Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Tips for a troubled Badaruu

Hello all,

I was wondering if anyone had any general tips for dealing with superfocus/Infinity Core elementalis decks. As a Badaruu, I have my assortment of Perfect shots x3 and Poison Arrows x4 and Flame Arrow x2, but I never seem to have enough to damage to take them out. Eventually, the infinity core outlasts me and they carry multiples so even if I take one out they just recast it.

As a side note: I am looking for general tips. I don't like to post my decks usually as the tips I end up getting make my deck look like other decks.

The real villain here is Infinity core. At 2 CC and only 2 to use, mid-late game... it's like a lone wolf/resurrect every turn. Without carryin a bunch of shrieks, i don't know how to counter it.
    IGN: Darrkloki

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Well, my suggestion was going to be Shriek. Alternatively you should be carrying Darkwood Wraith to bounce allies instead of kill them. Make Elementalis waste his SE buffing allies only to retreat them. Only kill the ones the Wraith can't bounce.
    Extra Tough Claws - Proud Member of ETC

Articles | Decklist | Fan Fiction

Shadow Era Art Thread | PB @ DeviantArt

PFG Member | I've been interviewed!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Preybird View Post
    Well, my suggestion was going to be Shriek. Alternatively you should be carrying Darkwood Wraith to bounce allies instead of kill them. Make Elementalis waste his SE buffing allies only to retreat them. Only kill the ones the Wraith can't bounce.
    Funny you say that, I was just tweaking my decks for wraiths... lol.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Death Collector is also a possibility, though, it might get mind controlled after awhile x.x
    Was the Leader of Acolytes of A1

A1's Dimensional Eyes in the Sky
    A1 Alliance: Evolution in Theory
    PFG3 Leader

Was Shadow Era Community Manager

Sota, The Switch Axe Monster Hunter

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."
    "Humans fight to secure peace as they envision it. The trouble is, everyone's vision is different." - Ringabel

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Demnchi View Post
    Death Collector is also a possibility, though, it might get mind controlled after awhile x.x
    Yeah, that definitely ends up happening.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Demnchi View Post
    sacrificial lamb it?
    Buried Treasure of Nanana
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix/ Greatness, Reborn
    My tournament achievements

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Also Snare Trap, as it removes allies from the game, preventing them from being used with Infinity Core.
    Extra Tough Claws - Proud Member of ETC

Articles | Decklist | Fan Fiction

Shadow Era Art Thread | PB @ DeviantArt

PFG Member | I've been interviewed!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Snare Trap, Death Trap, Death Knight, Contaminated Water, Crescent of Doom, Evil Ascendant, Perfect Shot needs to be at 4, Shriek, Rapid Fire, Bloodstained Vest, Rolling Boulders.

Make him waste his energy. Save Perfect Shot for the allies that grow with damage. Make him pay more to put his allies out. Make the opAlly deaths heal for you. Redirect his attention onto the Death Knights.

Baduruu vs Elementalis is a tough, tough fight. You just have to dig in and pound away and hope for the best.
    Decks

The BOSS
    Countdown
    The Rubber Stamp/Legions of the Light
    Silence

I'm gonna have my cake, and shove it so hard down your Hero's throat that they choke on it too.

A proud member of : Team Mongoose. "Go for the eyes! Go for the throat! Mongoose!"

"Think before you speak. READ before you think."

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    One more tip: Elementalis still has a draw weakness. With enough traps and Survivalist (which triggers on nearly all traps, on weapons and armor being used up or replaced, on pretty much anything you have) you can grind him down very quickly into top-decking it. And with enough cards in your hand, you can wipe out a lot of the things he drops.

For instance: playing Baduruu and by turn 4 he's got Ascent of the Horde, a Spark and a Flare. Flare is hero buffed and has Mindless Ferocity. My turn 4 has me drop Soul Seeker, Evil Ascendent, and a Shriek on his Ascent of the Horde, with a Snare Trap in play from the turn before. Spark dies, I heal, take a hit next turn from Flare, but that dies and I heal again, he plays Infinity Core.

But so what? So far all he gets is 4 health and two crappy allies back somewhere in the maze of his 45+ deck. I keep putting down traps, most of his plays get snared out of game, and with Survivalist I get draws on nearly everything being used up. Pretty soon I have 3 Shadow Knights, another Shriek, and a Perfect Shot in hand. And he has nothing on the board and two cards in hand.

He quit when his Oggy got bounced by the Rolling Boulders trap (with Survivalist, you draw two cards!). Not that it would have mattered. Perfect Shot would insta-kill that sucker.
    Decks

The BOSS
    Countdown
    The Rubber Stamp/Legions of the Light
    Silence

I'm gonna have my cake, and shove it so hard down your Hero's throat that they choke on it too.

A proud member of : Team Mongoose. "Go for the eyes! Go for the throat! Mongoose!"

"Think before you speak. READ before you think."

Banned
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkloki View Post
    I have my assortment of Perfect shots x3 and Poison Arrows x4 and Flame Arrow x2, but I never seem to have enough to damage to take them out.
    I'd say that might be your problem actually. I don't run any of those in my baduruu deck

Just remember to take your losses in stride, as you're probably playing the worst hero in the game.