Close

View Poll Results: should players with the same sleeve track their cards in the opponent's hand?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

13 48.15%
  • no

14 51.85%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    It can be relevant if you're both human heroes and you may wish to retreat the ally he stole from you with dimension ripper.
    Mip - Keeper of the Eternal Flame -
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

IGN: BP Mip1

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I say let's keep what it is now.
    Buried Treasure of Nanana
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix/ Greatness, Reborn
    My tournament achievements

Out There ... Somewhere ... Under a rock with a bottle o' RUM!
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    How about having players able to create their ow custom art sleeves (with non-SE art) or have their name "stamped" on the sleeve to distinguish two identical sleeves between combatants?
    MechWarrior: Living Legends - a total Crysis Wars conversion

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." ~Albert Einstein
    "It'll take time to restore chaos" ~George W. Bush

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Imo, it's fine the way it is now. I can still track my cards from the opponent or vice versa. It's is only when only when 2identical card sleeve art are match together when things get harder to track but what about 2 "nude" players?
    Last edited by Geckt; 03-25-2013 at 11:55 AM.
    Geckt - The Midnight Hunter
    Ign:BP Geckt
    Warriors of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn
    1st in Meet and Beat Meltdown Physical Tournament
    Our Guild Recruitment Thread

FAQs For New Players
    SE digital foil Trading Group

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Who really cares? It's little things like this that drive a developer like Kyle insane.
    Fire Snakes are high in Vitamin D.

Account for Gondorian to put crystalz into: Reshiram99

plo
    I know that many of you think what I am saying is of minimal importance, but for players like me the "sleeve advantage" does bother a bit. It bothers to see an cosmetic "premium" feature in a game that claims to be free to play causing an actual impact, specially in a strategic game.
    Right now there are many other things that are more important, like th expansion, multiple decks per hero, single player campaign, improving AI, among others, but at least it is something I want the DT to consider when those issues are solved.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by plo View Post
    I know that many of you think what I am saying is of minimal importance, but for players like me the "sleeve advantage" does bother a bit. It bothers to see an cosmetic "premium" feature in a game that claims to be free to play causing an actual impact, specially in a strategic game.
    Right now there are many other things that are more important, like th expansion, multiple decks per hero, single player campaign, improving AI, among others, but at least it is something I want the DT to consider when those issues are solved.
    I get what you mean and I honestly do hope they eventually have some way of differing stolen cards regardless of sleeves.
    Was the Leader of Acolytes of A1

A1's Dimensional Eyes in the Sky
    A1 Alliance: Evolution in Theory
    PFG3 Leader

Was Shadow Era Community Manager

Sota, The Switch Axe Monster Hunter

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."
    "Humans fight to secure peace as they envision it. The trouble is, everyone's vision is different." - Ringabel

DP Visionary
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Totally agreed, Plo.
    If there is no one like him finding these "little" mistakes ("that [may] make Kyle insane"), the game would collapse from its own contradictions. Each patch should be closely examined- if the people with the sleeves are getting advantages, then the heros whom used by those people will have less chance of winning. That is, some heros will not be chosen as much as before. THAT is not a small problem. That one change will change the whole strategy (From choosing how many Acid Jets to which hero to choose).
    It may be small, but later, the waves caused by the small thing won't be negligible.

P.S But I love my Tidal Wave sleeves.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    anyway.. can't you just get sleeves when you level up? And then buy the super ugly sleeves like cover of night. Then you'll always be able to tell your (ugly) card from your opponent's.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    It seems to me the idea of advantage is an illusion in this instance, those cards don't allow you to choose which card you get. They are random. When the digital card hits the field you have no way of knowing. The front of the card is same regardless of the sleeves. The advantage is one in your head, because you feel you have good knowledge of whether the card in their hand is dangerous, however you have no clue if the other cards in their hand are better than that card or if that card would be the least useful one for you to take.