Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Digital Playmats??

Question, next bonus level says all pre-orders receive "digital playmats" actually here is the cut and copy version so I am not miss wording anything,

Level 4 - LOCKED - $80,000
    Full set of DP digital playmats! That's right, Shadow Era will soon feature a variety of digital playmats that will customize the look of your playing area. Pre-order customers will get all the new DP playmats for free! (minimum 10 playmats)

Okay so my question is,

Are these playmats for the digital game (which seem a bit weird to me)

Or

Are these actually playmats that are "digital" meaning they have like built in digital counters and lights for my physical deck?

To those who might think this is a strange question I am only asking because if its the later of the two I will be doing some extra pre-ordering.
    If its the first of the two ehhhh, whatever... Hahah
    Kick'n ass then feelin' bad for 'em after.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Yeah, the new bonus level is an iPad with a special app called playmat. Put your cards on it and they are recognized. All calculations (Hp, SE) are made automatically.

Be realistic, we are still waiting on the first playmats. One year wait for rubber,fabric and a pic on top.
    Priest since 1992
    Screw meta, just go and f*****g kill it!
    Drunk and dangerous

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thus far, everything they've offered for the bonus levels has been 'digital' in the sense that it goes with the online game and not the physical game.

I'm pretty sure there would be a lot more hype if they were touting an electro-physical real-life device such as you describe. There isn't really a lot of call for single purpose electronic devices, where it is so easy to develop an app. A browser-based app could probably be made to run on any laptop or smartphone and keep track of everything.

Before I preordered I wished for digital bonuses. Now that I'm anticipating the physical cards, I wish they'd include some physical bonuses. Sleeves and playmats and counters are much more useful in physical play, and they seem much cooler than any online stuff.

Your idea seems really cool, from that perspective, but I'm afraid it will probably never happen unless you develop it yourself.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumbaki View Post
    Yeah, the new bonus level is an iPad with a special app called playmat. Put your cards on it and they are recognized. All calculations (Hp, SE) are made automatically.

Be realistic, we are still waiting on the first playmats. One year wait for rubber,fabric and a pic on top.

Wow dude use sarcasm much?

I understand that we never received our playmats from the first order, reason for getting DP booster boxes instead,
    I just thought that perhaps Kyle had figured out a way maybe went with a new production company to have a bunch made up and ready for this pre-order, with all the bonuses offered in the first pre order it doesn't seem unreasonable that a playmat with digital counters (like a digital clock not a fucking iPad) built into the hero slot could be offered this time around.

DP Visionary
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    They're digital playmats. As it says, it allows you to customize your play area. So get rid of the standard in-game background for matches played in the digital game and replace it with something else, just like replacing the digital card backs with digital card sleeves. It's just a cosmetic tweak.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by a player View Post
    Thus far, everything they've offered for the bonus levels has been 'digital' in the sense that it goes with the online game and not the physical game.

I'm pretty sure there would be a lot more hype if they were touting an electro-physical real-life device such as you describe. There isn't really a lot of call for single purpose electronic devices, where it is so easy to develop an app. A browser-based app could probably be made to run on any laptop or smartphone and keep track of everything.

Before I preordered I wished for digital bonuses. Now that I'm anticipating the physical cards, I wish they'd include some physical bonuses. Sleeves and playmats and counters are much more useful in physical play, and they seem much cooler than any online stuff.

Your idea seems really cool, from that perspective, but I'm afraid it will probably never happen unless you develop it yourself.
    Yeah the bonuses this time around really doesn't make me go running for my CC, maybe when more physical stuff starts up.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I think they're trying to avoid physical bonuses because of what happened last time. Honestly, I think offering no physical bonuses wasn't a good idea.
    Was the Leader of Acolytes of A1

A1's Dimensional Eyes in the Sky
    A1 Alliance: Evolution in Theory
    PFG3 Leader

Was Shadow Era Community Manager

Sota, The Switch Axe Monster Hunter

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."
    "Humans fight to secure peace as they envision it. The trouble is, everyone's vision is different." - Ringabel

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Manila Gorilla View Post
    Wow dude use sarcasm much?

I understand that we never received our playmats from the first order, reason for getting DP booster boxes instead,
    I just thought that perhaps Kyle had figured out a way maybe went with a new production company to have a bunch made up and ready for this pre-order, with all the bonuses offered in the first pre order it doesn't seem unreasonable that a playmat with digital counters (like a digital clock not a fucking iPad) built into the hero slot could be offered this time around.
    Sarcasm is sometimes needed.

Wulven was unable to get simple stuff produced. Forget electronics. In a general way forget physical bonuses (except maybe foils at last stages) as they are a recipe for disaster. Kyle learnt his lesson from cotc preorder, that all.
    Priest since 1992
    Screw meta, just go and f*****g kill it!
    Drunk and dangerous

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Demnchi View Post
    I think they're trying to avoid physical bonuses because of what happened last time. Honestly, I think offering no physical bonuses wasn't a good idea.
    +1 honestly.
    Shadow Era:

Every Turn Counts

"Being strong isn't just about having powers or moves...It is about HEART." - Roronoa Zoro, One Piece

PFG 2 Member "You idealize, we criticize."
    1st Singapore Meltdown Physical Tournament Winner

IGN: Berdugo ETC
    Profession: Alien Hunter

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Digital playmats. While I don't like it, I think it's a step in the right directions. Wulven need more of such cosmetics stuff for purchase. I think Seth suggested it a long long time ago.

Though I wish they could give us some exclusive playmat that only pre order can get.

Here is a recent example of an exclusive playmat for kickstarters... For another very popular game Ascension.

A1's Mustard-Seed Knight of Hope (IGN:A1 atomzed)
    Also a member of PFG1 and PFG2
    Rank #7 in Inaugural Meltdown Tourney
    Singapore Rep for Street Fighter Tournament

"Rapid analysis, accurate judgement, and superb powers of concentration...That is all we need." - Lezard Valeth

Proud member of A1 - Evolution in Theory
    Project Omega - Card Analysis and Strategy Guide

My Articles
    Deck size and Probability - A case for (slightly) bigger deck
    Meltdown Tier and Payout Analysis