Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Talking Need help for Victor Deck

hello to everyone! my name is Xirael, and I started playing this game around a week ago. The hero I choosed for my starter deck was Victor Hearstriker, and since I really like the hero, and since I'm relatively new in the game, I wanted to know if someone could help me to make a good deck =P. What I have so far is this:

Hero:
    Victor Heartstriker x 1

Allies
    Lily Rosecult x 2
    Puwen Bloodhelm x 4
    Armored Sandworm x 2
    Marshland Sentinel x 1

Abilities/Items
    Poison Arrow x 3
    Flaming Arrow x 2
    Net Trap x 2
    Death Trap x 1

Now, that's what I have bought and what it came in the pack that I think is useful, aside those I have this cards for feel up space, and which I'm willing to sell for buy other cards XD (the ones listened before also can be sold, but I would like to keep them if possible =P) :

Into the Forest x 2
    Surprise Attack x 2
    Cover of Night x 1
    Dirk Saber x 1
    Tracking Gear x 1
    Reinforced Armor x 1
    Campfire Stories x 1
    Rain Delay x 1
    Extra Sharp x 2

Okay, that's what I have so far.
    Now the important part of the post: Since I cannot invert money for buy shadow cristals and stuff, I want to know which cards I should buy since now, so I don't waste the few money I can get by fighting against the AI into useless cards -.-
    So, what I was thinking was to add 2 more Death Traps, since they help me to keep control in mid-end of the game. Also I was going to add 2/3 Aldon the Brave, so I can improve the amount of damage the deck does, and maybe some Priest of the Light, for delay opponent's hero for use it's ability, and some Kurt Whitehelm, so the along with the Armored Sandworm, I can fight well against mage decks. Also I was thinking into add 2/3 Retreats, so I can either, win time returning enemy's allies to the hand, or save an incapacitated/about to die ally of mine.
    And for my hero I was thinking into buy the Golden Katar, so he can make damage to opponents when they attack him, along with the Spelleater Bands armor, in case I have to fight against a mage deck.

Now, I would love to hear you all opinion, what you think I should buy, what I should add, what I should change, etc. Thanks in advance to anyone who comments ^w^.
    Last edited by Xirael; 03-21-2013 at 08:19 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Xirael View Post
    hello to everyone! my name is Xirael, and I started playing this game around a week ago. The hero I choosed for my starter deck was Victor Hearstriker, and since I really like the hero, and since I'm relatively new in the game, I wanted to know if someone could help me to make a good deck =P. What I have so far is this:

Hero:
    Victor Heartstriker x 1

Allies
    Lily Rosecult x 2
    Puwen Bloodhelm x 4
    Armored Sandworm x 2
    Marshland Sentinel x 1

Abilities/Items
    Poison Arrow x 3
    Flaming Arrow x 2
    Net Trap x 2
    Death Trap x 1

Now, that's what I have bought and what it came in the pack that I think is useful, aside those I have this cards for feel up space, and which I'm willing to sell for buy other cards XD (the ones listened before also can be sold, but I would like to keep them if possible =P) :

Into the Forest x 2
    Surprise Attack x 2
    Cover of Night x 1
    Dirk Saber x 1
    Tracking Gear x 1
    Reinforced Armor x 1
    Campfire Stories x 1
    Rain Delay x 1
    Extra Sharp x 2

Okay, that's what I have so far.
    Now the important part of the post: Since I cannot invert money for buy shadow cristals and stuff, I want to know which cards I should buy since now, so I don't waste the few money I can get by fighting against the AI into useless cards -.-
    So, what I was thinking was to add 2 more Death Traps, since they help me to keep control in mid-end of the game. Also I was going to add 2/3 Aldon the Brave, so I can improve the amount of damage the deck does, and maybe some Priest of the Light, for delay opponent's hero for use it's ability, and some Kurt Whitehelm, so the along with the Armored Sandworm, I can fight well against mage decks. Also I was thinking into add 2/3 Retreats, so I can either, win time returning enemy's allies to the hand, or save an incapacitated/about to die ally of mine.
    And for my hero I was thinking into buy the Golden Katar, so he can make damage to opponents when they attack him, along with the Spelleater Bands armor, in case I have to fight against a mage deck.

Now, I would love to hear you all opinion, what you think I should buy, what I should add, what I should change, etc. Thanks in advance to anyone who comments ^w^.
    Typically with victor all you need is soul seeker. Any other weapon isn't much use in the current card pool.

Retreats is a good card but generally victor doesn't need it. 4 poison arrows and some fire arrows is usually plenty.

Cover of night, rain delay and campfire stories are generally bad cards.

Priest of the light is a good ally, so is jasmine.

For draw you don't want surprise attack. Your best option is bad Santa, tainted oracle and wrath of the forest is reasonable.

Aeon is expensive but a great card for victor.

This is a fairly typical deck. If u like traps you can look on the forum for different variations.
    Heartstriker

3 x Jasmine Rosecult
    3 x Kristoffer Wyld
    3 x Puwen Bloodhelm
    3 x Aldon the Brave
    2 x Priest of the Light
    3 x Armored Sandworm
    2 x Tainted Oracle
    2 x Aeon Stormcaller
    4 x Poison Arrow
    2 x Flaming Arrow
    2 x Honored Dead
    3 x Ley Line Nexus
    4 x Wrath of the Forest
    4 x Soul Seeker

Total 41 cards
    Last edited by Yvan Antoine; 03-21-2013 at 10:17 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    You can sell them, but you don't have to.
    You can earn gold by playing games, so that you won't spend twice gold purchasing them back.
    But those cards on your list may be the last cards you want to buy them back...
    Buried Treasure of Nanana
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix/ Greatness, Reborn
    My tournament achievements

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    well, first of all, thanks for all the advices, I really appreciate that you had took the time for write all of them =).
    And yeah, for what I had readed in other posts of the forum, it seems that Soul Seeker is the best weapon for victor =P.
    I know that Surprise Attack is bad for drawing, I have it cuz I bought one when I was just starting (worst decision ever >.<),and the other came with the starter pack XD. I don't think I'll use Bad Santa, I just don't like that of giving the enemy 3 cards too (proabably I just don't see the how good that card is cuz I'm a newie, but I just can't get used to that idea of giving cards =P). I'll add the Honored Dead and Tainted Oracle tough, I like them more for improve my drawing =P.
    And I was thinking about taking out 1, maybe 2 Wrath of the Forest and then add 1/2 Spelleater Bands, so I can cover my back against mages. Do you think it's a good idea? =P.
    And I think I will take out one Jasmine, and don't add anything on it's place. I just think that 3 Jasmine would be too much =P.
    About the traps, yeah, I like them, cuz they help a lot, but also I have the problem that they're easy to dodge (even against the AI it happened me a lot that it just summoned a weak ally and then a stronger one =P).I would have to see what is more convenient, probably I'll try to see if I can make them fit in this deck you suggested me, replacing some cards for another ones (I would had to add the retreats and the lilis, they make a good combo with traps XD).
    And yeah, Aeon is a great card, a HELL LOT EXPENSIVE, but great indeed XD. Maybe with some perseverance I may be able to buy it at some point, ut I think I'll leave it in final place, I'll try to buy the other cards first =P

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Index View Post
    You can sell them, but you don't have to.
    You can earn gold by playing games, so that you won't spend twice gold purchasing them back.
    But those cards on your list may be the last cards you want to buy them back...
    haha, I know, I have many crappy cards XD. I'll try to do not sell the ones I see that can be useful, but it's almost sure I'm going to end up selling a lot of em XD. Oh, and speaking of buying, do you think is good idea to buy the booster packs? I already bought another deck (an elemental one), and since I feel that with those is enough, I was wondering if I should start buying the boosters with the shadow cristals =P

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    haha, I know, I have many crappy cards XD. I'll try to do not sell the ones I see that can be useful, but it's almost sure I'm going to end up selling a lot of em XD. Oh, and speaking of buying, do you think is good idea to buy the booster packs? I already bought another deck (an elemental one), and since I feel that with those is enough, I was wondering if I should start buying the boosters with the shadow cristals =P
    If you have all the common cards you will get from the starter decks and you intend to eventually use whatever random cards you will get in the packs they are worth it otherwise they are not worth as much as decks.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I don't think I'll use Bad Santa, I just don't like that of giving the enemy 3 cards too (proabably I just don't see the how good that card is cuz I'm a newie, but I just can't get used to that idea of giving cards =P). I'll add the Honored Dead and Tainted Oracle tough, I like them more for improve my drawing =P.
    Bad Santa is good because you control when the cards are drawn so even worst case scenario giving yourself +2 cards and your opponent +3 can be useful at key points in the game were the cards will matter more on you turn than theirs SE is very much a tempo based game so getting cards first can matter more than getting more cards. However it is far better than that if you use it when your opponent has 4 or more cards in hand they do not draw all the cards they possibly could with bad santa due to maximum hand size.
    And I was thinking about taking out 1, maybe 2 Wrath of the Forest and then add 1/2 Spelleater Bands, so I can cover my back against mages. Do you think it's a good idea? =P.
    SS is a strong counter to mages unless they are solo WotF is also good against mages as it means Nova is less of a threat. So you already have antimage cards and as SEB are pretty much only anti mage and that they probably have LLN or acid jet anyway I would not do this.
    And I think I will take out one Jasmine, and don't add anything on it's place. I just think that 3 Jasmine would be too much =P.
    Absolutely not unless by to much you mean to much gold as she isn't cheap.
    About the traps, yeah, I like them, cuz they help a lot, but also I have the problem that they're easy to dodge (even against the AI it happened me a lot that it just summoned a weak ally and then a stronger one =P).I would have to see what is more convenient, probably I'll try to see if I can make them fit in this deck you suggested me, replacing some cards for another ones (I would had to add the retreats and the lilis, they make a good combo with traps XD).
    And yeah, Aeon is a great card, a HELL LOT EXPENSIVE, but great indeed XD. Maybe with some perseverance I may be able to buy it at some point, ut I think I'll leave it in final place, I'll try to buy the other cards first =P
    Traps can be helpful for keeping an advantage or stalling at key times (right after your opponent plays portal for example). So if you like them use them.