Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    DP Visionary
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Infernal Gargoyle Bug

Saw my brother play a Lightning Strike on an Infernal Gargoyle who still took 3 damage despite its damage reduction ability.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Happened with me too-gargoyle taking 2 damage from a dignitary reaper-was playing a zaladar
    He has come HE WILL CONQUER

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    If you could please give us your in-game name and the name of your opponenet and which server you were playing on, we could investigate further to see whats up. Thank you.
    Was the Leader of Acolytes of A1

A1's Dimensional Eyes in the Sky
    A1 Alliance: Evolution in Theory
    PFG3 Leader

Was Shadow Era Community Manager

Sota, The Switch Axe Monster Hunter

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."
    "Humans fight to secure peace as they envision it. The trouble is, everyone's vision is different." - Ringabel

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    In the case of the Lightning Strike, was Voltar's Ring in play by any chance? That would increase the damage to Infernal Gargoyle.

In the case of the Dimension Ripper (which is what I'm guessing you were referring to when you typed "Dignitary Reaper"), had IG been targeted by Morbid Acolyte or Layarian Diplomat?
    "IT'S TIME TO DUEL!!!"
    "The Magnificent."
    Account for any future SC transfers by Gondorian: BP tman507

Member of PFG3
    Master of Hand-to-hand Combat
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Official Shadow Era Wiki Moderator

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by importer9201 View Post
    Saw my brother play a Lightning Strike on an Infernal Gargoyle who still took 3 damage despite its damage reduction ability.
    Welcome to the forums! As Demnchi said let us know the IGN and opponents, and if it was test server or live. The bug can be investigated then, but I am betting test, like tman507 says.

Anyway welcome!
    A1 kip thorp
    the daddy daughter team of death
    Proud Graduate of Kiptergarten
    A1-Alliance ~ Evolution in Theory

A1 Alliance LEADER & Crash Test Dummy
    Check out our recruitment thread

DP Visionary
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The IGN is Finglao and it could have been an AI battle. He was using Nishaven, I believe, and could have been fighting Ter Adun or Majiya.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Unfortunately we can't look at AI battles. Was this on the test server or the live server? I ask because on live there is no way to deal 3 damage to an infernal gargoyle with lightning strike on the live server, but there is on the test server.

PFG3 Leader

"Humans fight to secure peace as they envision it. The trouble is, everyone's vision is different." - Ringabel

DP Visionary
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    How do we tell if we're on a live or test server? We aren't testers so probably live.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    lol its pretty hard to get to the test server by mistake, so I'm going to assume you're on live.

The test server is used to test new features or new cards and currently new cards are on it and will be available on live once the bugs finally get squashed.

Still, I've never heard of his effect not working, so if you see it again, please try and give more detail as to what's happening. I've been playing this for over a year now and I've never seen Lighting Strike deal 3 damage to a Garg, so this is probably a very specific case or something.

PFG3 Leader

DP Visionary
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Ok. In my latest match (IGN: importer9201) against EGTM his Gargoyle was frozen when it attacked me with Snow Sapphire on the field while I had Berserker's Edge on the field as well with Amber Rain's effect active. The Berserker's Edge only had 3 damage and dealt 3 damage to the gargoyle when Amber defended. I read in the rulebook that frozen status disables activated abilities. Is damage reduction considered an activated ability, activated by combat?