Close

Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by lentan View Post
    Confirmed in card rulings section. Opposing warrior with rampage with 5hp or less can survive a supernova (if I have allies on the board).
    Eh? According to his ruling an opposing warrior with rampage will not survive a supernova if he falls to 0 health because of the 5 damage. At that point he's considered dead and rampage does not heal him.
    Was the Leader of Acolytes of A1

A1's Dimensional Eyes in the Sky
    A1 Alliance: Evolution in Theory
    PFG3 Leader

Was Shadow Era Community Manager

Sota, The Switch Axe Monster Hunter

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."
    "Humans fight to secure peace as they envision it. The trouble is, everyone's vision is different." - Ringabel

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Kings Pride and Elizabeth in play on Zhanna's board. Elizabeth is injured, so she has 4 total attack. MA uses ability on Elizabeth, but her attack does not drop to 2. (I believe MA's ability works fine to keep her from drawing a card when she is at full health, however).
    A1 roustabout ~ A1's Slinking Ne'er-do-well
    A1: Evolution in Theory | www.a1-alliance.org
    I will show you fear in a handful of dust

Proleptic member of PFG3

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Demnchi View Post
    Eh? According to his ruling an opposing warrior with rampage will not survive a supernova if he falls to 0 health because of the 5 damage. At that point he's considered dead and rampage does not heal him.
    Sorry wasn't clear, I meant that it was a bug. This happened in a game I played. Warrior survived my nova. I fireballed him ftw tho lol.
    Last edited by lentan; 04-05-2013 at 04:57 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Orlangraz VS Poochie, 15m ago:
    I cannot explain everything very well, but it seemed to me that Vozitian Orders behaves badly like:
    - cannot use it's ability if cast after the allies and/or if I haste an ally before using its ability

Much worse:
    - could not haste-steal-artifacts via Agent Rex for the whole game, could not even attack with him and after hasting him the game usually lost card "highlighting" (visual effect that animates cards that can be used).

Contaminated Water was in play by my opponent, maybe it caused some of the issues I had.
    A1 Poochie

Banned
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    There is no trigger on the COI buff. It either applies or doesn't dependent on the condition. The ability describes a modifier that may or may not be in effect. DMT ability is an action (a single thing that happens at some point). It doesn't matter when it happens for CoI, since the only relevant point in time for CoI is when he takes damage and we check his health and, at that moment in time, it is one higher than when DMT was not on the board so he survives. I hope this makes sense. If not, here's a terrible analogy:

OK, how about we say that I am 5ft 9inches unless I stand on my tip toes. I never stand on my tiptoes unless someone attempts to poke me in the eyes. How tall am I now? Who cares? No one. Wait! Someone is trying to poke me in the eyes, right now, so I pop up to avoid being poked. How do you know I avoided it? Because we checked my height to see if I got blinded but of course I was on my tip toes because someone tried to poke me! When did I go on tiptoes exactly? No one knows, but I was on them when the poke tried to connect and that's all that matters.

I don't follow your example. Bob has attack value of his base attack since Curse and Banner are cancelling each other out. The attack value is read at the moment it becomes relevant, and all active modifiers are applied to deliver the right value. War Banner and Curse do NOT trigger ever. They either apply or they don't at any moment in time. (They cease to apply when they leave play, but are otherwise applying all the time.)
    lol. You don't seem to understand. He isn't asking for clarification. He gets it. I get it. He's simply saying its STUPID, and giving a good reason as to why.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Sorry if this has been mentioned before; but I've noticed while building my decks if you select any filter (with the exception of all cards) artifacts remain hidden. There doesn't seem to be a filter where artifacts show up in the deck builder.
    IGN: Hiddanas

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Gaderi Barbarian - set ablaze, buffed by Elementalis and debuffed by Book of Curses - only caused 1 damage against a wounded Armored Sandworm at 2 health.
    A1's man without qualities - Evolution in theory.

My cards ideas: for mages, for others

Songs about Wulven by: TV on the Radio, Babel, Warren Zevon

However much one kind of longs to see the actors in war outdo each other in cunning activity, finesse, and stratagem, still one has to admit that these qualities show themselves but little in history and have rarely been able to emerge from amongst the mass of relations and circumstances.
    The reason for this is obvious enough: Strategy knows no other activity than the arrangement of combats with the measures which relate to it. It doesn't know, like ordinary life, actions that consist of mere words, i.e. expressions, declarations, etc. But these, which are inexpensive, are what the crafty one prefers to deceive with.
    This sober truth is always felt through and through by the actor in war and therefore he ceases to fancy a game of shrewd agility. Necessity presses so hard into immediate action that there is no room left for it. In a word, the pieces on the strategical chessboard lack the mobility that is the element of stratagem and cunning. - CvC, On War

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lentan View Post
    Confirmed in card rulings section. Opposing warrior with rampage with 5hp or less can survive a supernova (if I have allies on the board).
    Really? Your hero and those allies die at the same time, and you can't heal back up from 0 so that warrior hero is dead.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    That does seem odd.

How I would perceive it:

5 damage to everybody -> Everybody who is at 0 or under are destroyed -> Rampage trigger resolves. That would mean that your hero is dead before Rampage has the chance to do anything.

Then again I haven't been able to understand the DT logic at all...

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JeetKuneDo View Post
    lol. You don't seem to understand. He isn't asking for clarification. He gets it. I get it. He's simply saying its STUPID, and giving a good reason as to why.
    Well, as long as you both get it, I'm happy.