Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

From AI to PvP - Decklistcall

So I seem to have some time in my hands after a massive exam period.

Basically now that I have some time, I decided to try something:

The idea is that you guys send me some decklists, I test them out, make some changes and make a weekly(?) article (or a video, depending on how the project decides to go forward). Basically it's similar to what ReConstructed is in Magic. I'll pick one list per week and maybe do a honorable mentions section similar to what Gavin Verhey does with ReConstructed.

Initially (as in... now), I'm probably going to wait a bit for the initial batch of lists to come my way, assuming people actually send them, and then do the first week of testing and writing and stuff = The first article would be here about Monday-Tuesday, 1.- 2. of April. The initial time period is also to evaluate whether or not the project will get enough attention (as in, lists) to actually be worth making happen. Working off like 2 lists doesn't really make for a quality product. So yeah, this might get cancelled real fast but that only depends on the list count.

The lists don't have to be uber-competitive (read the name of the project) and weird/interesting ideas are welcome as long as the deck has a decent gameplan going and isn't just a bunch of cards randomly thrown together.

Dark Prophecies -expansion is included in this from the start as I have access to the test server.

Other things...? Describe the list a bit. What are your goals, how you want to do it etc. Chances are I won't touch a PM with just a list and a "you know what to do" -kind of thing. It's really hard to make changes when I don't know what you want.

If you want to send a list my way, a PM works fine and it's probably the best way.

This thread is mostly to say "Yo, this is a thing that's being done" and for you guys to write suggestions and other random mumbo jumbo that's hopefully at least slightly related. Also I might just have missed something big during the exam period and well... if a thing similar to this is being done, I'll stop.

/sleep

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Nice idea. I have a few experimental decklists that I could PM to you.
    Fire Snakes are high in Vitamin D.

Account for Gondorian to put crystalz into: Reshiram99

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    A couple decks have hit the inbox but a couple is just a couple.

Keep 'em coming

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    How's the whole thing going?
    Fire Snakes are high in Vitamin D.

Account for Gondorian to put crystalz into: Reshiram99

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Things are happening.

I'll see if I can get the article up at the scheduled time (holidays and all that jazz) but I have chosen the deck and I have a decent idea on how to go around changing it.

Didn't get that many lists but I hope people will start sending them my way once they see this is an actual thing.

From what I've experienced so far, it's really hard to make the deck not standard. That can be a definite problem in the future as standard is exactly what I don't want to make here. The point is to make as tournament level decks as possible without them being standard and I hope I have the tools to make that happen.
    Last edited by Airact; 03-29-2013 at 08:47 AM.