Close

View Poll Results: should players with the same sleeve track their cards in the opponent's hand?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

13 48.15%
  • no

14 51.85%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    plo

sleeves advantage

I feel sleeves shouldn't give you an advantage that players without sleeves do not have.

I understand that the reason sleeves allow you to keep track of your cards in the opponent's hand is because in the physical game it is rude to resleeve the cards, and that the physical and digital games should have no differences.

But there is a way to deal with this, we can make two players without sleeves or with the same sleeve to keep track of their cards in the others hand, can't we?

I don't think it will be a problem in the physical game, there are many ways of dealing with this, we can make players hold their own cards in one hand and the opponent cards in another, force him to say when he is playing or sacrificing a card from the opponent, or anything similar that allows you to distinguish in your opponent's hand his cards from yours.

What's your opinion on this?

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    When I play with sleeves and you don't, then you are effectively using default sleeves. I don't see the issue.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I think he meant two players playing without sleees or two players with the same sleeves. His suggestions is to mark those cards too, so all players know at all times whether or not they still have some of your cards in their hand or played them.
    Mip - Keeper of the Eternal Flame -
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

IGN: BP Mip1

plo
    Quote Originally Posted by Mip View Post
    I think he meant two players playing without sleees or two players with the same sleeves. His suggestions is to mark those cards too, so all players know at all times whether or not they still have some of your cards in their hand or played them.
    I feel I did not express myself very well, this is exactly what I meant.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Let's set it what I did at the conventions, just turn the cards upside down to show they are stolen.

(j/king of course. If this were to go through, an actual marker would be much better.)
    Was the Leader of Acolytes of A1

A1's Dimensional Eyes in the Sky
    A1 Alliance: Evolution in Theory
    PFG3 Leader

Was Shadow Era Community Manager

Sota, The Switch Axe Monster Hunter

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."
    "Humans fight to secure peace as they envision it. The trouble is, everyone's vision is different." - Ringabel

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mip View Post
    Oh. But within that game of no sleeves then neither player is benefitting.

plo
    What I want is to make sleeve players have no advantage.

If you do not use cards like Night Prowler, Transference, or Gravedigger's Cloak, then the sleeves give you an advantage, because when your opponent uses those cards, you are going to have an information you would not have if you were not using the sleeve. It may happenn that your opponent is using the same sleeve as yours, but that is very unlikely, whereas it is very common to have duels where 2 players are not using sleeves.

I do not use sleeves but feel inclined to buy one just because of this slight advantage.

I do not like this at all because SE is supposed to be a free2play where real money only buy surplefuous or cosmetic things, but the sleeves are not superfluous.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    But you benefit from using those cards if you don't use sleeves and they do. You can tell yours from theirs.

plo
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    But you benefit from using those cards if you don't use sleeves and they do. You can tell yours from theirs.
    You are right. If I do not use a sleeve and my opponent does I can tell my cards apart from his in his hand.

However the problem is that I am much more likely to get this benefit by using sleeves than by not using them. The only way it is possible for me not to have this benefit using a sleeve would be if my opponent were using exactly the same sleeve as I am, what is extremely rare. But not using a sleeve the only way of not having this benefit would be for my opponent not to be using a sleeve, what is very common.

From the reasoning above it is possible to see that in the long run players who use sleeve are going to have the benefit of telling their cards apart in the opponent's hand much more often than the ones who don't use sleeves.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Does it really matter? I mean if they use one of your cards it goes to your graveyard afterwards, so you can still track it.
    Extra Tough Claws - Proud Member of ETC

Articles | Decklist | Fan Fiction

Shadow Era Art Thread | PB @ DeviantArt

PFG Member | I've been interviewed!