Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Dragon Tooth Too over powered?

I was playing a few games on the test server and ran into this weapon. It created a very unfair advantage to the opponent in the medium to high levels of play. Should not some limiting be put on this to balance the play? Like a durability of one to make it a strategic strike, or some other way. It just seems to hobble non warrior classes in the medium to long game when higher cost cards are the norm, and I have not yet seen a comparable weapon for the other classes

just a thought

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I think it's a bit overpowerful as a warrior weapon since they've already got a bunch of other great ways to deal with allies of all types (though crippling blow has gotten a de-facto nerf since lots of heros can deal with it now).

That being said, it's not awful, and it rarely turns the tide of a game. It's a lot like Mind Control, except not as good...costs more, usually only kills one ally (since they have to attack, and ideally, you should be able to wittle it down afterward, assuming you're playing a balanced deck), and doesnt damage the opposing hero.

Like Mind control, it will help to cement a lead, so if the opposing warrior already has strong board control going into late game, you can forget about winning it back with one or two fatties, once dragons tooth comes out.

If you have board control, the opponent playing dragons tooth will kill one ally and thats it...that shouldnt be a game-breaker.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    To be honest, I haven't really even seen anyone using this card yet. Seems powerful, but since it can only kill cost 5 or higher allies, it use is kind of limited, as it will only ever do 1 damage to any other allies, and its attack can't be increased by Amber or Logan. Would be a lot better for Boris or Ter Adun, but still sort of a strategy based card that might not always be of use (for example, against weenie rush Elementalis), regardless of its durability.

Quote Originally Posted by bobrossw
    (though crippling blow has gotten a de-facto nerf since lots of heros can deal with it now).
    You do realize all heroes could deal with Crippling Blow already? Sever Ties was always present and available to all heroes. Just not all players would bother to put Sever Ties in their deck. Now I always put at least 2 (or some other attachment destruction) in with all the new attachments. Anyway, off subject.
    Last edited by tman507; 03-08-2013 at 03:50 AM.
    "IT'S TIME TO DUEL!!!"
    "The Magnificent."
    Account for any future SC transfers by Gondorian: BP tman507

Member of PFG3
    Master of Hand-to-hand Combat
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Official Shadow Era Wiki Moderator

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    it is not over power. other class (except mage) have also access to instant kill ability with using less resource
    IGN: BP Bayangan

Peace Keeper of Utopia
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    attck with hero can reduce its power. that's why i think every deck needs some weapon. can at least use some durations of opponent weapon & armor.
    Buried Treasure of Nanana
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix/ Greatness, Reborn
    My tournament achievements

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Besides the point mentioned above, note that you can use a 5cc ally to attack Dragon Tooth; and the ally will survive.

Dragon tooth ability only works when the hero attack a 5cc ally, not when it defends.
    A1's Mustard-Seed Knight of Hope (IGN:A1 atomzed)
    Also a member of PFG1 and PFG2
    Rank #7 in Inaugural Meltdown Tourney
    Singapore Rep for Street Fighter Tournament

"Rapid analysis, accurate judgement, and superb powers of concentration...That is all we need." - Lezard Valeth

Proud member of A1 - Evolution in Theory
    Project Omega - Card Analysis and Strategy Guide

My Articles
    Deck size and Probability - A case for (slightly) bigger deck
    Meltdown Tier and Payout Analysis

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    There are only a handful of occasions that you will get three kills with Dragon Tooth: your opponent only has 5+cc allies that can't attack for some reason; all your opponents allies have exactly one health with no ability that would reduce damage; you are using Logan; or some combination of the above. Actually, that's about the same number of instances that you will get two kills with Dragon Tooth.

So yes, it hurts when that Warrior auto-kills your Aeon, so what? They can't do it any more often than an Elemental with Mind Control, Priest with Tidal Wave, Rogue with Assassinate, etc. Powerful, yes, OP, no where close.
    Congratulations to Preybird for designing my Avatar!

In Game Handle: Warr Byrd

Contributions to the Game:
    Flavor text for Wild Berserker: The odds are always in my favor
    PFG3: To Be Released Soon™

Tournament Wins: None, I'm Timmy Johnny not Spike!

Shout out to Gondorian, nerull7, Nikola D, plo, Preybird, Super Grover, and Zhou86 for submitting potential avatars!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by bayangan bulan View Post
    it is not over power. other class (except mage) have also access to instant kill ability with using less resource
    mage have the one that insta kills frozen creatures
    Shadow Era:

Every Turn Counts

"Being strong isn't just about having powers or moves...It is about HEART." - Roronoa Zoro, One Piece

PFG 2 Member "You idealize, we criticize."
    1st Singapore Meltdown Physical Tournament Winner

IGN: Berdugo ETC
    Profession: Alien Hunter

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    It's not op

It's weapon for Boris and ter adun, without it they are weak

There lot ways to counter dragon tooth, just use your imagination, except to nerf it
    IGN: BP Bayangan

Peace Keeper of Utopia
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by tman507 View Post
    You do realize all heroes could deal with Crippling Blow already? Sever Ties was always present and available to all heroes. Just not all players would bother to put Sever Ties in their deck. Now I always put at least 2 (or some other attachment destruction) in with all the new attachments. Anyway, off subject.
    Yup, but sever ties in CoTC was very situational...you're right, there's more reason to take it now. There are also many more useful ways to deal with crippling blow, like a Legend Rises or Vozitian Orders. So my point was just that the current meta-game means that crippling blow is less of a lock now than it used to be. So while dragon's tooth might have been OP in CoTC (because it was in addition to crippling blow), now you could argue that it's more fair.

One thing is for sure - Sandworms are not what they used to be.

Also, Bayangan: Boris is not as weak as you seem to think he is. His ability is very strong, and helps establish early board control. crippling blows help to handle tougher allies, which also should be manageable with the early board control, he also has cards to buff those allies so that they can take on tougher allies....Ter Adun is of course another story, though hopefully these new cards have made a difference.
    Last edited by bobrossw; 03-09-2013 at 08:45 AM.