Close

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Fou DeLile View Post
    The more I think about it, the more I believe that it's the everything-that-isn't-an-ally-is-unique rule that hampers combo the most.

I don't really want to carry 3-4 Incense, but if they stacked, that prospect wouldn't look so bad.

Same goes for Thoughtful Investment and others.

As of right now, Artifacts have to be either very good (Tome of Knowledge) or very synergistic (Evil Ascendant) to be considered.

We already have Traps breaking this rule, maybe we need more.
    Perhaps a new keyword for items is in order. Maybe something like "Prolific" or simply "Non-unique", which would allow multiple copies.
    Extra Tough Claws - Proud Member of ETC

Articles | Decklist | Fan Fiction

Shadow Era Art Thread | PB @ DeviantArt

PFG Member | I've been interviewed!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Also note that buffing Incense of Atonement would not increase the power of the current standard Zhanna decks out there. Most Zhanna decks run no attachments, or maybe a few depending on the deck. But adding a slight buff to Incense would not make all priests as a whole stronger than they are. It would, however, create a viable new archetype in the game.

So again, currently nobody is playing Incense of Atonement competitively. A lot have posted that it is unplayable or a waste of space. It can be forgotten, or it can gain this small buff, that it also heals your hero 1 pt when an attachment is played. What are the downsides to buffing this card?
    A1 1ndeed - The Black Lotus of A1 - A1: Evolution in Theory

And who are you, the proud lord said, that I must bow so low?
    Only a cat of a different coat, that's all the truth I know.
    In a coat of gold, or a coat of red, a lion still has claws;
    And mine are long and sharp, my lord, as long and sharp as yours.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    It's bad now, but if priests got control cards like captured prey it could end up decent.
    Elder TJ

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    So attachment deck not viable in competitive play? That's sad because many of the new cards are attachments...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayzie View Post
    It's bad now, but if priests got control cards like captured prey it could end up decent.
    Maybe, but also it's still only the test server. We can make it playable now, I'm asking if there is any reason not to. In all honesty the "buff" I am asking for would still make it a bad card. (When an attachment is summoned, you gain 1 life and target opponent loses 1 life). The only objection I've read so far is that Priests have already been buffed too much in DP. My answer is that Incense of Atonement has nothing at all to do with those other priest decks. Buffing Incense of Atonement will not make those standard priest decks any more or less powerful. (They simply don't run it...and typically don't run attachments.)

Quote Originally Posted by MrNice View Post
    So attachment deck not viable in competitive play? That's sad because many of the new cards are attachments...
    I haven't seen one. There are some ally-attachments that are pretty good. (Bloodthirsty, Sacred Firewalker, others), but the problem with ally-attachments in tcgs is that you are opening yourself up to a 2-for-1. Your opponent deals with 2 of your cards for one of theirs. In an attachment based deck, you will be making these trades all game long. Sometimes there is an ally attachment that is so powerful it is still worth it to play.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    It would help Jericho for the heal, but it would also help Zhanna, which is already annoying as hell with all that heal. This card also triggers when your opponent plays an attachment, so it can easily become an overkill for Darkclaw, warriors, even priest attachment based decks (an Incense of Atonment mirror could be fun )
    So I wouldn't like if they buff it, even if I agree that all the focus on attachments is not much more than a fail.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    So why all the attachments in the first place? To have the illusion of deck diversity? If this thing turns out as bad as it seems, no one will play these cards in their decks (at least in competitive play) and we have a whole new graveyard full of unused cards.
    I am just asking myself: what use it is when there are 350 different cards but just 200 of them are useful (more or less, just to get the picture).

Also this 2 for 1 card thing 1ndeed speaks of is a general problem here. It won't go away with (possible) future expansions as stated for other cards (something like: "this card might become useful in the future if there are more cards/expansions out").
    Or didn't I understand this whole thing?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    They did introduce a lot of attachments that circumvent the 2-for-1 weakness like Treasured Heirloom and Bloodthirsty who can generate card advantage and A Lengend Rises which can be a 1-for-1 with an opponent crippling effect. On top of that, all three (plus SFW) can be used offensively to kill opposing allies and generate tempo/board/card advantage.

So they're far from bad cards.

They are still conditional on you having an ally to attach them too though and that, in itself, is limiting.

So I think we'll be seeing a lot more attachment post-DP in a variety of decks. Will Priest attachment heavy decks be tier 1, we'll have to see.

IMO, it's tier 2 but that's far from bad. It means it can compete and win but not as consistently as others. In fact, I think there will be a lot of very fun tier 2 decks.
    FDL TV!

Channel | Thread | Twitter
    Deck Techs, Game Commentary, Replay Analysis and more!

FDL Tips: The Metagame, Balance and You || Empty Hands
    LL Decklists: Serena || Elementalis

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Attachments are generally bad, but for one to be played in competitive decks its usually a very powerful one. To compensate for that, a slight buff to Incense of Atonement would help.

I dont want to discourage anyone frombuilding attachment decks. At the same time, this thread is a serious question for the DT. What are the downsides to my proposed change?

The upside will be that an entirely new strategy would become somewhat viable.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    bumping this. i didn't want to create a thread just to vent, it's a sincere question for the DT. any chance for my proposed change?