Aeon but no self-respectin tempo-aggro mage deck will play SS. Its way too defensive and costs way too much tempo. If you do play it your probably dead already
    IGN: A1 ShadowBeast

I'm interested in seeing how you plan to kill a shadow

MY COTC DECKS
    Nishaven Hybrid

MY DP DECKS
    FT Trollers #1 Baduruu Shutdown

Ter Stripper

Serena the Card Sharp

A1:Evolution in Theory

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowborn View Post
    Only item i can foresee worth packing item destruction for is Spelleater Bands and then those classes have no boardwipes so you can probably afford to swarm the field and slowly whittle down Spelleater‘s dura. Not sure about Aeon but no self-respectin tempo-aggro mage deck will play SS. Its way too defensive and costs way too much tempo. If you do play it your probably dead already
    Amber's JD could be a big problem, and destruction for people's draw engines would be a good idea too... Packing some artful squires would be good for the deck imo Also, as Jeet says, the deck has no real early or late game power, and could really use a few fatties to beef up the end game.
    (Please don't confuse my constructive criticism with disrespect for Airacts deck building skills )
    I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant; it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.
    Enlightened Technological Creature
    A Proud Member of ETC
    My 10 step guide to deck building
    My published 1.6 decks

Banned
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowborn View Post
    I only referred to SS being there as SOMETHING to stop DC and Gwen from getting a free win on you, I don't like to run it in my mage decks either.

If you think spelleater-bands is the only item you'd have to worry about we aren't even playing the same game, so that's all I'll say on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mew Two View Post
    Amber's JD could be a big problem, and destruction for people's draw engines would be a good idea too... Packing some artful squires would be good for the deck imo Also, as Jeet says, the deck has no real early or late game power, and could really use a few fatties to beef up the end game.
    (Please don't confuse my constructive criticism with disrespect for Airacts deck building skills )
    Exactly. I can see sacrificing end game to try to win by T4, or sacrificing early game to try to wipe the board and dominate late game, but this deck sacrifices both, and really has neither.

I was SO glad humans got great <4 item destruction in the form of Squires. I put two in all my mage decks.

And I don't think we have to worry about people taking criticism the wrong way here. If they weren't prepared for that they should've called the thread "Come shower me and my deck with praise"
    Last edited by JeetKuneDo; 03-31-2013 at 05:33 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Airact View Post
    Not quite the aggro we're used to see but not quite the fatty spam we're used to see either.

Eladwen

2x Jasmine Rosecult
    4x Puwen Bloodhelm
    4x Aldon the Brave
    2x Champion of Irum
    3x Layarian Seductress

4x Fireball
    4x Lightning Strike
    2x Supernova
    4x Retreat
    4x Bad Santa
    3x Consuming Fear

3x Tome of Knowledge

Total 40

I don't really know what else to really say. Get some dudes on the board, keep the dudes on the board, chip damage in until the opponent dies. If he wipes, play another dude and repeat.

I'd like to know what's your take on Layarian Seductress compared to PotL

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    So I'm confused...are you recommending that he includes LLN, SS, Aeon, or Squire? If so...what is he taking out?

Airact identified in the OP that it was neither Aggro, Rush, or Fatty Spam so we don't need to go about cataloging all the things that it doesn't do...but rather try to figure out what it is aiming for and if there is a way to make that better. It is a tempo deck. It isn't trying to rush...nor drop a fatty. It is trying to mitigate the opponents board control through the middle game with cheap tempo/control/ally plays while maintaining a modest but steady board presence before transitioning to a burn finish. While it might not be to everyone's taste...this is a viable way to play.

As for the deck...I love Squire but I don't think it makes sense in this because you just end up feeding them back what you break with BS. However, I might also experiment with draw options that don't lose as much tempo as Tome...such as TO, TH, or HD...but all in all an interesting offering...thanks mate.
    Courageous Wanderer of the Pointless Forest
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by JeetKuneDo View Post
    I only referred to SS being there as SOMETHING to stop DC and Gwen from getting a free win on you, I don't like to run it in my mage decks either.

If you think spelleater-bands is the only item you'd have to worry about we aren't even playing the same game, so that's all I'll say on that.

Exactly. I can see sacrificing end game to try to win by T4, or sacrificing early game to try to wipe the board and dominate late game, but this deck sacrifices both, and really has neither.

I was SO glad humans got great <4 item destruction in the form of Squires. I put two in all my mage decks.

And I don't think we have to worry about people taking criticism the wrong way here. If they weren't prepared for that they should've called the thread "Come shower me and my deck with praise"
    Your points are good however lack of item destruction could very well be its not worth watering down a deck to turn an auto loss into a probable loss (often what SS v Gwen does since she has LLN). Squire could be good as it can be played as an ally however usually 4cc is to big a tempo kill to justify destroying an item. I would need to use this deck more than I can via the TS to say for sure. Also going for mid game is not necessarily terrible. Particularly because of the strength of 3 drops sometimes you can find something that counters the early rush then have enough mid-latish game control that slower decks have problems as well unless they are something like priests. It all depends on the deck and it is hard to say without a good amount of testing.